T-54 or Obj 430?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: T-54 or Obj 430 (43 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which do you feel overall is the better choice, just tank vs tank

1. T-54 overall is better (17 votes [39.53%])

Percentage of vote: 39.53%

2. Obj 430 overall is better (26 votes [60.47%])

Percentage of vote: 60.47%

Vote Hide poll

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles

Hi all,

Not sure if this topic has been murdered to death or asked much before so sorry if it has. I couldn't find a thread for this and looking for a fresh opinion on them both anyway. Can we keep it strictly a tank vs tank question and not about the tierX tanks they unlock.

1. Playstyle difference, where is each tank happier fighting, it's most effective role? Hull down or flanking or sniping or close or ranged, that sort of stuff.

2. What can one do the other can't or at least, what is one better at doing than the other?

3. What are the main downsides of both, is there any major flaws that really holds back these tanks and which has the more restrictive flaws overall?

4. How do they fair on most maps, is there any particular type of maps these tanks thrive and struggle with? 

Thanks guys, if there's anything else about these two I should know but forgot to ask, do tell.

Edit- Lets get a poll in there while we're at it..

Edited by TungstenHitman, 04 August 2018 - 06:17 PM.

KillingJoker #2 Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32141 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

i think both have similar play style, but the 430 with 390 alpha can have more impact

you have mobility, some armor, alpha damage and dpm to make difference...

The T-54 is faster and have a better rate of fire and its a good tank, but definitely the 430 is a better tank

its simple really, it was a tier X, then received a 390 alpha gun and got dropped to tier IX, honestly even if the 430 got the same gun

but with a better penetration it would still be playble as a tier X (imagining the super OP 430U didn't existed) ,  people would still play the 430 despite the poor armor for tier X, only because the extra alpha dmg comparable to the 140 and T62A...

Its a really good tier IX medium, its not considered broken OP because the 430U is the really Overpowered beast.... 

I have nearly 2200 average damage in mine, and i only got 1 mark... i haven't even mastered mine and i had games with more than 5,5k dmg

to give you a perspective, of how high is the skill performance in the 430... 

the tank really suits very aggressive players who are keen to go forward and start melting everything they see in front of them...

i would say its dangerously addicting gameplay, i will never sell my 430, ill keep it for platooning, missions and what not... because its really a very good tank...

While the T54, despite i liked it, and i even had 2 marks in mine, is more easily to sell. 

JocMeister #3 Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21863 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Would write a more elaborate reply but im on the phone. But I would say the T-54 is a much stronger tank. 330 Heat means you can basically Pen anything if the need is there. The gun is also much better overall.

I feel so much more comfortable in the T-54. I love it and personally I think its the best tier 9 MT. Might be the best MT in the game tier for tier. 

430 feels slow and clumsy with a trollish gun. Really dont like it 

the_nebuchadnezzar #4 Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45672 battles

I unlock the T 54 a while back. Now, I got the Obj 430 as I grind for the 430U. All I can say is 430 is so much better. I love the alpha dmg and the armor, which allow you to take the fight right to the enemy. I like to play it as a heavium and works pretty well most of the times. The pen is not all that impressive, but you can always use your mobility to flank. Overall, I really love this tank. I get games with over 5k dmg in it more often than one expect. No wonder, it's my second best average dmg in all my meds, close to my TVP 50/51. Also, the viewrange is Nice (450 in mine) and I feel the camo works. The speed is not particulary good and the gun depression kinda sucks, but the biggest problem is the engine which get set in fire every second shot. 

Edited by the_nebuchadnezzar, 04 August 2018 - 08:08 PM.

Flid_Merchant #5 Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9622 battles
Don't have the T-54 but the Obj 430 is epic.

snowlywhite #6 Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14166 battles

don't have t-54 but f hate 430.

Block Quote

430 feels slow and clumsy with a trollish gun. Really dont like it 

basically this

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:57 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles

Hmmm, some conflicting points of view on these tanks which has players favor one over the other and I get those points and both arguments for each tank are correct. I suppose the Obj 430 is a relatively new offering on the tier9 tech 3 so usually(though I may be wrong) the most recently added or adjusted tanks tend to be better and more suitably tuned by devs to the current meta whereas the established tanks tend to be weaker and power creeped if that makes sense? That said, the T-54 did get some attention recently and got that improved gun option... plus it has that safety blanket HEAT option to burn and fizz its way through most armor which is always welcome and at least when you press 2 you ACTUALLY get value for your credits and it won't simply be a very expensive rock that still bounces harmlessly off that Type5 etc.

That said, I think my mind is made up to go with the Obj and along with the little poll and comments made, I came across 2 semi-review replays from very experienced streamers that won me over. Obviously these were some of the better battles but it wasn't about the battle results it was about what they said about this tank and how I could actually see how the accuracy and usefulness on two contrasting maps was very very impressive(food and vs nubs not withstanding))

As you can see I am very close to these tanks, this was how I finished yesterday and today I will unlock the Obj 430. You can see it is going to cost me nearly 28k more than the T54 but its the path I am taking and what I like about the Obt 430 before even playing it is that it already has top turret and top gun, radio etc all I need is the engine and tracks... just 2 modules, that's very nice indeed whereas the T54 needs the tracks, the turret and not 1 but 2 guns to unlock or just 1 gun if you are happy with the tier10 that gun path takes you but either way its still at least 106k xp before you have tracks, turret and a top gun which is a kick in the plums lets be honest.

BTW, The T-44, once fully upgraded with its top engine and the more accurate gun is a really nice tier8 medium with good camo, good mobility and acceptable everything else so if you can't make that tank work the problem is with you and not that tank it's a good tank, vs tier10 not withstanding to be fair to it.

Flid_Merchant #8 Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9622 battles
The general consensus seems to be the T54 is better at mid to long range and the Obj is better at close range brawling. Both are good tanks. And yes the Obj stock grind is easy as hell, it's biggest weakness seems to be engine fires.

Dava_117 #9 Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
Nice thread. I was wondering the same, being close to unlock T-54 and 430... :)

DuncaN_101 #10 Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52763 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Both is the correct answer.
They are both excellent tanks and there is no wrong choice here.

It's just a matter of which tier 10 med you want first.

Kommandant_Mia #11 Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 902 battles
I enjoy the 430 more,  as I like to play aggressive and don't mind a brawl.  

Browarszky #12 Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16009 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
I went all the way up to the 430U which turned out to a disappointment and a mistake. Not saying other people might not be able make use of it, I'm just not a good enough player to make it work for me.

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles

I'm liking the Obj 430 it's an interesting tank but I have a LOT to learn! It's a really low profile and small tank so typical map spots where normally would work hull down etc I can't see over lol and small depressions in maps that would be certain death to taller tanks are actually good hull down areas and viable approaches and the turret seems pretty reliable even if the gun really isn't. It might like savage in one of the Skills4U replay but that's with food in reality it's not THAT sharp but I'm glad I went with it first before the HEAT-54 since as mentioned, it comes pretty much fully upgraded in it's stock offering. I'm playing it very tentatively still and just learning on the job so to speak but it's a good no doubt about it.

Here's the best of the action as top tier. Can you press the W key? can you drool? Then have a Radleys! Rasha!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4484494#mountain_pass-tungstenhitman-object_430

falcon_96 #14 Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:48 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22522 battles
Depends on the playstyle, 430 is slower(not much), but with better firepower and T-54 is faster and more DPM oriented.
I really enjoy my 430, if only it could burn less often, fuel tanks are in the front and tend to get damaged by frontal hits, use auto extinguisher on it.

Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 08 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18744 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Which is better isn't the only consideration, one of them leads to two tier 10s, the other just to one. So if your long term aims are to unlock all three then it makes sense to get the T54 first as you need to earn around twice as much XP on it as you do on the 430 to finish the line

So personally I always went for the T54 first to get a head start on the additional XP requirement, it just also happens to lead to the T62A which I like but that wasn't the deciding factor for me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users