New Maps (Studzianki, Minsk, Pilsen)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kayi4ek #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

WoT Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 17845 battles

Commanders,

Please share your feedback regarding the Update 1.1 Common Test on this topic.

Thanks!

tank0903 #2 Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9821 battles
  • [FTWT] FTWT
The Minsk map is a bad choice to add to the game. In every battle the Heavies bottleneck the city section and the mediums and lights go all out and camp the entire game in the grass fields. It's simply horrible. And if you consider the fact that almost no players cooperate in random battles, you're going to struggle a lot to win a battle on Minsk. The map simply doesn't work.

mikeknispel #3 Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8035 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

23 Battles fought, number of new or re-worked maps - 1 (Studzianki).  In that one battle the game was so late letting me into battle a stupid team mate killed me in the spawn so I have NO IDEA what any of the new/re-worked maps are like. edit: 10 more battles, 1 new one (Studzianki). Too early to say on that map. Looks like it will become quite technical in that it seems very open but there are sneaky paths through it maybe.

Edited by mikeknispel, 05 August 2018 - 01:36 PM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #4 Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3563 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttank0903, on 04 August 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

The Minsk map is a bad choice to add to the game. In every battle the Heavies bottleneck the city section and the mediums and lights go all out and camp the entire game in the grass fields. It's simply horrible. And if you consider the fact that almost no players cooperate in random battles, you're going to struggle a lot to win a battle on Minsk. The map simply doesn't work.

You do understand, that nobody actually knows the map yet, it's positions and timings?

You don't know how to play the map, but do know that it "simply doesn't work". Interesting.

Sfinski #5 Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31689 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Pilsens field has bushcamping positions on both ends. That's not fun at all. You can have one TD holding the whole flank from there. Makes the gameplay too static. 

Edited by Sfinski, 05 August 2018 - 10:15 AM.

tank0903 #6 Posted 06 August 2018 - 12:03 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9821 battles
  • [FTWT] FTWT

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 05 August 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

You do understand, that nobody actually knows the map yet, it's positions and timings?

You don't know how to play the map, but do know that it "simply doesn't work". Interesting.

I played the map. Knowing "positions" or timings? The field is bad. The city is bad. Same goes for all three maps, they are all camp maps. I tested them out

ignaskarate #7 Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10362 battles
  • [WOTFK] WOTFK

i will give + to studzianki, because it is posible somehow to play in all types of tanks.

Pilsen-field is for TD camping in corners and they will wait there all battle, buildings-for hard armoured tanks or hard shooter. Minks is the same as Pilsen.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11536 battles

Bennie182 #9 Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53663 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

Took a long time before I finally had the chance to play those maps. Map rotation it stupid. It's seems people rarely get those maps to test them out.

View PostSfinski, on 05 August 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Pilsens field has bushcamping positions on both ends. That's not fun at all. You can have one TD holding the whole flank from there. Makes the gameplay too static. 

I agree, but I do like the small gravel hills. They provide good cover, but once you've fought your way through, it's still too hard because of camping td's. The road in the far north and south don't make much sense. It's nothing but a long route to flank, but not much to get there easily without being seen. Only a useless coridor on 0 line.

Studzianki

The bushes in the south make no sense. It's too hard to spot anything and you will still get 'owned' by camping td's. The bushes are

exactly on the opposite side from both teams so they provide cover, but give no chance to spot from. The trench in the middle is only useful for cover, and nothing but that. It's takes time to get out and then you get spotted and shot by td's. No tank can use it's gun depression there. If you're bottom tier it's going to be really really hard to be useful on this map, in my opinion.

Minsk

I've only played the city part so far. Spawn positions are weird. The trench in the middle makes it very hard to push, so as people already said before, it's just brawling there. Once your team destroyed enough tanks you can start to move on, but there aren't many places you can flank from.

As far as my experience goes, the west side of the map is kinda useless, because the map is too open on that side. It's too easy to defend, so trying to cap doesn't make much sense.

Edited by Bennie182, 09 August 2018 - 10:27 AM.

HagmanCM #10 Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2080 battles

View PostKayi4ek, on 02 August 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

Commanders,

Please share your feedback regarding the Update 1.1 Common Test on this topic.

Thanks!

Would be nice to but after 30 games not seen one new map. WG is brainless, the new maps should be prioritised so we see them more often. All I'm getting is usual maps.

Oh, and of course loads of teamkilling from ru cunts. Really time the eu got its own test server so those brainless morons cant keep messing up the games.

19:50 Added after 3 minutes

View Postmikeknispel, on 04 August 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

23 Battles fought, number of new or re-worked maps - 1 (Studzianki).  In that one battle the game was so late letting me into battle a stupid team mate killed me in the spawn so I have NO IDEA what any of the new/re-worked maps are like. edit: 10 more battles, 1 new one (Studzianki). Too early to say on that map. Looks like it will become quite technical in that it seems very open but there are sneaky paths through it maybe.

You're doing better than me, no new maps in over 30 games, total crap. WG has its head up its arse.

As for the teamkilling, almost every game has ru player teamkilling eu for some imagined offence, like not playing the way they want you too. Thank god they are a third world country again and no real threat to the west, they have really odd mental issues.

Also tagged with 1.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users