I'm a tech noob and I've probably just ended my WoT career

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

How_hard_can_it_be #1 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40579 battles

Few days ago my wireless gaming mouse Bloody 6 just R.I.P.-ed after 4 or 5 years of service and I immediately rushed to the nearest tech shop. There were mostly wired mouses which I did not want, and there was one wireless from some unknown company. Being the tech noob that I am, I convinced myself it must be a decent mouse because of the price ~50 euro.

I was so wrong ! It's horrible! I can't even describe the horror that I experience whenever I press battle button. It's all over the place and it's not as precise as my previous one .It's so bad that I lack confidence in making agressive plays and aiming precise shots take a lot more time and effort. It's even come to that I try to train in tier 5 so I don't F up something in higher tiers.
I keep fiddling with mouse sensitivity but I've lost hope. It's been 3 days and I still can't make it work. I do get some good games, some were very good but it's such a hard work and stress because of the unreliable mouse. It's just not fun.
I don't feel like spending another 50 euro even if it means getting Bloody 6 mouse or other high quality gaming mouse just to play properly. I feel like quitting the game. The mouse lets me down constantly and that means I let my teams down, which is my main gripe. It's not in my nature to play when I can't give my best.
At least it's not your usual " fu@@ this game I quit " kind of thread. I will give it a try for few more days, but I already suspect it will be a horrible experience that will put me off for good.

May as well ask here if you have had similar experience with mouses or maybe you can suggest some cheap gaming mouses that you can actually call "gaming" mouses.

Edited by How_hard_can_it_be, 01 August 2018 - 10:21 PM.

Mko #2 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles
Well maybe return it and buy a proper wired mouse?

Nethraniel #3 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 13535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Give the mouse back to the store then? Do research online and order something worthwhile via some online shop? (mind the correct order of actions) 

OIias_of_Sunhillow #4 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:27 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24853 battles

I've never had a 'tailless', mouse before.

And with good reason. I've heard horror stories about them.

I'm 'old school', anyway. I prefer my mice/mouses(?), wired.

Never any lag, which I suspect may be wrong with yours.

Monitors can interfere with the signal, as can mobiles, routers, speakers,...

I'll be sticking with my £20, flashing light, 9 multi-button, 4-Dpi setting, wired beauty.

Edited by OIias_of_Sunhillow, 01 August 2018 - 10:27 PM.

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:28 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18593 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Take your PC and your mouse to the Tech Store, explain (nicely) the problem you have, and ask them if they can help you with the set-up. If they are a half-decent Tech Shop, they will help you out.

Flid_Merchant #6 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9759 battles
Never go wireless, batteries always run out at the wrong time.

fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49459 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

For 50€ you can definitely get a nice mouse. Wireless wouldn't be my pick, but if that's what you prefer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Spoiler

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 01 August 2018 - 10:42 PM.

ThinGun #8 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35865 battles
I have a wireless AND a wired mouse.  Expensive (£80)  'black light' wireless mouse is great for business laptop use - centrifugal scrolling, can be used in the air etc etc.  It's rubbish for playing games though.  I have a cheap (£15) Mad Catz wired mouse for games and the responsiveness is superb.  It's super lightweight, and has cutaways so it doesn't get warm when handled.  It also looks the doggy's danglers.

How_hard_can_it_be #9 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40579 battles

View PostFlid_Merchant, on 01 August 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

I've been wireless for the last 4 years and I already got used to the lack of wire. I've never liked the "weight" of wires when it's hanging.

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 01 August 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

I've never had a 'tailless', mouse before.

And with good reason. I've heard horror stories about them.

I'm 'old school', anyway. I prefer my mice/mouses(?), wired.

Never any lag, which I suspect may be wrong with yours.

Monitors can interfere with the signal, as can mobiles, routers, speakers,...

I'll be sticking with my £20, flashing light, 9 multi-button, 4-Dpi setting, wired beauty.

I had Bloody 6 wireless which was superb and can't say anything bad about it.

View PostMko, on 01 August 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

Well maybe return it and buy a proper wired mouse?

Before the purchase I had asked them if I could return it in case I would not be satisfied but they told me they would get it back only if it's broken or damaged. Dunno, I will try again tomorrow maybe.

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostFlid_Merchant, on 01 August 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Logitech has this new wireless keyboard mouse combo where they claim up to 18 months for a battery charge. Even if it only lasts a third or half the time its# still a lot but the price is a rip-off....they got very expensive lately. have to think hard what brand i will get when my mouse and keyboard die which i hope will take long since i usually tak care of them. Mouse is still working with slight rmb problems once every blue moon and the G15 was one of the first ( almost 11 yo now ). 

https://www.logitech...gaming-keyboard

Baldrickk #11 Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30544 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

My best mouse was a logitech clone, sold by Lidl of all places. £12.00 and worked like a dream.  Used it for over 5 years, till the scroll wheel got clogged.  It's awaiting a clean.

My current mouse is from the local supermarket (Tesco) it's not a laser mouse, only optical but the tracking is spot on on a mousepad - doesn't work properly on the wooden desk, but on a plain desk it would be fine too.  Cost about the same as the one above.

In the meantime I used a MS Intellimouse - one of the optical ones they made before they stopped making pherephials and farmed it out to a third party.  it was plain but worked properly.  Missed the thumb buttons for voice etc though.

There is a Kone mouse I really want (fits my hands really well - they get slagged off for being too big, but I have big hands) but £70+ is a bit steep...

All are wired, and I don't notice the wire, just make sure you have enough slack and a wired mouse has 0 influence on freedom unless you are one of those people who like the sensitivity down on minimum and to use the entire desk surface.

As for wireless, I watched a budget mouse review recently, and this one was recommended for being far better than expected for the price.

https://www.amazon.c...t/dp/B01GBINQGE

Do take the mouse back if it is misbehaving, ask for a refund because it doesn't work as described.

Edited by Baldrickk, 01 August 2018 - 11:31 PM.

Flid_Merchant #12 Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9759 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 01 August 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

Logitech has this new wireless keyboard mouse combo where they claim up to 18 months for a battery charge. Even if it only lasts a third or half the time its# still a lot but the price is a rip-off....they got very expensive lately. have to think hard what brand i will get when my mouse and keyboard die which i hope will take long since i usually tak care of them. Mouse is still working with slight rmb problems once every blue moon and the G15 was one of the first ( almost 11 yo now ). 

If you read the small print it says "May vary based on user and computing conditions". Read into that what you will but personally it has me feeling cynical.

juonimies #13 Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44489 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View PostHow_hard_can_it_be, on 01 August 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

Few days ago my wireless gaming mouse Bloody 6 just R.I.P.-ed after 4 or 5 years of service and I immediately rushed to the nearest tech shop. There were mostly wired mouses which I did not want, and there was one wireless from some unknown company. Being the tech noob that I am, I convinced myself it must be a decent mouse because of the price ~50 euro.

I was so wrong ! It's horrible! I can't even describe the horror that I experience whenever I press battle button. It's all over the place and it's not as precise as my previous one .It's so bad that I lack confidence in making agressive plays and aiming precise shots take a lot more time and effort. It's even come to that I try to train in tier 5 so I don't F up something in higher tiers.
I keep fiddling with mouse sensitivity but I've lost hope. It's been 3 days and I still can't make it work. I do get some good games, some were very good but it's such a hard work and stress because of the unreliable mouse. It's just not fun.
I don't feel like spending another 50 euro even if it means getting Bloody 6 mouse or other high quality gaming mouse just to play properly. I feel like quitting the game. The mouse lets me down constantly and that means I let my teams down, which is my main gripe. It's not in my nature to play when I can't give my best.
At least it's not your usual " fu@@ this game I quit " kind of thread. I will give it a try for few more days, but I already suspect it will be a horrible experience that will put me off for good.

May as well ask here if you have had similar experience with mouses or maybe you can suggest some cheap gaming mouses that you can actually call "gaming" mouses.

Dont spend a single coin to this shitgame. You'll find that your quality of living gets better if you quit playing this money-milking shitrussian fraud. 

Enforcer1975 #14 Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostFlid_Merchant, on 01 August 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

If you read the small print it says "May vary based on user and computing conditions". Read into that what you will but personally it has me feeling cynical.

View PostEnforcer1975, on 01 August 2018 - 10:54 PM, said:

I think you should read my small print too.

fighting_falcon93 #15 Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32053 battles
Why do you want a wireless mouse? :confused:

314WTNK #16 Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30143 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
i struggled alot with my new mouse aswell. took me half a year to get used to it

Balc0ra #17 Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67397 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Bloody? The one with the blood hand logo on them? I have a P81 "with a wire" from those on the other rig. It's fine tbh. But not that wonderfull vs my pads. Tho I can get a new one ofc. I got a fairly mid range Turtle Beach mouse on this rig. Not wireless either, but it's fairly good. It's no DPI monster. But vs my mouse pad it's smooth. And that's all I want. Don't need 12 buttons or nothing. 

View Postjuonimies, on 01 August 2018 - 11:36 PM, said:

Dont spend a single coin to this shitgame. You'll find that your quality of living gets better if you quit playing this money-milking shitrussian fraud. 

This helps with his mouse issue how? Believe it or not. People by PC gear to play more then one game. As that gear works on more then WOT. But hey... yet again we have one that calls it a shitgame and a fraud... still plays it. Funny how that works right? 

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 August 2018 - 12:25 AM.

PervyPastryPuffer #18 Posted 02 August 2018 - 12:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 31605 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I've been using an MS SHOOTER mouse since 2015, and after countless times of slamming it against the table in rage, it still works. :great:

This:

unhappy_bunny #19 Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:43 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18593 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postjuonimies, on 01 August 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

So have you quit then? Or just spouting a load of anti-WG vomit? 

snowy76 #20 Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27924 battles
  • [KTTP] KTTP

I use a £5 HP wired mouse and it's so old it has a ball in it.

I've used it so long I have worn the texture off the buttons and the sides.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users