Can't Run WoT *Error*

problem windows cannot access error not working broken

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

oliofiat #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24 battles
Hi, I am I guess "new" to WoT (I played it awhile back but uninstalled it due to needing space). But I recently just finished re-installing the game. Everything is installed ect, so I go to press Play and I get this error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item". I have searched it up on goggle and tried all the methods of fixing yet still nothing? I am running it as an admin, I have checked that the access is set to everyone ect and its not my anti virus. Anyone have any ideas?

oliofiat #2 Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24 battles
Now I cant even attempt to start the game due to me doing an integrity check and mid way through it popping up with ANOTHER error, this one reads: "Critical error. unable to download updates via HTTP. The application cannot continue.". So I am now stuck with a game taking up 10GB that I cant even start! Plz help

Isharial #3 Posted 02 August 2018 - 02:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19531 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

right.. so, what windows version? where? how's it set up? a few details about the system can really help in diagnosing issues

if it cant access the path, it means its been put in a protected folder, or a drive that's no longer available (or that it thinks isn't)  have you tried setting it as an exception in your antivirus? at a long shot, it could be that blocking it. I had the same from Dragon Age Inquisition until I had that set whenever I start it, so its worth a shot if you haven't done that yet

when you uninstalled it last, did you have any mods? did you delete everything? did you try doing it manually? 

View Postoliofiat, on 02 August 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Now I cant even attempt to start the game due to me doing an integrity check and mid way through it popping up with ANOTHER error, this one reads: "Critical error. unable to download updates via HTTP. The application cannot continue.". So I am now stuck with a game taking up 10GB that I cant even start! Plz help

that looks like issues with it connecting to the internet servers, do you play through VPN? 

10gb? game should be around 30gb+ so your missing 20gb of the game... no wonder its doing an integrity check, half the games not even there....

delete it and re-install the client to another drive/location, if that still doesn't work. then the issue isn't with the wot client, but with something on your machine

Bordhaw #4 Posted 02 August 2018 - 06:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10851 battles

View Postoliofiat, on 02 August 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Hi, I am I guess "new" to WoT (I played it awhile back but uninstalled it due to needing space). But I recently just finished re-installing the game. Everything is installed ect, so I go to press Play and I get this error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item". I have searched it up on goggle and tried all the methods of fixing yet still nothing? I am running it as an admin, I have checked that the access is set to everyone ect and its not my anti virus. Anyone have any ideas?

From this and your other reply this looks like it is to do with your firewall or anti-virus. Blocking access to where the game is installed and also blocking the addition of all the game files.

Create a new folder on C:/Games/WoT and try download and install it there.

250swb #5 Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:03 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21707 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 02 August 2018 - 05:25 PM, said:

From this and your other reply this looks like it is to do with your firewall or anti-virus. Blocking access to where the game is installed and also blocking the addition of all the game files.

Create a new folder on C:/Games/WoT and try download and install it there.

Agree, don't install it in the 'Program Files'.

Have you updated Windows, it can cause some screwy and scary messages if it has been ignored for a while?

Edited by 250swb, 03 August 2018 - 10:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users