bot bots wargaming

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Spasenovicvladan #1 Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41116 battles
  • [MFURY] MFURY

Every day I see more and more bots, driven by AI, in this game.

For example, in last game I saw 5 tanks with 20k-55k battles and with WN8 300-400, with 0.3-0.4dmg, nobody can play so many games and be so bad.

In battle they just stay, or get one position for snipe with auto aim and, of course, they hit nothing that moves.

They totally act like bots, position, aiming, unawareness of the situation, he aimed far tank behind the rock, and other tank stays next to him and hitting several times from 20m, but he just aimed and wait to be killed.

I can recognize AI bot when i see it. 

Why don't WG fight against bots, where is their interest in it? 

The only logical explanation is that they have their bots because of rebalancing OP tanks and win % of teams on maps.

They only destroy this game, and because of them I won't pay prem acc anymore, I did it for almost two years.    

Balc0ra #2 Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

So anyone who don't respond to you, don't play the way you want or don't move to the right lane are WG owned bots? 

I wish we could go back to 2012 when bot topics was about actual bots that you could spot a mile away, not bad players or a 6 year old kid or an amputee that can only play with one arm etc like we get today. 

314WTNK #3 Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30119 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
sounds legit

Homer_J #4 Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpasenovicvladan, on 07 August 2018 - 05:34 PM, said:

For example, in last game I saw 5 tanks with 20k-55k battles and with WN8 300-400, with 0.3-0.4dmg, nobody can play so many games and be so bad.

If WG were putting bots in why would they have bad stats.  Even if they deliberately make the bots play bad they could fake the stats, or even hide them.

Look at WoWP, there are bots there.  First of all they play quite well, better than me sometimes, secondly their stats are hidden.

Nope, what you are seeing is only explained by being a human player.

Edited by Homer_J, 07 August 2018 - 05:41 PM.

malachi6 #5 Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49911 battles

A game that is free to all with quite forgiving system specs is played by kids and people with poor equipment?  *edited*  

Edit.  Did you know that if you disable WN8 all of your issues disappear and your rage will be reserved for whatever minority group you decide to use in game?  

Edited by Jahpero, 08 August 2018 - 01:18 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Bordhaw #6 Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11543 battles

View PostSpasenovicvladan, on 07 August 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

In battle they just stay, or get one position for snipe with auto aim and, of course, they hit nothing that moves.

They totally act like bots, position, aiming, unawareness of the situation, he aimed far tank behind the rock, and other tank stays next to him and hitting several times from 20m, but he just aimed and wait to be killed.

The only logical explanation is that they have their bots because of rebalancing OP tanks and win % of teams on maps.

They only destroy this game, and because of them I won't pay prem acc anymore, I did it for almost two years.    

Did you not see the WG bots in last years Halloween mode? They even went along the same pre-programmed paths and still battered teams every game. 

wsatnutter #7 Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24957 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
replay? oh I forgot

pudelikael #8 Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19783 battles

many players have left and they are making robots. this is a marketing game. 

SuedKAT #9 Posted 07 August 2018 - 07:36 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
There are people that regularly posts on the forum with worse stats than that, the most recent to join the forum ranks so to speak is most likely "NoobySkooby". If WG wanted to code some AI bots they would perform better, they have after all managed semi competent bots in WoWs, to get stats that bad you need to be a dedicated human, not a bot.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Why not? Where exactly is the borderline between a bot and a bad player? And why? How many of those "bots" did you actively watch? How many did you contact?

Block Quote

Can you show us some replays? You obviously saved them and watched them to be sure that you aren't talking nonsense, so you should be able to show us some...

Starforge #11 Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2732 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

I think he has a point, more people leaving the game, WG replacing them with bots, making more people leave the game because they have bots in their teams...
The year is 2022, WoT is played 100% by bots, human players are illegal. Matrix confirmed!

Well enough with the joke i guess: 
Maybe they are bots, maybe they are not (sometimes they even surprise me and write in chat after i tell the team to report them for being a bot), BUT i always find a use for them as spotters, shielding from incoming damage, etc... 

Vule777 #12 Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23904 battles
Of course they have. Look World of warplanes for an example, there is no more than 5 players in battle, often I was the only player with bots, so basically there is only 2 players, me and second real enemy player.

NoobySkooby #13 Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Player
  • 13041 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

I'm a bot, I'm a bad bot, i think there is something wrong with my AI, anyone know where i can go get it fixed:trollface:

Wg own me, the pay is [edited]though:D

Tankistu #14 Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26216 battles

Yeah, could be, who knows.

What drew my attention was not the weird behaviour of other players that the OP talks about but the fact that on a few occasions I left the battle at its height, after being destroyed, went back to the garage, and the tank then came out of the battle in an instant. The battle should have lasted many more minutes since it was nowhere near a conclusion.  

Derethim #15 Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles
This is one of the very few reasons I somehow enjoy playing ranked; No reds.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29181 battles

View PostTankistu, on 07 August 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

Yeah, could be, who knows.

What drew my attention was not the weird behaviour of other players that the OP talks about but the fact that on a few occasions I left the battle at its height, after being destroyed, went back to the garage, and the tank then came out of the battle in an instant. The battle should have lasted many more minutes since it was nowhere near a conclusion.  

Well this is a new one. Seems if you get your tank back quickly it's not because your team were bad and got facerolled but because WG turned off the simulation...

Seriously, how do you function in normal society?

jeffrey_mk2 #17 Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12660 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG
People think others are bot way too fast these days , really every game today there was somebody accusing someone for bot.
Even I was accused for being a bot twice today while I was writing in chat and moved over the half map.
Also got team killed in one of these games because "you are a bot and did not spot" in my lttb....well at least they said.
Got 530 spotting in the begin, got hit for 650 hp by arty , drove away for cover and that makes you a bot in someones eyes?
You cant say you recognize a bot by just lookimg how they sit on certain positions etc.
We got all kinds of different people/players and all have different kind of minds.
Some people are really bad but still want to play the game.
Ive seen actually maybe max 5 in all my 12k games and still not 100% sure if they where a bot.

Dorander #18 Posted 07 August 2018 - 09:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18185 battles

It's kinda awesome to see pretty much all the conspiracy theories that occasionally pop up get rolled into one grand conspiracy theory, where Wargaming introduces secret bots in order to make it seem like the game is active while manipulating battles into detrimental results to compensate for their imbalanced game, with the purpose that players will be driven away in order to destroy their own game. The only step missing is that it is done because they're Russian and thus Communist and thus have to destroy their capitalistic company out of sheer embarrasment.

:popcorn:

Vule777 #19 Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23904 battles

View PostDorander, on 07 August 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

It's kinda awesome to see pretty much all the conspiracy theories that occasionally pop up get rolled into one grand conspiracy theory, where Wargaming introduces secret bots in order to make it seem like the game is active while manipulating battles into detrimental results to compensate for their imbalanced game, with the purpose that players will be driven away in order to destroy their own game. The only step missing is that it is done because they're Russian and thus Communist and thus have to destroy their capitalistic company out of sheer embarrasment.

:popcorn:

It is about Wargaming bots, not only WoT bots and you claim that they don't exist? I have mod for WoWP that indicates who is bot and who is not, so here it is (the ones with * are bots):

Posted Image

Btw, I never played with only 4 bots, this is new.

SuedKAT #20 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostVule777, on 07 August 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

It is about Wargaming bots, not only WoT bots and you claim that they don't exist? I have mod for WoWP that indicates who is bot and who is not, so here it is (the ones with * are bots):

Yes both WoWp and WoWs have bots, one in random matches and one in PvE mode, both games have semi competent bots, which is not surprising due to their player base size, the ones people call bots in WoT are worse than any programmed bot out there for any game, they are just very bad human players. 

Also tagged with bot, bots, wargaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users