Can someone who actually played the 50tp and knows the game comment...

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

kaneAAA #1 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38709 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

The stuff on the forum about the 50 tp is so ridiculously inconsistent that it gives no idea how this tank actually plays and how good it is.  Can someone who isn't crying with a 40% global win rate give an honest overall assessment of the quality of this tank and I would recommend anybody with proper knowledge of the game to do an in depth help review like qb or dez gamer. 

The cry whining is not giving any clarity to this and reminds me of the whines about the elc even which when I got it turned out to be a great tank. 

Ps it looks like the opinion that the 50tp is the good players defender is the opinion by the ccs, but people like qb have been extremely wrong e.g defender and elc even (the elc I think is his worst mistake as a review, got it totally wrong) 

Edited by kaneAAA, 01 August 2018 - 07:08 PM.

F2PEXP #2 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3683 battles

check out skill4ltu

in summary he said he would not spend his own money on it

hardly a glowing recommenddation

kaneAAA #3 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38709 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostF2PEXP, on 01 August 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

check out skill4ltu

in summary he said he would not spend his own money on it

hardly a glowing recommenddation

I can't check vids at the moment ioned. What were his reasons for saying this? 

Edited by kaneAAA, 01 August 2018 - 07:23 PM.

Thrael7 #4 Posted 01 August 2018 - 07:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23204 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well, I doubt he actually spends any of his own money on WoT so... it's not the same. On the other hand it really counts if I consider that my performance wouldn't be even close to what skill4ltu can do in 50TP.

NoobySkooby #5 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

Major

• Player
  • 13115 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostkaneAAA, on 01 August 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

The stuff on the forum about the 50 tp is so ridiculously inconsistent that it gives no idea how this tank actually plays and how good it is.  Can someone who isn't crying with a 40% global win rate give an honest overall assessment of the quality of this tank and I would recommend anybody with proper knowledge of the game to do an in depth help review like qb or dez gamer. 

The cry whining is not giving any clarity to this and reminds me of the whines about the elc even which when I got it turned out to be a great tank. 

Ps it looks like the opinion that the 50tp is the good players defender is the opinion by the ccs, but people like qb have been extremely wrong e.g defender and elc even (the elc I think is his worst mistake as a review, got it totally wrong) 

All i can go by, and this is NOT stats related, is that whatever you do in this PoS tank, you are lucky if you survive, this tank is so bad I am thinking of selling it, after only 30 hours after release, that is definitely a not a glowing recommendation.

Earlier today i took this into a training room against a clan mate who is very very good at playing the game, she was in her KV4, i was in this abomination, the map was Himmelsdorf.

Whichever way i angled the tank, I got penned, hull down i think i bounced two or three shots, the locations we used for this was the 'banana road', moved into the open where she circled me in the open, not one position i put the tank in could stop even one shot, four shots using AP is all it takes to wreck this tank.

Second session. up on the hill on the same map, i wanted to see what the 'ridgeline' gun depression capabilities were like, abysmal is the short answer, again four shots were all it took for a trip to the garage.

All further testing was deemed pointless, and that sums up this tank pretty well.

If your thinking of buying this DON't, just don't.

if you already have it, sell it for the credits.

Unless this tank gets a serious armour buff, then you may as well take a wet paper bag out into battle.

I hoped that helps:amazed:

Edited by NoobySkooby, 02 August 2018 - 12:03 AM.

Bora_BOOM #6 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22676 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostNoobySkooby, on 01 August 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

All i can go by, and this is NOT stats related, is that whatever you do in ght s tank, you are lucky if you survive, this tank is so bad I am thinking of selling it, after only 30 hours after release, that is definitely a not a glowing recommendation.

Earlier today i took this into a training room against a clan mate who is very very good at playing the game, she was in her KV4, i was in this abomination, the map was Himmelsdorf.

Whichever way i angled the tank, I got penned, hull down i think i bounced two or three shots, the locations we used for this was the 'banana road', moved into the open where she circled me in the open, not one position i put the tank in could stop even one shot, four shots using AP is all it takes to wreck this tank.

Second session. up on the hill on the same map, i wanted to see what the 'ridgeline' gun depression capabilities were like, abysmal is the short answer, again four shots were all it took for a trip to the garage.

All further testing was deemed pointless, and that sums up this tank pretty well.

Unless this tank gets a serious armour buff, then you may as well take a wet paper bag out into battle.

No offence but (unless this is your troll account):

OP asked: "Can someone who isn't crying with a 40% global win rate give an honest overall assessment"...

I guess you missed a part... 

santtis #7 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15122 battles
  • [-PJR-] -PJR-

skill4ltu said that the gun handling is good, viewrange is good, armor is riddled with weakspots but works if you know how to use it. He recommends it if you are a good heavy tank driver. For the Average Joe the Defender is a better tank. 

The story is same with QuickyBaby, Harkonnen and DezGamez. 

I like it :P

Jumping_TurtIe #8 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6246 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

After about 30 games this is what I can say.

It is by no means a defender.

LFP is big.

Drivers hatch is penatrable by almost any tank if you angle

Cupola on top is a weakspot, hard to hit I admit, but it is one.

Alpha is great with 440

Aiming not that bad

Speed ok.

Armor from the front is good.

Viewrange is awesome got it to 438 with optics (no food)

All considering I think this is a good tank but in no way overpowered. It is good, but with enough weakpoints to make it not blantenly OP.

kaneAAA #9 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38709 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 01 August 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

After about 30 games this is what I can say.

It is by no means a defender.

LFP is big.

Drivers hatch is penatrable by almost any tank if you angle

Cupola on top is a weakspot, hard to hit I admit, but it is one.

Alpha is great with 440

Aiming not that bad

Speed ok.

Armor from the front is good.

Viewrange is awesome got it to 438 with optics (no food)

All considering I think this is a good tank but in no way overpowered. It is good, but with enough weakpoints to make it not blantenly OP.

Yes no one has really mentioned the view range. This tank is a midrange sniper? 

Jumping_TurtIe #10 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6246 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostkaneAAA, on 01 August 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

Yes no one has really mentioned the view range. This tank is a midrange sniper? 

From up close to midrange it works. Not much further away though. But I find the viewrange handy for picking up assisted damage.

kaneAAA #11 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38709 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostNoobySkooby, on 01 August 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

All i can go by, and this is NOT stats related, is that whatever you do in ght s tank, you are lucky if you survive, this tank is so bad I am thinking of selling it, after only 30 hours after release, that is definitely a not a glowing recommendation.

..... Ehhhhhhh.... 

kaneAAA #12 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38709 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 01 August 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

From up close to midrange it works. Not much further away though. But I find the viewrange handy for picking up assisted damage.

Well actually that kind of view range means it could hold hull down lt positions and act as spotter. So it would be far superior to defender on open maps and could take lt roles in some situations. 

Many of the forumites are are Concentrating on armour and ignoring viewrange which is a massive weapon in itself if used well. 

Edited by kaneAAA, 01 August 2018 - 08:53 PM.

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21494 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Havent played it but just looking at thearmour model this is not a heavy, it's a classic heavium.

LFP can be penned by everything at almost any angle, and if angled enough so it can't be penned you an be penned through the tracks by tier VI tanks (150mm armour)

The drivers hatch is massive and the most armour I can find on it is 210mm...

Terrible attempt by WG to go back to the days of "premiums are worse than tech tree tanks but also worse than every premium we've sold over the last two years so enjoy being crapon by Defenders"

Edited by RamRaid90, 01 August 2018 - 09:02 PM.

kaneAAA #14 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38709 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
Again surley it means this tank functions best at midrange and is not designed for corridor brawling. 

SuedKAT #15 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I don't own the tank, nor do I plan to buy it, not since it looks like it's bad but since I don't really buy premium tanks, I much rather buy other games for that cash. Still it looks like a solid tank that will perform good in most situations, but it require the player to know at least the basic game mechanics to be able to utilize it, so it's not an "herpaderp" tank like the Defender which basically is as noob friendly as it gets. Compared to other tier 8 premium HT's it looks quite balanced, compared to the regular tier 8 HT's it looks quite a bit above average, but premiums being better than regular tanks seems to be WG's new thing so I guess we'll have to live with that until they lose some more players and start buffing things.

StuffKnight #16 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30847 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_
Very few games in mine but it's often more about the gun's ability to slap things hard than trying to abuse the armour like you would in a big dumb Soviet heavy (although when top tier you can go ahead and do just that).

kaneAAA #17 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38709 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

View PostStuffKnight, on 01 August 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

Very few games in mine but it's often more about the gun's ability to slap things hard than trying to abuse the armour like you would in a big dumb Soviet heavy (although when top tier you can go ahead and do just that).

So you think it would function better than a defender for high skill players? 

leggasiini #18 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14244 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

It's very powerful IMO but it's not retardproof like Defender, you actually need brain to do well in it. Hull armor is trollish but unreliable, you generally shouldnt rely on it . LFP is weak, turret ring is weak and turret roof is overmatchable by 122mm guns. Turret can bounce ever higher tiers but sides are weak, much weaker than Russians. Mobility is average, although traverse speed is actually VERY good for a heavy for some reason. What makes it strong is the 440 alpha with -8/-10 depression. You can just poke ridges and hit like a truck, also solid view range helps as well; you can actually spot, unlike Russian tier 8 HTs.  Not just that, the DPM is quite good. It can rack up damage rather well because of solid DPM AND excellent alpha.

It's not as easy to play as Defender but because of much better gun depression, way better accuracy and better view range, I actually vastly prefer it over the Defender. Got the highest DPG out of all tier 8s I have with it, so it certainly IS a very capable vehicle.

I enjoy it, pretty much one of the very few tier 8 premiums that are actually fun to play to me.

View PostkaneAAA, on 01 August 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

So you think it would function better than a defender for high skill players? 

Yes, IMO.

Edited by leggasiini, 01 August 2018 - 09:20 PM.

250swb #19 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22667 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostkaneAAA, on 01 August 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

The stuff on the forum about the 50 tp is so ridiculously inconsistent that it gives no idea how this tank actually plays and how good it is.

It's simple, everybody who see's a 50TP on the enemy team wants to get their first kill no matter what it takes. So you get gameplay that you wouldn't when the novelty wears off. That is why there are inconsistent reports, because nobody is factoring in the yolo factor of the enemy and the desperation to kill the 50TP in the first days.

evilchaosmonkey #20 Posted 01 August 2018 - 09:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16655 battles
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT

Only played a few games in it so far.

Quickybaby's video gives a fair summary and most importantly how to play to its strengths.

Plus side is, if you hide your LFP then you appear (limited data set) to be able to reliably bounce shells.  This will probably change as players learn where to aim.  Alpha damage is worth a laugh when you pen.

Down side is, that pen/accuracy combo is a little lacking but not unworkable.  You'll need to dab the 2 key on a fair few tanks.

Problems come (as you'd expect) when you get shot in the sides, so keeping the front (hull + turret) pointing forward to the shooter appears to be paramount.

Just remember the above is based on a few games facing the usual 3/5/7 teams only.

$64m question then, is it worth the money?  Would have preferred an idiot proof Defender, but no regrets so far.

edit:  will add that I played with a 100% (only) crew and no skills, with vert stabs, vents and optics.  So with better crewed skill, things will be better and most importantly fun.

Edited by evilchaosmonkey, 01 August 2018 - 09:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users