WoT vehicle ratings vs win7 and win8

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Geoffrey_Ironfist #1 Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4541 battles
I have been trying hard to improve my skill and get some of my vehicles placed within the top 100 of their kind in the WoT rankings, in the hope that in this way I can significantly contribute with these tanks to battles. However, when checking the win7 and win8 stats, the stats for these same vehicles are actually not that great at all. There seems to be a kind of paradox in being regarded by WoT as one of the better players in that tank vs being seen as average to below average by win7 and win8. Is it because win7 and win8 consider all the games of all the players ever played with this tank, whereas WoT considers e.g last month's games? Is it something else?

Bordhaw #2 Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10851 battles

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 08 August 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

I have been trying hard to improve my skill and get some of my vehicles placed within the top 100 of their kind in the WoT rankings, in the hope that in this way I can significantly contribute with these tanks to battles. However, when checking the win7 and win8 stats, the stats for these same vehicles are actually not that great at all. There seems to be a kind of paradox in being regarded by WoT as one of the better players in that tank vs being seen as average to below average by win7 and win8. Is it because win7 and win8 consider all the games of all the players ever played with this tank, whereas WoT considers e.g last month's games? Is it something else?

The WoT stats require 50 games per vehicle to be included in the ratings you mean. So yes if you play a tank first off upto 50 battles then you can appear in the top 100. But it will be short lived once the better players get around to making the 50 battles.

From your stats you are improving in your win rate, WN8 and damage. https://tanks.gg/eu/Geoffrey_Ironfist

Jigabachi #3 Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Forget about WNx. Learn to read your full stats, that will yield much more information.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #4 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4541 battles
It is still hard to know how I compare with other players in the team. I sometimes feel there are some much better players out there and at other times I feel no one knows what they're doing. Just yesterday, at tier II, a light tank was pushing my SPG and a tank destroyer forward, presumably to join the brawl. He was himself sitting back to take pot shots, I assume. I kept the replay because it was so funny seeing him chasing the TD around trying to convincing him by pushing him to join the brawl. It was an extreme case but often one side completely destroys the other in a couple of minutes, so I wonder what kind of spread of abilities one gets and how does an average win8 or some other stat compare and also some indication on how much I am improving, some kind of a trend plot or something. Does anyone have an idea? How do others check their improvement?

MeetriX #5 Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19678 battles
You will get better ratings if you use Windows 10.:trollface:

Geoffrey_Ironfist #6 Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4541 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 08 August 2018 - 03:50 PM, said:

Forget about WNx. Learn to read your full stats, that will yield much more information.

Yes, maybe you are right. My winrate seems to be better than my win8 for all my tanks, so I am not sure how to take win8. In most battles I do well, it is not as if I win battles because I have fantastic team-mates. But win8 must reflect something, it would be interesting to know what.

marlboro80 #7 Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:14 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15938 battles

Wn8 is a combination of different stats, mostly damage, kills, first spots and some other are calculated in it.
Wn8 is individual for each tank, meaning for each tank there are expected values from an average player behind to do the calculation.
it displays more or less how you perform in relation to an expected average player in that tank in the diffrent stats.
One big weak point about wn8 is that support damage from spotting and tracking is not calculated in it.

so it has some use and can give you some info about how well your doing, but it’s better to read your whole stats.

Edited by marlboro80, 10 August 2018 - 09:20 AM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #8 Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17647 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostGeoffrey_Ironfist, on 09 August 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

How do others check their improvement?

So long as 30 day WR and WN8 are higher than overall, I'm happy. Doesn't matter how much higher.

wobblybob #9 Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 64935 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

My advice would be to research the game mechanics first. Here are some useful guides:-

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/436045-the-tankers-handbook/

http://tanknutdave.com/raptorqs-world-tanks-wiki-guide-stop-playing-noob/

If you consider win rate as a 'catch all' of overall performance, if you have over 50% then you are positively contributing to the team. If you have lower than this then you have a negative effect.

As you are playing at low tiers, it's something of a lottery so don't worry too much. Try and get KV-1. Implement what it says in the guides. Get the crew trained. As you stay alive longer, do more damage and have a greater contribution, all of your stats will increase. When you are confident move on to next tank. Most important don't rush to high tiers without learning.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #10 Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4541 battles
My best tanks are TDs, SPGs and a couple of fast mediums. I have struggled with the KV-1 as I am practically always in bottom tier. Whereas you can still contribute as bottom tier with any of the other three types. Overall, though, my win8 is lacking compared to my winrate, even for some of my better tanks. I wonder if it has anything to do with it being averaged across players of very different abilities, as I mostly play in lower tiers against less skilled players - being one such myself.

wobblybob #11 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 64935 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

The 3-5-7 match making system will put you in lowest tier most of the time. On the positive side, there will always be a selection of tanks you can damage. If possible, try avoid trading damage with the higher tier tanks.

You have low wn8 due to performance against expected criteria. This is totally unimportant. As I said earlier, learn game and you will continue to improve.  :)

Unicorn_of_Steel #12 Posted 15 August 2018 - 09:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5584 battles
  • [R4MBO] R4MBO

I don't know what to focus on too. Have a couple of tanks with a winrate > 50% but a below average WN8 while the tanks i have a not so suckerish WN8 in have a winrate < 50%. 

Sold some of the first to focus on the second group, only to find that i miss them for reasons of simple fun..

Geoffrey_Ironfist #13 Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4541 battles
One observation I made looking at my tanks is that a couple of tanks that have a high kill rate but otherwise do not contribute much e.g. through spotting, etc (they are STGs) have a high win8. While some light tanks with a comparatively high winrate but low kill rate have also a low win8. What annoys me when looking at this is that one way to interpret it would be that trying to increase my win8 would potentially hurt my winrate and my team. I found wobblybob's advice interesting in suggesting I ignore my winx values. I am not really sure players should be focusing on SPGs because they can give you a high win8, if that happens to be everyone else's experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users