15 - 1 wins! Fixed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Dude_Incarnate #1 Posted 01 August 2018 - 01:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23454 battles
  • [DUDE] DUDE

Just won 15 - 1 where my armour was not damaged and all my shots were accurate.

So I added up the total personal rating for both teams. Winning team had 63K and the losing team had 42K. A difference of 21K of rating!

I think the game is fixed so that this kind of win is deliberate.

21K difference is huge. It is like having an extra 5 players on your team.

SiliconSidewinder #2 Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28045 battles

Well Dude...

Why would that be fixed?

I assume you mean aranged? as in WG giving one side the win?

or do you mean it's impossible to win at that point?

Dead_in_30_seconds #3 Posted 01 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3523 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDude_Incarnate, on 01 August 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

Just won 15 - 1 where my armour was not damaged and all my shots were accurate.

So I added up the total personal rating for both teams. Winning team had 63K and the losing team had 42K. A difference of 21K of rating!

I think the game is fixed so that this kind of win is deliberate.

21K difference is huge. It is like having an extra 5 players on your team.

I hypothesised as much here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/665308-thoughts-around-mm-and-discount-vouchers/page__view__findpost__p__15497292

and got a response that was largely against the idea. Nice to see I'm not the only one with doubts.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68047 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

And yet... if you see it again next time. The winning team might have 15K less vs the winning one. 

During steam rolls like that. It's not so much down to skill. But early placement mistakes. If half your team goes beach on overlord. It doesn't matter if the enemy team has 20K less combined personal rating. They still have the bigger chance to win if their focus their guns around the 0 lane to box the high ground in. Or if the bad players send their mobile HT's to the medium lane. And the good players have their HT's on the HT lane. They won't react until half their team is gone on the medium line vs more guns at times. So personal ratings don't always cause steam rolls. I've played enough battles to know that. 

And considering how many factors there are for such games. It's not like WG can reliably "rig" it. It's not like they tell your team to camp base, even with more or less personal ratings. Or tell the other flank to yolo rush an "easy kill" only to get smacked by 5 hidden guns. Even good players make that mistake when they get greedy. And once such a mistake occurs. The flank usually falls fast. Good skilled team or not. 

Jahpero #5 Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

• 9097 battles

Topic locked due to being related to the MM. Please use the pinned thread in the "Gameplay" section.

Jahpero

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users