game knowledge

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mr_Spanish_FPS #1 Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1976 battles
  • [H2VOC] H2VOC

Hey all, quick question about crew exp and moving crews. 

I read on the forums that if you move a crew from a premium tank for training to any tank in the tree (the crews "parent" tank) you do not have to pay to re-train the crew, is this correct? Does the same thing apply for elite vehicles? Could I use 2 elite vehicles instead of a premium and an elite, or a tank I am grinding an an elite?

thanks in advance,

-Spanish

RaxipIx #2 Posted 07 August 2018 - 04:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30180 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

There is no penalty   when you move a crew from a normal tank to a premium tank only.

Elite status does not give that option. 

Ex i have JP 2 tier 8 TD, and i put that crew in my Skorp G without any penalty.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
To clarify further, you can move a crew from a standard tank and put it in a premium tank of the same nation and class. So for example I can put my Tiger crew in the Löwe and play the Löwe with a "fully trained" crew for the Löwe without actually training them for the Löwe, then when I'm done I can just put them back in the Tiger. Keep in mind that the reverse don't work, so if your crew is trained for the Löwe it can only go in the Löwe. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29242 battles

View PostMr_Spanish_FPS, on 07 August 2018 - 04:11 AM, said:

Hey all, quick question about crew exp and moving crews. 

I read on the forums that if you move a crew from a premium tank for training to any tank in the tree (the crews "parent" tank) you do not have to pay to re-train the crew, is this correct? Does the same thing apply for elite vehicles? Could I use 2 elite vehicles instead of a premium and an elite, or a tank I am grinding an an elite?

thanks in advance,

-Spanish

If you have a crew that are trained to a premium tank, for example one that came with some crew when you bought it, then you cannot just move the crew into a tech tree tank as they won't be trained for that tank and they will suffer a skill penalty.

However what you can do is move them from your premium tank into your tech tree tank and then train them for the tech tree tank. They will then be able to return to the premium without losing any skills.

So for example if you had both a French AMX-30 and a Batchat which are both mediums with their own crews you could get yourself an M4 Revalorise and then you would be able to take any crew member from both of your tech tree mediums and make up a crew for the M4 without a penalty.

Homer_J #5 Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMr_Spanish_FPS, on 07 August 2018 - 04:11 AM, said:

I read on the forums that if you move a crew from a premium tank for training to any tank in the tree (the crews "parent" tank) you do not have to pay to re-train the crew, is this correct? 

You got it the wrong way round.

If they are trained for the tech tree tank you can move them to a premium without retraining, hence they don't need retraining to move back.

And no.  Elite tanks do not work like premium tanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users