Can someone explain these shots for me?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:21 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 15471 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

So in one of my games tonight I had the misfortune to encounter a troll who decided that apparently he wanted to target me for whatever reason, I sadly will never know. Nonetheless, the actions are what they are and I reported him anyway, I just sadly had to accept that that specific battle was not going to be one for me (though mind you, I didn't have high expectations anyway).

However, I was surprised by his second shot of teamdamage to me, which in battle I felt was odd because I couldn't sworn his gun was above my turret. Upon reviewing the replay (which I will provide below, though don't expect much at all, and I'm certainly not in favour of turning this into a discussion on the later parts of the game), I found that both shots are pretty odd to say the least. I know the penmarkers can be pretty odd at times (what was it, sometimes shots don't actually hit exactly where the marker says it did or something like that?), but I think this is taking it a little bit too crazy.

Large images, my apologies in advance

The only other thing I want to note is that there is no clear lag at the time of both shots, as my ping never really sees a massive jump and while the packet loss/whatever light goes red a few times, it doesn't happen around the time of the shots (only a short while after the first shot) and I'm not sure even that would explain why these apparently hit. Maybe I'm just being dumb, but that's precisely why I'm making this thread, no? Otherwise, the replay, for reviewing it yourself:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4480166#cliff-desyatnik_pansy-charioteer

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 05 August 2018 - 08:22 PM.

OreH75 #2 Posted 05 August 2018 - 08:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46878 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR
The "Shell" trajectory starts at the turret, not the end of the barrel that, in combination with lag/shiity connection on Skorpion G side, might explain it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users