Polish tech tree

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Kayi4ek #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

WoT Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18315 battles

Commanders,

Please share your feedback regarding the Update 1.1 Common Test on this topic.

Thanks!

Wladimir_W #2 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28279 battles
very slow, very weak tanks with a nice gun. Not going to grind that

bgjudge #3 Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28577 battles

Tier 5 TANK => STOCK GUN= > TOTAL JOKE!!! WHO CAME UP WITH THAT!! FIRE THAT PERSON , like yesterday! Rly BAD JOKE!

FIX IT !

The stock gun of the tier 5 has only 50 pen!!! You need to research TRACKS + Turret, THEN U HAVE TO RESEARCH GUN which has 108 pen.

Please WG dont be a duck!

Also after the tier 10 POLISH tank gun, what about the USA tier 10 TD with semi turret ( the E4) => do you plan to BUFF it?  Any plans to make it special? May be you can just make the Alpha 850...so we can have reason to play it...or something..

Edited by bgjudge, 03 August 2018 - 04:30 PM.

AlphaGamer_ #4 Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8376 battles
  • [4K1LL] 4K1LL
I'm I the only one that thinks that the E-100 is getting killed? Now a days the only thing he had going for him was the alpha damage.. but now, with the polish heavy and the Obj. 705, they have better armor, smaller weak spots, they are more maneuverable, smaller and the same or almost the same alpha, I think that there are a lot of vehicles that are being left behind, especially in the German line, and I think that it needs a revision, the new tanks are getting more and more powerful each time and the then competitive tanks, are now a pain to play because of the unforgiving competition.

fighting_falcon93 #5 Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32046 battles

I've tried the tier 10 so far and I like the concept a lot of good turret + good alpha. But since you said it was supposed to be a mix between an E-100 and an IS-4, I have to say I'm quite disappointed about the side armor. While both the E-100 and IS-4 can sidescrape and shoot at the same time, if you try to do that in the 60TP, clowns with premium ammo will pen your forward-side easily. Already happened multiple times on test server. So it would be nice if you could give it better side armor.

And please, when will you finally rework premium ammo so that the game can for once become enjoyable?

leggasiini #6 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 15190 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Quick impressions of tier 5-10:

Tier 5, 25TP: Seems reasonably well balanced, quite good, actually... in top configuration. Stock gun is an utter joke; its unplayable with standard ammo, and even with premium ammo its utterly horrendous. 85 mm penetration cant do anything against some tier 5s, a lot of tier 6s, and most tier 7s, even mediums.

Tier 6, 40TP: Horrible, basically flat out worse than the P43 Bis with better pen, or alternatively a flat out worse VK 30.01P with 20 more alpha but worse everything else. Turret armor is useless, there is a huge roof that can overmatched by 90mm guns and higher. Needs serious buffs to either its armor or mobility. Right now its basically a mix of a medium tank and heavy tank, but takes mostly the worst traits of the both classes, apart from alpha damage.

Tier 7, 45TP: Once again, pretty bad. Hull armor can bounce tier 5s, but thats about it. Turret is mediocre, can bounce tier 5s and 6s but starts to be weak against tier 7s. HP pool is poor, among the worst in class. Gun is alright, but its nothing special. Mobility is not exactly great. Again, tries to be a mix of medium and heavy, but kinda fails at being both. In the end it's a terrible version of T29; heck, even the AMX M4 45 with 105 mm gun seems stronger than it.

Tier 8, 53TP: Reasonably well balanced, IMO, has advantages over the premium tank in better mobility, gun stats and turret placement, but pays off for having less gun depression, alpha damage and hull armor. The only thing I dont understand about it is the 122 mm D-25T-clone it gets; the gun with 390 alpha and 175 mm penetration. Why does it even exist? It's worse than the stock 105 mm gun, and you HAVE to research it. It really seems like an intentional XP bait, because its completely useless at tier 8 and you HAVE to research it.

Tier 9, 50TP: Seems quite balanced, even with 560 alpha, since the hull armor is practically useless and its not super fast. I would say that 560 alpha is borderline too much, but I feel like it wouldn't be too bad if it the tank has slightly less DPM. 2100 DPM is unreasonably high for 560 alpha, that is almost tier 10 levels. It can't have both good DPM and amazing alpha. Drop the DPM to 1900-2000 and it's fine.

Tier 10, 60TP: It's pretty powerful, but it seems balanced in my eyes because it has weakspots, is not super mobile and penetration is sub-par. It's very enjoyable to play, because the gun is really satisfying.

Edited by leggasiini, 03 August 2018 - 07:52 PM.

asari79 #7 Posted 03 August 2018 - 09:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30855 battles

I have played the 60TP some games and I try it only AP and HE cus on live server I would never go full HEAT anyway.

But it´s easy to get 4-5k damage even if you do not use any HEAT and I am not a good player.

So I think it´s a strong tank so far but since it´s a new tank I guess alot of ppl do not know where to shot it cus I bounce alot of shots even with my hull armour so

it´s to early to say if it´s to strong but it´s a good tank anyway.

ares354 #8 Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73975 battles

Block Quote

Tier 9, 50TP: Seems quite balanced, even with 560 alpha, since the hull armor is practically useless and its not super fast. I would say that 560 alpha is borderline too much, but I feel like it wouldn't be too bad if it the tank has slightly less DPM. 2100 DPM is unreasonably high for 560 alpha, that is almost tier 10 levels. It can't have both good DPM and amazing alpha. Drop the DPM to 1900-2000 and it's fine.

This tank only have alpha and dpm. Other thing are crap. 

And -8 gun is nothing special here at all. 

pawelwks #9 Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3255 battles

4TP - Vmax is too low, it should be 50 km/h as it was designed for

7TP - why the tank does not have 37 mm Bofors gun available?! why is it 4 men crew if it should be 3? Why the "top" turret is so weird and it is not the one it was historically? Why we can't have 7TP in its historical set up as top set up?

37mm Bofors - it should have 40 mm of penetration!

25TP - The first 40 mm Bofors autoloader with 50 mm of penetration is a joke at 5th tier! 3cm gun at Luchs (4th tier) has 90mm of penetration!

WinningWolves #10 Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25217 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

So I've just finished my first round of testing on the high tiers and I've had a quick round in the Excalibur.

Excalibur: very very good gun, while the penetration is subpar its accuracy, aim time and DPM make up for it a lot. Its pretty fast which is nice thanks to the lack of armor. Overall I think this tank is well balanced, its dpm and gun handling are definitely its strong points while penetration armor and its big size are the main downsides.

53TP Markowskiego: I have done an armor test on this vehicle and well, its pretty damn bad. 110mm upper plate is an instapen for even some tier 6 and 7's, it can sidescrape effectively although I would recommend reverse sidescraping due to the turret positioning. The turret feels quite strong however there is a cupola which is very easy to hit. This tank has excellent mobility and the gun feels really nice which does make up for its poor hullarmor. I would however still suggest a still buff for this tanks hullarmor because it does really feel like a joke to just get autopenned by almost everything that fires it, even when you angle it as much as possible.

50TP Tyszkiewicza: This tank feels very powerfull, its mobility isn't great but the armor is very nice and the alpha damage just feels amazing on a tier 9 heavy. It also has great penetration and its gunhandling is not bad at all. Overall I think this tank might have a bit to much going for it, high alpha damage, decent dpm, decent gunhandling and great armor. I would suggest a nerf to the dpm since its simply a bit to high combined with its high alpha if you compare the other tier 9 heavies. Maybe lowering it to 1900-2000 Damage/Minute.

60TP Lewandowskiego: A very fun tank to play, its not very fast but its armor is amazing, and well then theres ofcourse this tanks crown jewel, its gun. 750 alpha with decent gunhandling and dpm. things that balance this tank out are the fact that there are plenty of weakspots and its mediocre mobility also limit this tank. This tanks side armor is a bit mediocre which makes sidescraping difficult unless you sidescrape at very steep angles. I don't think this tank needs any changes since it feels quite balanced. Good armor with plenty of weakspots, mediocre mobility and a very satisfying gun to use.

pincup #11 Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6482 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 03 August 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Polish heavies are advertised as having great armor and alpha at the expense of mobility. Imo hull armor doesn't exist and what's left is great alpha with AWFUL aim time and so far my feeling is that gun isn't that accurate :mellow:

If you take alpha away , why would you pick it over E75 or ST-I ? what would be distinctive feature of heavies ? no armor ? horrible aim time ? poor accuracy ? subpar penetration ? why would you even grind this line ?

as for 50TP  it would be nice to buff aim time a little bit as 3.2 is just out of place when combined with this rather poor accuracy

Edited by pincup, 04 August 2018 - 07:43 AM.

pincup #12 Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:15 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6482 battles

View PostWinningWolves, on 04 August 2018 - 06:44 AM, said:

50TP Tyszkiewicza: This tank feels very powerfull, its mobility isn't great but the armor is very nice and the alpha damage just feels amazing on a tier 9 heavy. It also has great penetration and its gunhandling is not bad at all. Overall I think this tank might have a bit to much going for it, high alpha damage, decent dpm, decent gunhandling and great armor. I would suggest a nerf to the dpm since its simply a bit to high combined with its high alpha if you compare the other tier 9 heavies. Maybe lowering it to 1900-2000 Damage/Minute.

hehe you made my day , 303 gold penetration is great...  and armor is so great that you can't show your hull :teethhappy:  as for alpha, I disagree, that's distinctive feature of polish heavies and the only thing that is good about this tank

Edited by pincup, 04 August 2018 - 07:17 AM.

Soreh #13 Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10175 battles
It's outrageous what WG did with 7TP. All other vehicles were prototypes or plans, so we can leave credit of doubt about their equipment to their designers. But historical vehicle was basically mutilated, with no historical 37mm gun in sight, and trying to undermine the vehicle's history to mark it as nothing more than mere modification of Vickers 6-ton. Even top turret is just up-armoured Vickers turret, while original construction became stock!

Adam750 #14 Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31803 battles
  • [1BZ] 1BZ
Tell my why 7TP have not 37mm Bofors Gun . I came from Poland and my dream are play original 7TP with historican equipment , but I cant beacuce WG when working with polish tech tree was probably drunk.... I want 37mm Bofors with 45-50 penetration on 7TP and 40mm Bofors gun on 25TP with 100 penetration on normal bullet ( Luchs have 90mm penetration on 30mm gun) 

BaToN_1410 #15 Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5843 battles
  • [_-PL_] _-PL_
7TP - why the tank does not have 37 mm Bofors gun available?! why is it 4 men crew if it should be 3? Why the "top" turret is so weird and it is not the one it was historically? Why we can't have 7TP in its historical set up as top set up?

Grzesik97 #16 Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21716 battles

Koz23 #17 Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23166 battles

The 60TP has some weird modeling on it's turret. The roof is 50mm, and it should be overmatchable by guns that are above 150mm caliber, but just above the gun it has some spots that don't allow that. Well, at least that's what I found on tanks.gg and from experience bouncing and penning the roof tops.

Edited by Koz23, 04 August 2018 - 07:11 PM.

Andrasan89 #18 Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6795 battles

well...i must say that this time you managed to make those tanks just GREAT !

weakpoints, downsides, strong points, nothing OP and not UP ...just great !

THIS IS HOW ALL TANKS SHOULD LOOK !! THAT MEANS BALANCE !! HOPE YOU CAN LEARN FROM THIS AND BALANCE YOUR GAME ONCE FOR ALL !!

but still few questions...

1 st. 

is this cupola really 110 mm thick?? Because ingame i aimed it and pen indicator was YELLOW with 250mm pen on it...

Spoiler

so...whats the truth??

2 nd. 

can you explain finally how tracks on 279E are designed??

Are modeled with hitbox inside to act like a LFP and WEAKPOINT or not ??

Spoiler

if not what are weakpoints for this tank?? and you better create ones to balance it :sceptic:

Edited by Andrasan89, 04 August 2018 - 08:32 PM.

Darksoul79 #19 Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25431 battles

What have You done with 7TP? Where's the original gun? And have You ever seen any photos of that tank? I never really cared for polish techtree. All I ever wanted to see in WoT was 7TP even as a premium in some different line. What You gave us in PTS is not a 7TP. FIX IT

Ok , I know it's only Tier II , but that's the only tank I was waiting for. I'm not really interested in "fantasy tanks". Most of these tanks are "fantasy tanks" and You can't even accurately recreate the one that actually existed and fought in 1939? Shame on You.

onnem #20 Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13308 battles

I have been playing the 60TP on the test server; it's a solid and mostly balanced tank.

However i have found that the HE shells are a little too powerfull, i have played a game with only he shells and still did 3.6K dmg mainly on other heavy tanks.

I don't like the idea of another type 5 heavy in this game.

Could wargaming please have a look at maybe downtuning the HE shells on the 60TP?

Your's sincirely,

onnem

Also tagged with 1.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users