Is there a mod to get Buffon to shut up?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tyfe #1 Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49288 battles
  • [G_OF] G_OF

Is there a mod to get Buffon to either shut up, or switch his voice to the regular crew voices? Some people might absolutely love his voice, but personally it gets on my nerves, and I do prefer to understand what my commander is saying.

Cheers!

Gufo_Tave #2 Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20135 battles

View PostTyfe, on 04 August 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Is there a mod to get Buffon to either shut up, or switch his voice to the regular crew voices? Some people might absolutely love his voice, but personally it gets on my nerves, and I do prefer to understand what my commander is saying.

Cheers!

Unfortunately i understand what Buffon is saying on my P43... but speaking Italian, i must say that his dubbing is horrible, and i would gladly switch to "standard" italian voices

Dado_Ze #3 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 72249 battles
  • [-TWO-] -TWO-

I'm not sure is it doable this way but give it a try, if it's not working just remove it from res_mods.

1st option: (simplest way)

Open with 7zip or similar software World_of_Tanks\res\packages\audioww-part2.pkg

extract the ..\audioww\italy\voiceover.bnk to World_of_Tanks\res_mods\[game ver.]\audioww\buffon\voiceover.bnk

2nd option:

Extract from World_of_Tanks\res\packages\gui.pkg ..\gui\soundModes\main_sound_modes.xml to

World_of_Tanks\res_mods\[game ver.]\gui\soundModes\main_sound_modes.xml

Unpack/decompile the extracted xml with PjOrion and edit the xml with notepad++ ( search for "buffon" )

I'm not sure how to properly edit it, but a bit of experimenting will not harm :)

3th option:

Try this mod http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/563633-

Edited by Dado_Ze, 05 August 2018 - 01:25 PM.

Gremlin182 #4 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46634 battles

Yes its very annoying maybe he had it in his contract with WG to use his voice cannot be set to English.

Never understood the appeal of having my crew speak a language I don't, though would be fine if there was an ALLO  ALLO mod

Tyfe #5 Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49288 battles
  • [G_OF] G_OF

Thank you for the rapid replies. I will give it a go tomorrow, since I am completely exhausted today.

Also - an 'Allo 'Allo.mod would be absolutely spectacular - especially if there were several mentions to " a little tank".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users