Jump to content


Weekly Maintenance


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Fanste94 #1 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2949 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013
Can you please do a weekly maintenance of the game

Homer_J #2 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29664 battles
  • 31,293
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
What would you like?  Check the oil level and top up the screenwash?

MaxxyNL #3 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11349 battles
  • 980
  • Member since:
    04-05-2013

View PostFanste94, on 05 August 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

Can you please do a weekly maintenance of the game

 

Explain?

Axelfoley666 #4 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22976 battles
  • 615
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012
I imagine he is referring to the likes of other online games that take a few hours each week of server down time to check servers, hardware, implement hot fixes and so on. Not a bad suggestion but I can already hear the cries of despair of those that can not do without the game for a few hours.

CmdRatScabies #5 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:24 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 37626 battles
  • 4,499
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostMaxxyNL, on 05 August 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

 

Explain?

 

He's getting confused with his crappy internet.

Homer_J #6 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29664 battles
  • 31,293
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostAxelfoley666, on 05 August 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

I imagine he is referring to the likes of other online games that take a few hours each week of server down time to check servers, hardware, implement hot fixes and so on. Not a bad suggestion but I can already hear the cries of despair of those that can not do without the game for a few hours.

 

I have never known a server need to be taken down to check hardware.  As for implementing hot fixes you need to have a fix to implement.

 

The servers I work with run at 99.9%+ uptime and that includes applying monthly operating system patches.  And we are aiming to improve on that.



Balc0ra #7 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67308 battles
  • 17,042
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostAxelfoley666, on 05 August 2018 - 01:22 PM, said:

I imagine he is referring to the likes of other online games that take a few hours each week of server down time to check servers, hardware, implement hot fixes and so on. Not a bad suggestion but I can already hear the cries of despair of those that can not do without the game for a few hours.

 

I was under the impression that's what the daily server reset is for at 6 AM that takes about 30 min or so. So that they can check daily. And not everything weekly with a longer downtime doing everything at once. 


Edited by Balc0ra, 05 August 2018 - 01:31 PM.


malachi6 #8 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 50423 battles
  • 3,675
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

 

WG servers are down few minutes around 6 am everyday, I believe.  Since stopping owning a paper shop. I refuse to acknowledge a day more the one 6 o'clock in it.



Axelfoley666 #9 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22976 battles
  • 615
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 05 August 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

 

I have never known a server need to be taken down to check hardware.  As for implementing hot fixes you need to have a fix to implement.

 

The servers I work with run at 99.9%+ uptime and that includes applying monthly operating system patches.  And we are aiming to improve on that.

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 05 August 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

 

I was under the impression that's what the daily server reset is for at 6 AM that takes about 30 min or so. So that they can check daily. And not everything weekly with a longer downtime doing everything at once. 

 

Why didn't you just answer the OP's original question if you both have such a vast knowledge base? No, you would prefer to make snippy little remarks in a vain attempt to inflate your own self important ego's. World of Forums.

Nethraniel #10 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 13535 battles
  • 2,227
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostAxelfoley666, on 05 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

 

Why didn't you just answer the OP's original question if you both have such a vast knowledge base? No, you would prefer to make snippy little remarks in a vain attempt to inflate your own self important ego's. World of Forums.

 

The problem is, that there is not much to answer to in OP. A bit more detail and also the reason, why OP is asking for maintainance would be helpful.

Axelfoley666 #11 Posted 05 August 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22976 battles
  • 615
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-17-2012

View PostNethraniel, on 05 August 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

 

The problem is, that there is not much to answer to in OP. A bit more detail and also the reason, why OP is asking for maintainance would be helpful.

 

A reasonable response.

Homer_J #12 Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:09 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29664 battles
  • 31,293
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostAxelfoley666, on 05 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

 

Why didn't you just answer the OP's original question 

Because there is no answer to give.  There isn't really a question.  It's just something blurted out.  The kind of one liner you get when you walk past a drunk on a park bench.

 

It's like someone a few weeks ago who expected the servers taking down while devs worked on the code as if there was one copy of the program contained within vast spinning machinery which would have a man's arm off.



malachi6 #13 Posted 05 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 50423 battles
  • 3,675
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostAxelfoley666, on 05 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

 

Why didn't you just answer the OP's original question if you both have such a vast knowledge base? No, you would prefer to make snippy little remarks in a vain attempt to inflate your own self important ego's. World of Forums.

 

 

^^^^^

 

Irony.



DeBanus #14 Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:04 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29116 battles
  • 234
  • [-NARF] -NARF
  • Member since:
    11-19-2011

I got a better proposal: Can you please get rid of the INSANE AMOUNT OF MUPPETS in my teams?

Jesus fkking balls, what a void of IQ do I encouter in randoms and ranked at this moment..... 



Bordhaw #15 Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:35 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 11966 battles
  • 2,793
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostFanste94, on 05 August 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Can you please do a weekly maintenance of the game

 



malachi6 #16 Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:59 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 50423 battles
  • 3,675
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostDeBanus, on 05 August 2018 - 03:04 PM, said:

I got a better proposal: Can you please get rid of the INSANE AMOUNT OF MUPPETS in my teams?

Jesus fkking balls, what a void of IQ do I encouter in randoms and ranked at this moment..... 

 

You need to understand how I.Q. is calculated before you make asinine, hyperbolic comments.  Also, you could stop and consider your "contribution".

Baldrickk #17 Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30490 battles
  • 14,606
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostAxelfoley666, on 05 August 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Why didn't you just answer the OP's original question if you both have such a vast knowledge base? No, you would prefer to make snippy little remarks in a vain attempt to inflate your own self important ego's. World of Forums.

 Mauve because the OP put no effort into his question?

It's nor hard to find out that they do restart the servers daily, even if you don't play at that time. 

He also gives no indication of what "maintenance" actually means and  seems to completely fail to realise that patches are done when needed. 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users