• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Element6 #41 Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBora_BOOM, on 04 August 2018 - 08:34 PM, said:

The old me would not hasitate that much, would probably buy at least two of them, but not any more.

The old me bought a lot of versions of both Gran Turismo and Forza over the years, because I love racing games like that. Despite this, and without ever having had a bad experience with either of the titles I have bought, I have not played any of them in 7-8 years.

Even if all experience with one thing are positive, we still change over time and drift away from it and closer to another thing.

2 cents.

Bora_BOOM #42 Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22656 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 04 August 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

The old me bought a lot of versions of both Gran Turismo and Forza over the years, because I love racing games like that. Despite this, and without ever having had a bad experience with either of the titles I have bought, I have not played any of them in 7-8 years.

Even if all experience with one thing are positive, we still change over time and drift away from it and closer to another thing.

2 cents.

I wish... WoT is the only game I have played for last 3-4 years. Installed Assassin Creed. Lasted for a week. Tanks are my gaming passion and at the moment I can't see that I might be playing anything else. It's great fun but still I miss that small nudge to keep spending on it.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 04 August 2018 - 09:09 PM.

arthurwellsley #43 Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:24 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51740 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Bought Progetto last few mission tokens. Bought 50TP. Nothing much else has tickled my fancy, but I will buy whatever I feel like buying. All the pixels that you rent from WG are completely trivial in cost compared to the rental period.

NoobySkooby #44 Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 13026 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postarthurwellsley, on 04 August 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

Bought Progetto last few mission tokens. Bought 50TP. Nothing much else has tickled my fancy, but I will buy whatever I feel like buying. All the pixels that you rent from WG are completely trivial in cost compared to the rental period.

What are your thoughts on the Progetto? i have resisted buying that tank, and it is wearing thin, my resistance totally failed me on the 50TP, to my horrible regret, i must do something to get stronger will power.

arthurwellsley #45 Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51740 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostNoobySkooby, on 04 August 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

What are your thoughts on the Progetto? i have resisted buying that tank, and it is wearing thin, my resistance totally failed me on the 50TP, to my horrible regret, i must do something to get stronger will power.

Progetto proved to be absolutely fantastic in FL. Playing it in randoms I have done less well. However I have recently got the tech tree Pantera, which I am doing well in, and so I am hoping that the gameplay I manage in the Pantera will rub off onto my gameplay moves in the Progetto. Early days for both. Getting the loading and reloading right is the key. In FL the maps were very kind to the Progetto, some of the pub maps are less so. It was a good crew trainer for my Italian crew. The Progetto being a paper medium does not really fit the current game meta. But the gun handling is so far superior to premiums such as the CDC and the Mutz that it power creeps them to hell. The more interesting comparison is the Lorraine 40T which was my second go to tank in FL. Again I did very well in it in FL, and I do less well in it in randoms. But my girl bat chat crew trains in the Lorraine and is almost at 6th perk.

In random pubs the Lorraine has worse gun handling than the Progetto, but has the four shell drum to unload. My crew in the Lorraine has more perks than my Progetto crew, and subjectively the Lorraine feels faster and more agile, although only by a tiny margin (I think this is due to perks on the crew). Neither have any armour to speak of. The two are pretty similar in my hands, and I just about prefer the Progetto. Although I am having more fun in the Pantera, which feels as if the gun depression is more useably but actually is only 8 degrees whereas the Progetto is 9 degrees. Progetto also has 10 metres more view range than the other two, at 390 which is actually meaningful for a paper tank, and I sometimes use view range/camo when low on health late on, or map/team dependent a bit of early sniping. I have optics on all three.

If you want to go up the Italian line it's a decent crew trainer.

In FL it really shines.

Playing Progetto and Lorraine I usually end as captain/major in FL and do not often need a third tank.

Wintermute_1 #46 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44219 battles
#NOTHINGWORTHBUYING

Hellraiser0201 #47 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:45 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23411 battles

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 04 August 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

Bold and enlarged part...

Your overall WR is in the top 1% of the entire playerbase. Your overall WN8 is in the top 0.1%, yet......it just isn't enought is it? You say you care for your performance, what performance is it that you think you are missing out on, and what mechanics/issues are there in the game that prevents you from obtaining the performance you think you should have, in order to have more fun?

Last bolded part...are you bloody serious? Impossible to win? What kind of world view do you adhere to actually? You win much more than most other WoT players, yet in your eyes it is impossible to win. Come on dude, it is so damn apparent that you have lost all sensible connection with reality.

Get a friggin grip.

Troll me some more ;)

Hedgehog1963 #48 Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:31 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51282 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostHellraiser0201, on 04 August 2018 - 07:00 PM, said:

Having placed as bottom tier all the time with hopeless teams and noob top tiers is a nightmare and impossible to win or even deal damage because your teammates die in the first minute and you lose 15-0. GG... pure cancer.

Now it really is a piece of crap and i don't even want to play a single battle anymore.

So what you're saying is you couldn't find teams to carry you anymore, so you quit?

Edited by Hedgehog1963, 05 August 2018 - 06:33 AM.

Homer_J #49 Posted 05 August 2018 - 07:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMr_Burrows, on 04 August 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

You are correct. But the change was even so suggested, and it still sucked. Because of.. tadaa... "slow matchmaked is because of PMM tanks"-lie. So they wanted to change them for cash (gold is cash) and keep the pref mm? Makes no sense other than to WG.

It still amazes me that people seem to have no idea what WG were trying to do or how they had suggested they were thinking of going about it.  Stop listening to 3rd rate youtubers desperate for views and try reading the information that WG put out instead.

They wanted to get rid of the ridiculous idea of preferential mm, which was initially done for a few tanks because they were difficult to balance in the regular mm but later used as a sales gimmick.  I don't really buy the excuse that they break the matchmaker but IMO preferential mm was a bad idea and it would have been good if they could fix it for that reason alone.  They offered to buff the tanks and if you still weren't happy then swap them for another tank of your choice for a sum of gold somewhere between 0 and 3k.  Nobody even had a firm figure on it yet certain people kicked off big style believing this false claim they were going to be forced to pay.

I don't like 3-5-7, I didn't like it before it arrived and it's good to be able to say "told you so".  But it's not a game killer.

Sound bug, seems to affect a small number of people still.  I have not had it since the back end of last year though.  But I have first hand knowledge of how hard it can be to fix an issue when you are relying on a 3rd party to fix their software.  It would however be nice to see the slow loading from HDD fixed, it's quite ridiculous that I have to run the game from a USB connected SSD in order to get in before the countdown has finished.  And even that doesn't work on one map.

Powercreep is entirely the fault of the playerbase who moan about every balanced tank WG try to release.  When I say playerbase I suspect this originates with a few personalities who have a cult following and seem to have an intense dislike for the game which they themselves have made a lot of money out of over the years.

NoobySkooby #50 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 13026 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
Thank you Arthur, nice constructive review of the tanks, if it does come back my wallet,if my conscience lets me,  may spring open.

Element6 #51 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29305 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBora_BOOM, on 04 August 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

I wish... WoT is the only game I have played for last 3-4 years. Installed Assassin Creed. Lasted for a week. Tanks are my gaming passion and at the moment I can't see that I might be playing anything else. It's great fun but still I miss that small nudge to keep spending on it.

Must admit that WoT has been the main game for me too for the past 5+ years, though I have played other titles too, mostly relatively short story driven adventure/puzzle games like Inside and Homesick. I think the trick is to not try and replace WoT but rather take some of the time you spend on it and use it for other games to get some kind of variation. I think it is a daunting task to try and find a complete replacement for WoT, so I don't really try to do that because I doubt it will actually happen.

My WoT time is like a rollercoaster since it doesn't get top priority, if something else comes along that is interesting I cut back on WoT a bit to give room for something else, like the past month has been a bit slow for me since I've been planning the 2 week camping trip and also bought a lot of extra stuff for my camera to play around with, coupled with all the nice weather. 

View PostHellraiser0201, on 05 August 2018 - 01:45 AM, said:

Troll me some more ;)

No need, forumites in general troll themselves just fine :P

Cobra6 #52 Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:38 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

As the creator of the line it looks like my effort to get the #WalletClosed statement embedded into the EU playerbase has actually worked, seeing it more and more often used.

Nice!

Cobra 6

Mr_Burrows #53 Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45100 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 August 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

It still amazes me that people seem to have no idea what WG were trying to do or how they had suggested they were thinking of going about it.  Stop listening to 3rd rate youtubers desperate for views and try reading the information that WG put out instead.

They wanted to get rid of the ridiculous idea of preferential mm, which was initially done for a few tanks because they were difficult to balance in the regular mm but later used as a sales gimmick.  I don't really buy the excuse that they break the matchmaker but IMO preferential mm was a bad idea and it would have been good if they could fix it for that reason alone.  They offered to buff the tanks and if you still weren't happy then swap them for another tank of your choice for a sum of gold somewhere between 0 and 3k.  Nobody even had a firm figure on it yet certain people kicked off big style believing this false claim they were going to be forced to pay.

I don't like 3-5-7, I didn't like it before it arrived and it's good to be able to say "told you so".  But it's not a game killer.

Sound bug, seems to affect a small number of people still.  I have not had it since the back end of last year though.  But I have first hand knowledge of how hard it can be to fix an issue when you are relying on a 3rd party to fix their software.  It would however be nice to see the slow loading from HDD fixed, it's quite ridiculous that I have to run the game from a USB connected SSD in order to get in before the countdown has finished.  And even that doesn't work on one map.

Powercreep is entirely the fault of the playerbase who moan about every balanced tank WG try to release.  When I say playerbase I suspect this originates with a few personalities who have a cult following and seem to have an intense dislike for the game which they themselves have made a lot of money out of over the years.

And it still amazes me that people do not see WG for what it has become: All about the money, not about the game. 

PMM tanks: "We want to remove them, and we plan on doing so by buffing tanks and the charge you gold, if you want the buffed tanks. Because it messes up MM. But we will not remove them from the game, so they can remain and still mess up the MM." 

Somewhere around this point I had it with WG. I believe in logic. WG is not about logic, unless you factor in "we wantz all yer moneyz" into the equation. If you do, then it makes perfect sense. 

I guess I am a bit frustrated playing this since jan 2012, and having seen the slow derailment of the game over the years. 

Powercreep is not to the playerbase´s fault, and I do not understand how you can think so? I think nobody demands the introduction of new OP tanks? No, I really do not think so. Do not most just wish for new, competitive tanks? There is a huge diff here. So I think powercreep It is solely the devs/owners doing, and it has to do with one simple thing only. Again: Money. 

Powercreeping the old tank lines force the players to get new ones or be left in the dust with some subpar tank from 2017. Getting the new stuff costs XP, and what is easier than to just convert some and be done with the grind? Yeah. Money.

Then, ofc, after introducing the new and totally OP tanks, and enough people have spent enough money on them, WG nerf them a few patches later, to "balance" them. Yeah, as if supertest had not already shown that they were OP as frak, and as if WG did not know they would OP from the start. 

(I really think people give WG way to much cred for being "stupid", though. They are very clever, they know every single move and do almost everything they can to get people to spend gold. Gold, gold, gold.) Since 1.0 there is always an "ad" in my garage, with some tank being on sale. I think this sort of proves my point regarding "gold gold gold"? )

And powercreeping then nerfing seems to happen every time as of late. Last time it did not happen was with the Swede line, where Kranvagn instead got nerfed before introduction and so bad that you hardly see any of them in battle nowadays. I guess that was a good thing instead, but I also think that WG learnt from their mistake back then. They did not make enough money on the Swede line, and they will not nerf before introduction ever again. 

(Here I will not insert a rant about Soviet bias, because Soviet bias is the fulcrum which the game revolves around and  it is pointless pointing it out for the omfthteenth time on the forums. Besides, it is free to research any tech tree. As a hint to new players: Reseach the Soviet one first, as there is where most OP tanks reside.) 

And yet people keep paying. :confused:

I do not get it. And I have had it. I cannot convince anybody else not to spend money on this game, but atm I am so done paying. I do not mind playing but for now my wallet really is closed. This because I firmly believe that the WG greed has gone too far, and has become way too blatantly clear. 

Homer_J #54 Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMr_Burrows, on 05 August 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

I believe in logic. WG is not about logic, 

When was it ever?  It's had a long history of saying one thing one week and then doing the exact opposite a week later.

From we do not need tier X meds and TDs ..... here's tier X TDs and meds.  And light tanks don't need to progress beyond tier 4 ... 5 ... 8 .... 10

Chinese tanks for Chinese server only..... and the other servers.  Chinese TDs absolutely certainly definitely CN exclusive, don't even ask for them on any other server ... then they appear on the other servers.

Then there was the now introduced Maus line, initially cancelled as they could not any way balance such heavy armour at tier 8, then the very next line to be introduced was the Japanese heavy line with such heavy armour right down to tier 6.

And there was not enough tanks of other nations to make individual trees, we are working on a combined European tree instead, here's the Czech despite having put Czech tanks in the German tree, and the Swedish.

Italian tree? Too full of holes and copy paste tanks, here's the Italian tree with a unique feature. 

Polish? No no way a Polish tree can be made from tier I to X, there are no candidiates here's the Polish tree.

Contradiction and U turn have always been the Wargaming way, I suspect it's only that you are tiring of the game in general which has made you less tolerant of it.

Edited by Homer_J, 05 August 2018 - 04:17 PM.

Mr_Burrows #55 Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45100 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 August 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

When was it ever?  It's had a long history of saying one thing one week and then doing the exact opposite a week later.

From we do not need tier X meds and TDs ..... here's tier X TDs and meds.  And light tanks don't need to progress beyond tier 4 ... 5 ... 8 .... 10

Chinese tanks for Chinese server only..... and the other servers.  Chinese TDs absolutely certainly definitely CN exclusive, don't even ask for them on any other server ... then they appear on the other servers.

Then there was the now introduced Maus line, initially cancelled as they could not any way balance such heavy armour at tier 8, then the very next line to be introduced was the Japanese heavy line with such heavy armour right down to tier 6.

And there was not enough tanks of other nations to make individual trees, we are working on a combined European tree instead, here's the Czech despite having put Czech tanks in the German tree, and the Swedish.

Italian tree? Too full of holes and copy paste tanks, here's the Italian tree with a unique feature. 

Polish? No no way a Polish tree can be made from tier I to X, there are no candidiates here's the Polish tree.

Contradiction and U turn have always been the Wargaming way, I suspect it's only that you are tiring of the game in general which has made you less tolerant of it.

You know, I think that we agree on a load of things. Some we disagree on, and that is fine. I can live with that and I am sure you can too. You see some more things more clearly that I do, I am sure, and I got another view on other stuff. 

It is just that to me it makes no sense paying more. I am done paying, it seems. I just know that whatever I pay now, in a years time I will have to pay more to not be standing still or lagging behind regarding equipment. Yeah. Equipment. For the new in game currency "bonds". 

I am sorta lost for words... 

And ofc I never forgave WG for moving the ELC to tier 5 and nerfing it. I will factor that into my own "I will not pay more-equation". 

Edited by Mr_Burrows, 05 August 2018 - 04:32 PM.

Homer_J #56 Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMr_Burrows, on 05 August 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Yeah. Equipment. For the new in game currency "bonds". 

Well to me the improved equipment for bonds is far too expensive in terms of effort required for the tiny improvement you get so it doesn't bother me.

I spend money on the game sparingly and I see it as entertainment and as such I still feel I am getting full value.

And ofc I never forgave WG for moving the ELC to tier 5 and nerfing it.

That was always going to be a problem tank from the moment they decided to bring the lights in line.  I don't think the chose the right solution, either initially when they removed the 90mm gun or when they reversed that decision.  It should have been replaced with something else and sidelined or even made premium at a higher tier where it could have kept it's old characteristics.  Maybe someday they will get around to fixing that.  I believe I still have mine sat in under pile of leaves in the forest somewhere, it's not worth selling and I don't need the garage slot or the crew.

LordMuffin #57 Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48123 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostHomer_J, on 05 August 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Well to me the improved equipment for bonds is far too expensive in terms of effort required for the tiny improvement you get so it doesn't bother me.

I spend money on the game sparingly and I see it as entertainment and as such I still feel I am getting full value.

And ofc I never forgave WG for moving the ELC to tier 5 and nerfing it.

That was always going to be a problem tank from the moment they decided to bring the lights in line.  I don't think the chose the right solution, either initially when they removed the 90mm gun or when they reversed that decision.  It should have been replaced with something else and sidelined or even made premium at a higher tier where it could have kept it's old characteristics.  Maybe someday they will get around to fixing that.  I believe I still have mine sat in under pile of leaves in the forest somewhere, it's not worth selling and I don't need the garage slot or the crew.

ELC could just move to T6 with no changes, at most,  200 extra hp.

HaZardeur #58 Posted 05 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33402 battles
Lorraine 40t would be tempting but #walletclosed

Rati_Festa #59 Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42823 battles
For me WG have lately made more bad decisions than good ones. My wallet is nearly closed, I keep topping up my prem days and thats it. The game still has many good points but they need to get a grip really, personally I think if they switched their attention to resolving the mm issue asap making more high tier maps and polishing frontline they would be back on track.

Introducing more prem tanks when they have admitted thier game has faulty mm is just bad all round.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 05 August 2018 - 10:48 PM.

Robbie_T #60 Posted 06 August 2018 - 04:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16322 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

#walletwideopen

Think Wg is doing nice in 2018 

Italian line,now Polish line,Frontline(for the money),now the Kursk mission t34S,and nice 20th Bday missions.

match making getting fixed(although i find nothing wrong with it)

For this year i bought every month the 30days premium+1000g special

Also bought some nice tanks T-62 , M41 90mm , Kv2®,Progetto(discount),ah yeah and the new Polish prem heavy tank.

Only thing i want to see changed is more chat moderators...

Its getting crazy everyday with the kiddies crying in chat.

Alsomaybe some game moderators last weeks lots of mad kiddies refusing to play when they matched against tier 10's drowning or kiling them selfs instant or do nothing all game .

Especially with the vacation ..and most times its the same persons day after day.some 6 months banns would be nice.

Edited by Robbie_T, 06 August 2018 - 04:10 AM.

Also tagged with for, how, long

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users