Jump to content


I've succumbed to the toxicity

Chat Toxic Mental Stress

  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Tankyouverymuch2 #1 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:39 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29707 battles
  • 1,274
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

I have now officially disabled chat with allies.

 

This means I won't get poked by my "teammates", distancing me from their incessant insults, keeping my focus on the battle and reducing the urge to perform a strangulation maneuvre on the nearest living thing.

 

Every time I've listened to a tactical suggestion, I've been killed within the next minute. The nice-guy fool that I am, I attempted to avoid being called a "camper" or "bot" or "useless" by doing what has been suggested to me, which would ultimately lead to me truly becoming useless, with the shape of a charred, wrecked tank as I get trapped in the enemy's jaws.

 

I will not listen to them anymore... I will do my own thing. Communications are disabled until further notice.

 

So, how's your day been? :coin:



Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 15600 battles
  • 25,664
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

I'm more impressed that you actually listened to randoms enough that you had to disable the chat to ignore them.  

 

 

 



Pansenmann #3 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33678 battles
  • 12,393
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

seeking attention?

 

I have never disabled chat

(but rather used a mod some 2 years a go that muted everyone below 1500 wn8 automagically)

but it would have not been without cross-team chat and consensual bantering in said chat

that I met the dingers which are a very fine bunch of folks.

 

Yes, we love to talk trash

but always with a smile and a gold shell at the ready :)


Edited by Pansenmann, 31 July 2018 - 09:43 PM.


NoobySkooby #4 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:44 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10793 battles
  • 1,761
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Good on you OP

SuedKAT #5 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,286
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
Just do what I do, counter troll the trolls, it's hilarious to see them so worked up over their own failures, especially the yolo ones that die and write something about their team sucking, those are especially easy and funny to trigger. 

BravelyRanAway #6 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:46 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22389 battles
  • 8,750
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
I like reading the chat...I very rarely type anything unless to say WP to some ally. Can't see why some get worked up about it.

WarPig996 #7 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15244 battles
  • 128
  • [VO1D] VO1D
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
He's right with bad advice given of, *Follow me , I'm crap but you're guaranteed to be quickly destroyed!*

Edited by WarPig996, 31 July 2018 - 09:47 PM.


Not_DangerUXB_Thats4sure #8 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:58 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 9516 battles
  • 2,553
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

I can honestly say that 'We' won this game due to me and others being given good advice by better players..it was a rare one tho?

 

The art is knowing when to take the advice and when not to....

 

'We'..did in this case and i can honestly say it rates better for me than the games you play solo with high damage in your tanks..Out thinking the enemy is far better and rewarding in my books..

 

 

Bugger all damage by me in my 'Fun tank' (Full gold) but was a win carved out of nothing.http://wotreplays.eu/site/4429771#fisherman_s_bay-not_dangeruxb_thats4sure-amx_13_57

 

 

..Chat can be fun and rewarding sometimes?



Tankyouverymuch2 #9 Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29707 battles
  • 1,274
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 31 July 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

I'm more impressed that you actually listened to randoms enough that you had to disable the chat to ignore them.

 

I did it since I'm just like that, I can't think of not listening all the time. Sometimes I realize it's definitely the wrong thing to do, but not every time...

 

I try to be nice. Being nice backfires most of the time... It's better this way.



Desyatnik_Pansy #10 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:03 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 15600 battles
  • 25,664
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 31 July 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

I did it since I'm just like that, I can't think of not listening all the time. Sometimes I realize it's definitely the wrong thing to do, but not every time...

 

I try to be nice. Being nice backfires most of the time... It's better this way.

 

Maybe it's because I play with my idiot friend Chaos who has the tactical advice equivalent to if a potato could communicate to me and say nothing more than "I am a potato", but I often look at any "advice" given in chat, laugh at it and completely ignore it. I learned long enough ago that being nice is not at all the best way to win games, and 99.9% Of "tactics" you see in chat, or "Follow me!" spam is useless and if anything more detrimental to your team than anything.



JocMeister #11 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21863 battles
  • 1,876
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
Its only works until you realize you can turn it back on in the middle of a battle...

Bordhaw #12 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10875 battles
  • 1,999
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 31 July 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

I have now officially disabled chat with allies.

 

This means I won't get poked by my "teammates", distancing me from their incessant insults, keeping my focus on the battle and reducing the urge to perform a strangulation maneuvre on the nearest living thing.

 

Every time I've listened to a tactical suggestion, I've been killed within the next minute. The nice-guy fool that I am, I attempted to avoid being called a "camper" or "bot" or "useless" by doing what has been suggested to me, which would ultimately lead to me truly becoming useless, with the shape of a charred, wrecked tank as I get trapped in the enemy's jaws.

 

I will not listen to them anymore... I will do my own thing. Communications are disabled until further notice.

 

So, how's your day been? :coin:

 



Pansenmann #13 Posted 31 July 2018 - 10:59 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33678 battles
  • 12,393
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-17-2012

View PostBordhaw, on 31 July 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

 

[...]

 

ouch

Knight_Zao #14 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27988 battles
  • 213
  • [KOOL] KOOL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2014

we were in a ranked game earlier and it was you giving out all the abuse !!! so, it isnt just your team mates that hail abuse so do you, and i have all my replays saved.

However, i have also disabled chat, but only when playing ranked. Got to level 10 today and OMG its soooo toxic now



Tankyouverymuch2 #15 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29707 battles
  • 1,274
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostKnight_Zao, on 31 July 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

we were in a ranked game earlier and it was you giving out all the abuse !!! so, it isnt just your team mates that hail abuse so do you, and i have all my replays saved.

However, i have also disabled chat, but only when playing ranked. Got to level 10 today and OMG its soooo toxic now

 

I won't deny it, this game has made me that way.

Suurpolskija #16 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18692 battles
  • 1,642
  • [URHO] URHO
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016

I get toxic sometimes. Mostly when I've played longer than I should. 

 

And after a couple of beers. 

 

I've been wondering if I should disable chat, but then again. Most of the time I'm such a charmer. 



Baldrickk #17 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29530 battles
  • 13,762
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
Aww but you won't get anything to go in the http://forum.worldof...ard-playing-wot thread. It needs more content!

Edited by Baldrickk, 31 July 2018 - 11:23 PM.


Enforcer1975 #18 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:25 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20675 battles
  • 10,572
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 31 July 2018 - 09:58 PM, said:

 

I did it since I'm just like that, I can't think of not listening all the time. Sometimes I realize it's definitely the wrong thing to do, but not every time...

 

I try to be nice. Being nice backfires most of the time... It's better this way.

 

Well i have encountered one or the other donkey today but it still didn't stop me from helping a teammate who flipped his tank even though nobody helped me unflip mine ( and they were driving past me ) or put my tank in the line of fire so a teammate who got permatracked could get away. 

I think i have to do the same i did a week or so ago....camp in the back when my team is licking windows again and flame back when they flame me....and do my thing since they are also "doing theirs" ( namely damage and maybe it will end up in a carry ;) 

 

View PostSuurpolskija, on 31 July 2018 - 11:18 PM, said:

I get toxic sometimes. Mostly when I've played longer than I should. 

 

And after a couple of beers. 

 

I've been wondering if I should disable chat, but then again. Most of the time I'm such a charmer. 

 

I only get upset when i get a moron team after the other....it takes some times though but if you get them every day my limit sinks a bit every day. 
 

BravelyRanAway #19 Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:32 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22389 battles
  • 8,750
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 31 July 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

I have now officially disabled chat with allies.

 

This means I won't get poked by my "teammates", distancing me from their incessant insults, keeping my focus on the battle and reducing the urge to perform a strangulation maneuvre on the nearest living thing.

 

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 31 July 2018 - 08:58 PM, said:

I try to be nice. Being nice backfires most of the time... It's better this way.

 

View PostKnight_Zao, on 31 July 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

we were in a ranked game earlier and it was you giving out all the abuse !!! so, it isnt just your team mates that hail abuse so do you, and i have all my replays saved.

 

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 31 July 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

I won't deny it, this game has made me that way.

You have no right to complain when you're part of the problem you complain about.:sceptic:



Tankyouverymuch2 #20 Posted 01 August 2018 - 12:17 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 29707 battles
  • 1,274
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 31 July 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

You have no right to complain when you're part of the problem you complain about.:sceptic:

 

As if you've never gotten mad at a game yourself... Mr. Perfect. :sceptic:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users