Suggestions developers attention reviving the game

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Marybanks #1 Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24521 battles
  • [12-R] 12-R

It has been said that the game is about to die.

I might have wrote about this elsewhere, but my dream of how world of tanks should be, is as follows:

1) The premium-ammo spamming

Limited use of premium ammo, (-maybe solved by either make it cost gold, bought for money again, or simply just limit it, on all tanks, so no one can chose more premium shells, that what was actually available on it, during ww2, or when ever the tanks origins were). I know you on Wargaming only think on earning money, and getting a profit, and therefor, it's most unlikely for you to change this feature. BUT, there are two things I have noticed as a player, or one thing I've noticed and one thing I have been thinking about lately. 1) if even players in your own lines and rows complain of being hit by a premium-shell, wouldn't it be a sign to change it? 2)Over the past years, fewer players have been playing the game. And well, isn't the most important thing, to make as many happy as possible? I think if this aspect/mechanic/ feature got changed back to what it was, that maybe would bring some players back to the game and maybe potentially also over time, buying things in your stores, and so on.

2) Gameplay based on teamwork
More focus on the team-aspect of the game, encouraging players to actually think, use their minds, and ache towards a more team-based gameplay (i.e as wrote elsewhere, extra XP, and not just a few hundreds, but maybe thousands of XP, for being a teamplayer, uflipping flipped allies, Help allies out, by tracking, spotting and distracting oponents, going along with allies when they engage an "enemy". One tank, can't focus on more than one gun at the same time. Also, encourage heavy-tank players to play their tank as it's meant to be played. To the frontlines, in hull-down posistions, angled towards solid obstacles, coordinating the fire. Things like that, rewarded with bigger amounts of XP, as that is what players are longing for.

3) More dynamic and flexible gameplay in general
As for the gameplay, I dream of players, well, have a plan with the game, and their gameplay, fine, but not more than it's possible to adjust the plan to the team's gameplay. (Still working on it myself) So it's not one "mastermind", and three of this type, arguing in the battlechat of what is right. 13-15 tanks on a team, 13-15 potential heads behind the screens, and minds thinking, trying to learn and have attention. Another thing I could wish for would be changed about the general gameplay of the playerbase, is the flexible and dynamic gameplay, as in more than one spot on each side of the maps, can work out. What to do, if someone on the team pushes you out, of your favorite position? Most would probably sort of panic and focus like another child, fighting on a location on the map, wasting battletime and shots, most likely as well, because of a silly position, than go think; 'ok, this one couldn't do, then maybe this or that spot could work out in stead', and that this player-type actually took into account, the played tank, the challenges, position #2 and #3, might could involve, and played to it.

4) The social basis.
To me, the whole social aspect of the game is important. I have had my best games, in battles where all 13-15 got to work together, and have also in the other end seen what teamwork contra competition does of an impact. It means very much to me, that I could have got to help out, for the victory. What also means something to me, is that players can learn to work out with artillery. Keep it alive, as in having an eye of the minimap, and see, "ooh, arty is threadened, better deal with it" that players help eachother out, and work together. (Have in my defeat battles mostly lost, because the only thing my allies had in mind, was their own amount of damage dealt, and kills earned.) I know it's valued in the game, but the thing is, it leads to a very selfish gameplay. Some have asked for skill-based matchmaking. I sort of feel when I play, that we already have it. And my fears of the consequences for those less skilled and experienced, pays the price. Which is to stuck in a specific and certain level of battles, and won't be able to climb the ladders and get better. -I don't play this game to be carried, nor to carry it all myself. I started playing this game, actually for the social aspect of the game more than tanks, stats and anything else.

5) Chat-toxicity
The toxicity in the battle chats in-game have become more aggressive, salty and raging over the years. Some players have stopped playing this game, for the very same reason. In order to change it, so it will be nicer and more fun to play this game, I dream of an encouragement to a nicer tone and tongue used in the battle chat, and again, the cross-battle chat getting back into the game. Sure, it will be abused, but several aspects and features of this game has been already. When you get blinded on the road you look down to the opposite side of the light-source. By that means, look away from the frustrating and abusing "this silly fool is here and there on the map" lines, but more focus on: "oh hello friend on the other team" or "Ok, nice shot!" "Or well fought, well played, nice try" things like that in stead. I, as a player is more impressed by opponents knowing weakspots and using their standard free ammonition type, in stead of spamming premium ammo.

6)Constant nerf/buffinf of tanks.
Over the years, I have noticed it have been the same time after time after time. Nerf this tank, buff this. In my eyes, stop it! This discussion of tanks being "OP" will never end. Get the tanks back to their original state, bring some weakspots on the so-called Super-heavies, (maybe make the commander's hatch on the VK 100.01(P) more of a weakspot being penetrable with regular standard ammo from tier 8s at least and op, lower tiers HE-shells. Get weskspots on the Chrystler, and the Japanese heavies, if that can prevent players from spamming premium ammo. (It isn't "gold ammo" anymore, since it's not payed with gold alone)

7) Out with XVM
Several things have been tipping the game out of balance. But one of the things tipping it even more, is the XVM-scale. Earlier, you had a look on modifications giving the players using it, an ufair advantage. I would definitely say the XVM-scale is in to this category as well. It rewards those with high stats, color-labels them in blue-ish and purple shades, but something else happens here as well. The stats of these players, getting this reward, have far too often, been seen, -at least from my perspective, acting like spoiled brats, thinking that they didn't need to think of the basics, -such as finding cover on the maps in battles where artillery was in play, or keep moving for that matter, thinking in the other end that they got hit because of their stats, when in some cases at least, all those players should do, was to find a more safe place on the map, where artillery couldn't hit them. The stats, measured in this scale have also made players think that they to chat/talk and treat other players like they pleased. If it suited those players with good stats, to be snobby, aggressive or acting right out spoken like an [edited]-hole, that have been what the player have done. Calling new players morons, told them to uninstall, called the newer less skilled players all such of nick-names. Not saying with all this, that it's something you should do something to alone, dear developers at Wargaming, I have the idea that us as players, have just as big a responsibilly to do some of the changes ourselves. But I am saying that we might need some help and guidance, encouragements in form of XP-bonuses, a system allowing players to reward eachother, and compliment eachother in chat in stead, and again XP-bonuses for being a teamplayer on the battlefields, rather than a camping coward, (mostly heavy tank-players, some mediums and light tank players in particular) having the illusion that they are to carry it all, when their allies have fallen, and they, themselves, (the camping ones) have thrown away also any chance of help and support, and it turns out they're not as "OP" as they might have thought.

8) Less rigid target priority order in the battles in the Boot-Camp mode

The few times I have tried out the Boot-camp mode after it got introduced to the game, I had a very hard time, winning battles if I didn't get to this specific position or destroyed the enemy tanks in that specific priority order.
Then it's better and more forgivable, for the new player to just get into the random battle and learn by do, as in a random battle there is after all 12-14 other tier 1's, also just starting in some manner and by working together here, it doesn't matter when which opponent is killed/destroyed. Where the Boot-camp is fine, is in the first bits of it. But I could wish for an extension of the training part, in the aspects, and a more forgivable target-priority order in the battles. (The experience have been in the battle on Ruinberg and Mines maps, in the boot-camp) What I could wish for, is also when it comes to for example playing the heavy tanks, playing the artillery or playing more advanced lights, or even tankdestroyers. So that new players will be introduced to, ok, I play this class, it is this and that role I have, this is expected, these are my options and limits, for instance)

9) Options for entering training rooms alone, and training with bots 
Another feature I could dream of in future "World of tanks" would be to be able to enter training rooms on your own. As in, without needing your friends. The idea with this would be to train positions, with mediums and lights in particular, to see where you can reach from which positions in artillery perhaps, and how to position, angle, sidescrape and hull-down, in heavytanks. Also if things have went wrong on the battlefields, then the option of practice, where did it go wrong, what could/should have been different. Another thing, I could wish for with these training rooms alone entering options, is to practice ideas and theories on weakspots. Where and how to hit a certain tank, in different positions, from different angles and maybe with different ammuntion types. (For example HE shells in stead of premium shells)

10) Extend the maximum capacity of contact's on the friend's list, and seperate this, from the balcklist

Several times, I have experienced that my friend's list in-game have been full, and I have had several others, applying of my in-game friendship. I know for a fact, that other players, have had the same experience. 300 contacts on the friend's list, is simply just not enough to make available, for players. It might be needing thousands of positions/spots available, if not even more.

10a) Extend the server-capacity

Speaking of the capacities extended, it would be great if the servers had more capacity, to room a big amount of players, who all of a sudden logs on to the game to get some (in my view) silly missions done, just in the last hour. Missions, can be a fine way helping players and giving them something to go for, but most the time, the missions have been of a far too short amount of time, -at least for me to get them done in time. I can already now, hear a lot of arguments, but things aren't that easy, if you have a life besides the game, only get to play in certain spaces of time during the day, and time and time again is outraced and beated, by others hunting the same goals as you do.

An 11th wish and dream, is that the game will be in the future, so that big names; famous player or just a private crowd player, it wouldn't make any difference. No targeting, no follow along and then freeze, or what ever. Maybe only having the option of the tank-names available in-game, so player's name won't distract. This is most to the player-base I know. But it is a thing that will take a long time to change.

Edited by Marybanks, 03 August 2018 - 09:59 PM.

bring_the_rain1 #2 Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24928 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP

View PostMarybanks, on 03 August 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

It has been said that the game is about to die.

I might have wrote about this elsewhere, but my dream of how world of tanks should be, is as follows:

1) The premium-ammo spamming

Limited use of premium ammo, (-maybe solved by either make it cost gold, bought for money again, or simply just limit it, on all tanks, so no one can chose more premium shells, that what was actually available on it, during ww2, or when ever the tanks origins were). I know you on Wargaming only think on earning money, and getting a profit, and therefor, it's most unlikely for you to change this feature. BUT, there are two things I have noticed as a player, or one thing I've noticed and one thing I have been thinking about lately. 1) if even players in your own lines and rows complain of being hit by a premium-shell, wouldn't it be a sign to change it? 2)Over the past years, fewer players have been playing the game. And well, isn't the most important thing, to make as many happy as possible? I think if this aspect/mechanic/ feature got changed back to what it was, that maybe would bring some players back to the game and maybe potentially also over time, buying things in your stores, and so on.

Well, on each battle where best player had considerable more amount of xp from damage was the one spamming pay2win ammo. Over 25k battles and dont remember single exception from that rule. If u want to have good wn8 u need to have pay2win ammo, thats why people use that name - because its true and nothing will change it.

If i use gold then my battles are alot more "fun" too (at least to me) and alot better, but i know its not my skill, just better ammo. For most players, if regular sheel cost 1k and premium 4,8k, it can be very well 48k or 480k, they dont have that amounts of credits because game economy is designed that way on purpose. How many people can play with full rack of p2w ammo without spending considerable amount of gold - there is no one. We would need to start from there first. L8r make fixed % amount of each ammo type each tank can have like 10% of premium ammo tops. This will fix it.

Edited by bring_the_rain1, 05 August 2018 - 03:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users