Bushes and Camos

Bush Camo Trees WG

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Bush/Tree camouflage (22 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think WG does a good job in addressing and fixing bush/tree camo problems

1. Yes. (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

2. No. (18 votes [81.82%])

Percentage of vote: 81.82%

Vote Hide poll

Procjon #1 Posted 02 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55421 battles

How long do we have to wait to have those stupid bushes, trees fixed? i can stand 40 meter behind a bush in TD with full camo crew, camo net and yet to be spotted after a shot. Double bush might help some say...nah, not in all 2x bushes. I started knocking down any tree available as i'm not sure if this time this bush i stand behind will work or not. 

There is a real problem with consistency how bushes give camo. Same with trees, Paris map - one tiny tree can give a total camo to any tank that stands behind it. It's like me holding a bucket of flowers and voila, i'm invisible, joke. What next? a special mission to remember which bush and tree work and which don't so the WG can give you 1 day of premium account? :facepalm:

edit.1

I see that negative change in bush/tree camo since an introduction of 1.0, bushes that i used to have no problem to sit and shoot from now i have to adjust my position of tanks.

HF

Edited by Procjon, 02 August 2018 - 08:29 PM.

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11023 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
I'd rather see they fix hitboxes first.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66239 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

In random games, there are too many variables to prove it's the bush that's at fault, or the camo system. For all you know one of your spot dots was not in cover of the bush 100%. Or there is a light closer then you think keeping you spotted on the side each time you fired. Next time ask for the replay from one of the enemy players. If that shows someone you never knew was close to you. Problem solved. If not, then test it.

Test the exact same bush in a training room that you were 40m behind. As then you know where the only enemy sight line is. And if you get spotted then. You have a case. As that's how the bush on airfield got fixed. Someone proved it was broken in a controlled environment. And it got patched since the topic got popular rather fast. 

Because so far since patch 1.0... Topics like these are just poinint at the camo system or bushes in general. Not proving much. As if the system was that bad, we would notice it more I suspect. And the few times I've seen odd stuff like that. An enemy replay has proven me wrong rather fast. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 August 2018 - 08:17 PM.

Jumping_TurtIe #4 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6237 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Rather have them fix the no sound on hit first

Procjon #5 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55421 battles

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 02 August 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

I'd rather see they fix hitboxes first.

So create separate topic and poll ..let's show WG what players think about their quality of dealing with fixing issues.

HF

arthurwellsley #6 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51721 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I suspect it's more to do with respective tank heights but without replays who knows;

environmentCamo
You can use the different objects on the map to provide additional cover. Solid objects like terrain elevations, rocks, houses, or other static objects on the map cannot be seen through and thus always provide 100% camouflage, i.e. you will not be spotted. But also half-transparent objects like bushes or trees (up or felled) provide a camouflage bonus up to 64%, depending on the density of the object. A full list can be found here.
As soon as you fire your gun, the camouflage bonus provided by transparent objects in a 15m radius around your tank is reduced to 30% of the original value. Objects furter away are unaffected.

Environment camouflage bonuses stack, but special rules apply when firing your gun: In the illustration to the right, each bush provides the same environment camouflage bonus X. Since these bonuses stack, tank 1 has an environmentCamo value of 3 * X. However, as soon as tank 1 fires its gun, the environment bonuses within the 15m radius no longer stack. Instead, only the bonus from the bush with the highest camouflage bonus is taken into account. In addition, the bonus from that bush is reduced to 30% of its original value, so 0.3 * X. Bonuses from environment outside of the 15m radius stack as usual. Thus, while firing tank 1 has an environment camouflage bonus of 0.3 * X + X = 1.3 * X. Note that environment bonuses get reduced only for the tank that fired - other tanks in the vicinity do not get penalized[1][2]

No camouflage bonus is provided by:

Player tanks (dead or alive) Grass Downloadable camouflage skins (as opposed to the camouflage patterns you buy for gold or rent for credits) Anything else

Note that your tank does not need to be fully hidden to take advantage of an environment camouflage bonus, the environment only needs to cover all of your visibility checkpoints in the direction of the spotting tank's view range ports for the bonus to apply.

Procjon #7 Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55421 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 02 August 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

In random games, there are too many variables to prove it's the bush that's at fault, or the camo system. For all you know one of your spot dots was not in cover of the bush 100%. Or there is a light closer then you think keeping you spotted on the side each time you fired. Next time ask for the replay from one of the enemy players. If that shows someone you never knew was close to you. Problem solved. If not, then test it.

Test the exact same bush in a training room that you were 40m behind. As then you know where the only enemy sight line is. And if you get spotted then. You have a case. As that's how the bush on airfield got fixed. Someone proved it was broken in a controlled environment. And it got patched since the topic got popular rather fast. 

Because so far since patch 1.0... Topics like these are just poinint at the camo system or bushes in general. Not proving much. As if the system was that bad, we would notice it more I suspect. And the few times I've seen odd stuff like that. An enemy replay has proven me wrong rather fast. 

You act like that bush/tree camo problem appeared today, TODAY...only because you didn't notice it doesn't mean the issue is not real.

And when i talk about bush not giving camo i don't mean - maybe scout was close or i didn't cover my tank, or i didn't moved back so the bush is still transparent to my view, or maybe enemy was too close and on and on. I really know how to hide paper armor TD.

Before posting please at least check that tiny tree on Paris map, K5. That's perfect example.

HF

Baldrickk #8 Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Can someone do a training room with me to test some bushes?  you'll have to point out which ones, as I haven't found any that don't work as described myself.

Procjon #9 Posted 03 August 2018 - 01:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 55421 battles

View PostBaldrickk, on 02 August 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Can someone do a training room with me to test some bushes?  you'll have to point out which ones, as I haven't found any that don't work as described myself.

Give me some time to create a list of them so we can do test on all of them at once :)

I find bushes that even though i move back my tank so the view in sniping mode is not transparent the 6th sense kicks in once i shoot. Before 1.0 i was doing exactly the same and never had a problem with being spotted after a shot.

HF

Edited by Procjon, 03 August 2018 - 01:49 AM.

tankqull #10 Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20924 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-

bushes are currently rediculous you cant rely on wat is beeing displayed:

bushes outer parts just disapear when getting closer...

Edited by tankqull, 04 August 2018 - 06:49 PM.

CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:15 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37598 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostProcjon, on 03 August 2018 - 01:45 AM, said:

Give me some time to create a list of them so we can do test on all of them at once :)

I find bushes that even though i move back my tank so the view in sniping mode is not transparent the 6th sense kicks in once i shoot. Before 1.0 i was doing exactly the same and never had a problem with being spotted after a shot.

HF

I get that as well but always assume it's because I didn't move back far enough or the Type 5 driver has awesome view range.

Baldrickk #12 Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View Posttankqull, on 04 August 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

bushes are currently rediculous you cant rely on wat is beeing displayed:

bushes outer parts just disapear when getting closer...

It's switching from the low res model to the high res one

Laiskamato #13 Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45865 battles
  • [KYS] KYS

Are they even working on this?

I mean took them 4 patches to realize there was sound bug when you got hit in 3rd person view.

I wonder if this game will ever get out of Beta state?

By the looks of it... never.

Also tagged with Bush, Camo, Trees, WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users