wtf?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

FoxForceFive #1 Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17266 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

I have been playing WoT for years and I am just wondering what you where thinking when you changed some of the maps and when you made new ones.

I usally play Maus wich is a slow tank. Since you changed the maps it is like you went out of your way to make people stop playing slow tanks. On many maps you are not even able to get to cover before even medium tanks get into position to nuke you?

Glacier map. Are you [edited]kidding me???????  As a slow tank you first have to take about 2-4 hit just to get to decent cover on top of the map. After that you manage to make a sniper tower for fast tanks with a stranded ship???? Give me ONE example in history where tanks were able to drive up a ship/mountain and be able to shot down on tanks, not able to drive up the ship/mountain, that are not able to shot back? I am not even going to talk about issue that tanks are fighting on ice...

Go back to the drawing table and PLEASE make this a game that is not all about playing mediums and russian tanks!!!!

/FFS

EDIT: Just played Fishermans Bay. Went straight for the J-line. Crossed the road and turned left to H9 and made it into the city. I got hit 12 times by medium and light tanks and ended up on 1189/3000 in health. Is your idea that I need to go to the K-line to get to the city?

This post is just a cry for help. I just want to know what you were thinking when you changed most of the maps. Was the slow tanks to powerful? Was there to many people playing them? I just want an answer please?

Edited by FoxForceFive, 06 August 2018 - 11:37 PM.

Mediums_X_are_OP #2 Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51023 battles
  • [TUN] TUN

Add to that the following:

Lately WG "HD remodeled" the maps so nowadays the city maps have debris around most of the corners to make their new introductions, tanks with imprevious turrets, practicaly invincible so if you play at tier X something like E100, Maus and other real heavies, you´re canon fodder... So hull down wasn´t enough on practicaly every field and map in WoT hardly any level field so hull down is practicaly a way to live or hills wich anyway protect the hull...

WG, do you want debris for historical reasons and authenticity..? Ok, then make the debris penetrable like in reality is..! May shoot thru debris the tank behind !

May reduce the penetration accordingly to the thickness of the debris or raise the RNG in such cases, pretty simple !

If you realy want it real then make it real !

Or is the debris just another new tool to leverage and raise the OP-ness of your new introductions, the new tanks..?

The low silouhette tanks can practicaly shoot hull down behind the debris, the new OP tool for mediums and other Objects like 277 and so on... On Himmlesdorf, Pilsen and so on.

Tanks with real armour are rendered weak and useless because they have penetrable turrets against tanks wich weigh a half, are way more maneuverble, faster, have better camo rating and guns... That´s the world of WG filthiness...

Let alone the fact that in a slow tank you automaticaly will have a lower WR because no matter your pesonal contribution, at the end of the game as last surviving tank against a fast tank no chance to win, the filthy one may ambush you from a bush even not spotting him while he shoots you dead, or scavanging by the back or capturing your base when he knows you can´t reach it...

But it gets even worse, those filthy players come on the forum to try to silence you, rubbing your WR on your nose, pretending you ain´t got a clue about this game due to your WR, pretending you ain´t got the right to write here and your opinion would be one of a clueless guy anyway, so irrelevant they mean, meanwhile neglecting your personal stats like WN 8...

And it got even worse, tier X lights were introduced so often you´re spotted in the base !
And the cherry on the pie, WG intends to introduce wheeled combat vehicles wich aren´t even tanks so not allowed in a tank game, wich drive over 100 km/h so l think they confund this game with Need for Speed...
Technicaly can´t even turn the turret to follow such a vehicle, let alone to aim and hit...

Edited by Mediums_X_are_OP, 24 September 2018 - 06:54 AM.

kaneloon #3 Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28623 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

Ok you may be right.

But you still have corridors maps for which I would choose any day a Maus versus a light (Paris, Himmel, and others).

As many have no place for light tanks than no place for ultra heavy tanks.

5_InchFl0ppy #4 Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40720 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
*edited*  

Edited by Jahpero, 24 September 2018 - 02:03 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to not being constructive.

Homer_J #5 Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29674 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostFoxForceFive, on 06 August 2018 - 10:03 PM, said:

I usally play Maus wich is a slow tank. Since you changed the maps it is like you went out of your way to make people stop playing slow tanks. On many maps you are not even able to get to cover 

Maus doesn't need cover, Maus is cover.

Mediums_X_are_OP #6 Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:56 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51023 battles
  • [TUN] TUN

View Postkaneloon, on 24 September 2018 - 07:07 AM, said:

Ok you may be right.

But you still have corridors maps for which I would choose any day a Maus versus a light (Paris, Himmel, and others).

As many have no place for light tanks than no place for ultra heavy tanks.

Corridor maps... That propaganda the filthy used years to get another exploit, (to somehow make the heavies obsolete), along with after pysics, climbing the mountains so the slow heavies are spotted before reaching the peak a boo positions so no peek a boos anymore, along with the rounded terrain wich offers practicaly anywhere hull down positions, now debris in the cities where a impervious turret is better so the mediums and lighter heavy new introductions are better everywhere...
06:58 Added after 1 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 24 September 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

Maus doesn't need cover, Maus is cover.

The Maus is bait for fools to grind it nowadays, meanwhile it´s turret with 260mm effective armor is much weaker even than the IS7 turret, let alone the new introductions... I however understand your joking spirit, but the thing is that the issue got serious.

Edited by Mediums_X_are_OP, 24 September 2018 - 09:23 AM.

TheRealTwist #7 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:16 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 37865 battles
  • [CAHU] CAHU

That heavy baised whine! LOL

Corridor maps all around, spots everywhere these all mighty heavys can hide their only weakspots (lower plate usually). Heavys with more view range and same speed as most mediums....and still you whine.

Then the arty Nerf so that Maus&Co can drive spotted over open field right at the arty, can take 4+ hits and kill arty without problems...and still you whine.

I still remember the TD view range Nerf cause of whine of unseen Snipers.

:trollface:

If you are too stupid or arrogant to take the K Line on that map and cross spotted and 90 degree angle you need to be punished before you are Arty Save in sidescape at your favorite corner for the rest of the game.

poor poor Maus :bajan:

Headless_Rooster #8 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10845 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

Mediums_X_are_OP #9 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:44 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51023 battles
  • [TUN] TUN

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 24 September 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

Adress my arguments.
12:48 Added after 4 minutes

View PostTheRealTwist, on 24 September 2018 - 11:16 AM, said:

That heavy baised whine! LOL

Corridor maps all around, spots everywhere these all mighty heavys can hide their only weakspots (lower plate usually). Heavys with more view range and same speed as most mediums....and still you whine.

Then the arty Nerf so that Maus&Co can drive spotted over open field right at the arty, can take 4+ hits and kill arty without problems...and still you whine.

I still remember the TD view range Nerf cause of whine of unseen Snipers.

:trollface:

If you are too stupid or arrogant to take the K Line on that map and cross spotted and 90 degree angle you need to be punished before you are Arty Save in sidescape at your favorite corner for the rest of the game.

poor poor Maus :bajan:

With all mighty heavies you mean the imprevious turret tanks maybe, some so called heavies under 100 tonns but not the real heavies like the Maus and E100 wich carry 200 tonns of armour crawling for nothing, having a penetrable hull and turret...
Btw, wich are corridor maps..? Perhaps a few partly but even there the filthy scavangers mediums and lights have middle or the other flank designed to exploit, Abbey comes in mind and what not...

Headless_Rooster #10 Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10845 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

View PostMediums_X_are_OP, on 24 September 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

Adress my arguments.

Why does it have to be an argument, I thought we were having a conversation about maps effecting performace of tanks so I went to look at the data, (actually I still had the png link open from the other guys thread claiming his Maus performance was suffering because of map changes). If you want an argument meet me outside, if I'm not there, start without me. :P

You're claiming the new map meta negatively effects the performance of your Maus, the data doesn't seem to support your argument, some people seem to be dealing with it just fine. 

Mediums_X_are_OP #11 Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51023 battles
  • [TUN] TUN

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 24 September 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

Why does it have to be an argument, I thought we were having a conversation about maps effecting performace of tanks so I went to look at the data, (actually I still had the png link open from the other guys thread claiming his Maus performance was suffering because of map changes). If you want an argument meet me outside, if I'm not there, start without me. :P

You're claiming the new map meta negatively effects the performance of your Maus, the data doesn't seem to support your argument, some people seem to be dealing with it just fine. 

You don´t comprehend what an argument means, so, does the added debris advantage the tanks with impenetrable turrets, yes or not?

Thejagdpanther #12 Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34859 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Maus is extremely fine.

The problem are a lot of other tanks.

Some ctrlc/ ctrlv from the web

Block Quote

I imported win rate data from lab-vole instead of VBaddict, which changes the data slightly. Lab-vole seems more realistic/accurate (T-62A lovers rejoice, the tank has a respectable win rate per Lab-vole while it was awful per VBaddict). I also made the table smaller by hiding the other columns for this post only as I already posted the full table previously. I also sorted the data based on total score as some people requested.

Full table – sorted by total score.

tier10ordered-e1537306690988.png?w=1462

Performance by Country:

tier10orderedcountry-e1537306780781.png?

No surprise here, USSR ahead by a good margin, Germany and USA very lack-luster (If it wasn’t for the Patton, USA would be basically equal to Germany). I didn’t include the nations with only a few lines, just the major countries.

Performance By Vehicle Type:

tier10orderedtype1-e1537307332360.png?w=

No surprise here either, heavies and meds ahead, TDs lacking because” I AM TD I SNIPER” which results in zero spotting, a lot of missed shots, and a poor win rate.

Light tanks performing better than I expected, but still not great.

Enjoy.

Mediums_X_are_OP #13 Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51023 battles
  • [TUN] TUN
Wich heavies ahead do you mean, the practicaly mediums what camouflage, speed and mobility concernes, while heavies only on the turrets wich is pushed by the hull down and again, debris so again, does the debris advantage the impervious turreted tanks, yes or not..? The HD remodeling is shortly introduced but the Maus is already falling.

Headless_Rooster #14 Posted 24 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10845 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

View PostMediums_X_are_OP, on 24 September 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

does the added debris advantage the tanks with impenetrable turrets, yes or not?

So what if it does. Map changes effect all sorts of positions, what's the point moaning about it, learn how to deal with it on the battlefield. You think WG will change the mechanics of shooting debris piles because your Maus is offended by them, even when the data shows Maus winrate is doing just fine?

Maybe WG thought enclosed roads like on Himm with no debris was unfair on lower tier tanks, mabye they thought more gold would be spammed if they gave the meds a chance against superheavies, who know what they were thinking <shrug>

would you support a TD player who came on here crying because he thought the performance of his TD suffered because they removed some OP bushes?  Even tho the data showed the WR of his chosen TD was 51% since the changes, indicating it's slightly on the OP side of the balance scale.

Mediums_X_are_OP #15 Posted 24 September 2018 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51023 battles
  • [TUN] TUN

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 24 September 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

So what if it does. Map changes effect all sorts of positions, what's the point moaning about it, learn how to deal with it on the battlefield. You think WG will change the mechanics of shooting debris piles because your Maus is offended by them, even when the data shows Maus winrate is doing just fine?

Maybe WG thought enclosed roads like on Himm with no debris was unfair on lower tier tanks, mabye they thought more gold would be spammed if they gave the meds a chance against superheavies, who know what they were thinking <shrug>

would you support a TD player who came on here crying because he thought the performance of his TD suffered because they removed some OP bushes?  Even tho the data showed the WR of his chosen TD was 51% since the changes, indicating it's slightly on the OP side of the balance scale.

How should one with 20km/h deal with it..? Backing and hiding somewhere or what..? Do you think before posting..?
The Maus might still be at 51% but it felt down and is further falling.

Headless_Rooster #16 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10845 battles
  • [WUN-2] WUN-2

View PostMediums_X_are_OP, on 24 September 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Do you think before posting..?

clearly not, you must be right, WG added debris piles to bring down the WR on the Maus, maybe they'll get it as bad as the E100, it's a conspiracy, they're actually out to destroy your WR in the Maus.

Mediums_X_are_OP #17 Posted 25 September 2018 - 02:34 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51023 battles
  • [TUN] TUN

View PostHeadless_Rooster, on 24 September 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

clearly not, you must be right, WG added debris piles to bring down the WR on the Maus, maybe they'll get it as bad as the E100, it's a conspiracy, they're actually out to destroy your WR in the Maus.

The piles of debris are there to further advantage the impervious turreted tanks because sometimes they have had issues with the sidescraping so they have had a fair amount of chances, he penetrating my turret, l penetrating his hull.

Such a tank behind a pile of debris can serenely and shamelessly point his gun and directly look at you, a real heavy player, Maus or E100 and wait till you aim him... Before the HD remodeling and piles of debris, could trade shots in the Maus on Pilsen for example, now, not anymore, if l try to fight l simply die...

So what´s that, a fair fight with chances for both parties or a WG mockery..? At least some chanses but there´re none for the penetrable turreted tanks...

Edited by Mediums_X_are_OP, 25 September 2018 - 03:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users