Personal Missions: Second Campaign

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Kayi4ek #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

WoT Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18225 battles

Commanders,

Please share your feedback regarding the Update 1.1 Common Test on this topic.

Thanks!

AppleMars #2 Posted 03 August 2018 - 03:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13432 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

In general, good job WG. PM are better organized and conceptualized in the second season (missions campaign). It is good that missions are cumulative, so the player can simply play his game and not to try hard with some expectations or restrictions like in the first season. I think that you should make them available also for tier 5 tanks, too.

I would like to see the possibility to use orders interchangeably in both campaigns, because a lot of people will get those faster in the second season so they can use them for missions with Obj 260. I know that many, many people are stuck with some missions in Obj 260.

Edited by AppleMars, 03 August 2018 - 03:46 PM.

Dr_Oolen #3 Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22273 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Awful restrictions, forcing people to play specific tanks of specific nations. I bet everyone will very much enjoy grinding 3 million worth of xp on tanks they would otherwise never even want to touch, just to be able to do some cancer missions, and then sell the tanks and never play them again.

Thuis001 #4 Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

I don't know if it's just me or not, but it seems kinda strange that for Union 15 for the Ex, you only need to get 1 first class mastery badge, whereas for the Alliance (both sound like factions in some kind of MMORPG in space XD) you need to do so 7 times.

Also, the excalibur still seems kind mweh to me due to a mweh gun, I would say, buff the pen to 171mm/239mm/38mm, and vr to 365-370 and it should be okay. Remember, this is a tank that will take effort, so it should be well worth said effort.

I took a second look trough the missions and found some that require you to play SPG's, Allies 14 for Ex., Allies 8 for Ex. Allies 6 for Chi, (sjeez whats up with allies and arty missions???) Union 12, Allies 14,  and some that are just stupidly difficult: Bloc 1 for the Chi, srsly 6k dmg in 1 battle???? that is just stupid, it's just a tier VIII tank half the dmg require to start with...  Allies 9 for Chi, tone this one down aswell, again way to much assist required, 5k? 3k is a lot already on any thing that isn't tier X. All of the -15 missions for the Chi seem a little too... Again, it's only a tier VIII tank.

Guard7309 #5 Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9526 battles
  • [KARMA] KARMA
Wargaming did some great things in the past, but the fact that this makes people grind a bit of spg to complete is just insulting to me, it really is. As if the spg missions in the campaign isn't enough. spg shouldn't be a part of the game to begin with. Also, in mission 15 on second tank for allies where you need to do 8k damage... just no, in my 9k battles with decent tier 9 and 10's played, I can only scrape to 7k mark, that mission requires luck to complete. Other than those two issues, personal missions seem to be fine to me. I prefer a grindy approach to these missions rather than the one off lucky battle that you need like in campaign missions.

Hoagen #6 Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18428 battles
  • [GLION] GLION
I think this new T10 reward Tank Obj 279 breaks the game even more than the Obj. 268 4 did.

Hoagen #7 Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18428 battles
  • [GLION] GLION

View PostHoagen, on 03 August 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

I think this new T10 reward Tank Obj 279 breaks the game even more than the Obj. 268 4 did.

GREAT.... I wrote like a really long detailed comment on how WG fucked up this one but hey everything exept THIS ^  made it on the post.......... 

necronDOW #8 Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18885 battles
  • [H-W-G] H-W-G

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Second Campaign. I am not a part of the public test, but I read this on several missions within the patch notes:
"Destroy an enemy vehicle / capture the base / defend the base (when playing for defenders in the in Assault mode)."

Does this mean that I will need to turn on assault mode to complete these missions or am I misunderstanding? The game mode is terrible, so many players have it turned off because it causes frustration and its just one big camp off for the defending side which makes it completely un-fun for the attackers. I understand that the mission specifies completion when "playing for defenders" but by turning the option on I will inevitably have to also be an attacked 50% of the time.

This particular aspect of the missions is enough to put me off completing them at all, and it seems like there is one of these specifications in all 4 of the Nation lines for the missions, so skipping a line isn't an option?

Is this Wargaming forcing players to engage with a game mode they clearly see is unpopular rather than just accepting that it's unbalanced and something they should address?

YOU COULDN'T PAY ME ENOUGH TO CHECK ASSAULT MODE ON.

Regards,

necronDOW

Edited by necronDOW, 04 August 2018 - 02:20 AM.

necronDOW #9 Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:18 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18885 battles
  • [H-W-G] H-W-G

I do also have some comments on the difficulty of the missions, namely the fact that operation 2 is actually harder than operation 3.

If you take the 15th mission for each nation line for example:

Union-15.2 asks: Cause, receive and block a total of 12000 hp of damage.

Union-15.3 asks: 1st class mastery in 3/10 battles.
Which sounds easier?

Bloc-15.2 asks: Cause 3000 hp of damage to enemy tank destroyers.
Bloc-15.3 asks: 1st class mastery in 3/10 battles.

Which sounds easier?

Alliance-15.2 asks: Cause 8000 hp of damage to enemy vehicles.

Alliance-15.3 asks: 1st class mastery in 3/10 battles.

Which sounds easier?

Coalition-15.2 asks: Damage caused and damage caused with your assistance must total 10000hp.

Coalition-15.3 asks: 1st class mastery in 3/10 battles.

Which sounds easier?

So we are now in a situation where the middle set is actually the hardest of the 3, yet you have to finish that set to reach the 3rd set?  Am I the only person who this doesn't make sense to?  Now I am not requesting that the 3rd set be made more difficult, in fact I would suggest that the 2nd set be made significantly easier.  All 4 of those conditions match up with completion conditions for the current campaign Object 260 TIER 10 tank, to give instead you a TIER 8 tank.  I have played 16000 battles and have never managed to do over 8000 damage in a battle, not even at tier 10 with the Grille 15.  I'm sorry but that is an absurd request to unlock a TIER 8 tank.

I would suggest you decrease the requirements to 75% of what you currently ask across ALL missions in the 2nd set, and adjust all missions in the 3rd set to be slightly more difficult to compensate for the fact that even at 75% of the current ask, the 2nd set will still be harder.

Oh and don't even get me started on that fact that all 15th missions require the assault game mode, for some extremely bizarre reason. Why? Just fix the game mode instead of forcing us to play it. It's clear that someone at Wargaming has looked at the numbers for standard, encounter and assault, realised that the assault is played far less and seems to have suggested the solution of forcing it upon us rather than fixing it. NO. ONE. WILL. PLAY. IT.

Thanks,

necronDOW

Hezs #10 Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:14 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26110 battles
Remove the arty missions! People have done their arty grinding for the First personal missions, don't force them to do it again with different nation!!!! 

Maxxym10 #11 Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9840 battles

View PostDr_Oolen, on 03 August 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

Awful restrictions, forcing people to play specific tanks of specific nations. I bet everyone will very much enjoy grinding 3 million worth of xp on tanks they would otherwise never even want to touch, just to be able to do some cancer missions, and then sell the tanks and never play them again.

Yep, totally agree. This is just to force you into playing nations you may have no interest in, wasting valuable playing time pursuing a line that you do not intend to use.

Total crap, WG.

View PostHezs, on 04 August 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Remove the arty missions! People have done their arty grinding for the First personal missions, don't force them to do it again with different nation!!!! 

Many people only playing arty EDIT because of missions, this means they must do it all again.

Total crap, WG.

View PostGuard7309, on 03 August 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

Also, in mission 15 on second tank for allies where you need to do 8k damage... just no, in my 9k battles with decent tier 9 and 10's played, I can only scrape to 7k mark, that mission requires luck to complete. Other than those two issues, personal missions seem to be fine to me. I prefer a grindy approach to these missions rather than the one off lucky battle that you need like in campaign missions.

Too many of the first missions required your team to contribute, in pubs that can be pretty hard to achieve. I must have tried one of the spotting missions 20 times with no luck then got it with almost 3 times required spot damage because it was the right map with the right team. Missions that depend on the team are really, really, bad.

Edited by Kampa1987, 07 September 2018 - 03:42 PM.
Insults

Todeskult #12 Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33460 battles
  • [TD_T] TD_T

Just need a clear statement: does the old (current) personal missions stays? There are still pleeeeeenty of players grinding through them (including me).

View PostMaxxym10, on 04 August 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Missions that depend on the team are really, really, bad.

That's why they are called "Personal Missions". :trollface: Wargaming logic...

Homer_J #13 Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29674 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostnecronDOW, on 04 August 2018 - 01:55 AM, said:

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Second Campaign. I am not a part of the public test, but I read this on several missions within the patch notes:
"Destroy an enemy vehicle / capture the base / defend the base (when playing for defenders in the in Assault mode)."

That's not how I read it.  To me the / means or.

So it's destroy an enemy vehicle in normal mode, or capture the enemy base, or defend the base when defending an assault mode.

Clumsily worded but that's WG for you, it will probably have been translated from Russian into French, into German into English.

Koz23 #14 Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23119 battles

Funny note here, on the Chimera's 15th mission for the Union set is says  "Cause, receive, and Bloc a total of 12,000 damage."

Also, I've posted this on the bug thread, but I'll post it here as well.

I've recruited 2 out of 4 girls through the second campaign with the orders we received, but they are nowhere to be found. Like.. they're completely gone, not even in the barracks. They don't exist, because even if I recruit another one from the same nation, I get the same option for the person, as in the same model(face) and name.

Marynarz_323 #15 Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14233 battles
  • [N0MI] N0MI
Same... female crew members when recruited are not showing up anywhere.

Berto72 #16 Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 59763 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

For mission 1.0 i grind 1 arty that hate and 1 light that play very few to complete call missions....

Mission 2.0 force not only to grind and play class that you dont like,

but force to do it for more nation!

I will not grind more arties or light for each block of nations just to complete missions, keep your awards and bye

DaSpood #17 Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [R-U] R-U

After the first campaign I kept 1 single artillery and sold every other I had just in case newer missions required it.

I am not willing to spend 12 millions credits to buy back tanks I despise playing. And I refuse to start grinding Light Tanks which are terrible in the current meta.

The concept of grouping missions by nation instead of by class is good, ONLY IF YOU DO NOT ALSO HAVE CLASS REQUIREMENTS. Do either of them but not both at the same time ! The grind requirements are just ridiculous, all of that for tanks that by the way are rewards and not premiums, they wont make up for all the credits spent in new tanks you didnt even want to play.

Also I heard about a "do 8k damages" mission for the Chimera ? 

This is TD'15 FOR THE OBJECT 260 !!

DONT MAKE THE REQUIREMENT FOR A TIER 8 REWARD TANK THE SAME AS THE ONES FOR A TIER 10 OP SOVIET TANK ! 

So imo : 

-remove class dependant missions and espexialy arty missions

-either creatly lower the difficulty of these missions or make the reward tanks actual premium tanks with the credit bonus that comes with it. This campaign is harder than the last one, gives one less tank and requires much more xp and credit investment...

-did you even try those missions before validating them ? I hardly believe you did. Otherwise we wouldnt have such impossible missions for such low rewards. TEST YOUR OWN DAMNED GAME YOU INCOMPETENT APES

SiliconSidewinder #18 Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27882 battles

can I read up on the planed mechanic somewhere?

I don't have any sort of reasonable internet at the moment and downloading a test client is a definet no go right now.

DaSpood #19 Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22054 battles
  • [R-U] R-U
I'd like it if someone could post every mission requirement in the new campaign. Unable to play right now, so cant really take a look for myself and have to base my judgment on other people's feedback.

Homer_J #20 Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29674 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDaSpood, on 05 August 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

I'd like it if someone could post every mission requirement in the new campaign. Unable to play right now, so cant really take a look for myself and have to base my judgment on other people's feedback.

They are all listed on the portal here.

Also tagged with 1.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users