F2PEXP #1 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3683 battles

so thought I might try the test server and new tanks and maps

but why would anyone bother?

team killed so many games by Russian players

Russian game play is appalling, and its mostly Russians

those 2 things may just have been a bad session, but in over 2 hours I not see any of the new maps.  whats the point of a test server if the new maps are not on it?

TheOneAboveAII #2 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14320 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Trying out new tanks or tanks you don’t have...satisfying your gold spamming craving...killing russians and muricans...oh and the best thing...teamkilling russians in your shitbarn.

Negativvv #3 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8977 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
It's the perfect place to answer your own question of what's the best T10 to unlock instead of coming on here :trollface:

CmdRatScabies #4 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37605 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 08 August 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

...teamkilling russians in your shitbarn.

Whenever I play it I'm always amazed by the number of people playing Shitbarns.

Bennie182 #5 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53694 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostF2PEXP, on 08 August 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

those 2 things may just have been a bad session, but in over 2 hours I not see any of the new maps.  whats the point of a test server if the new maps are not on it?

the environment on the test server is even worse then on the EU servers.

I've been pushed out/teamkilled etc so many times as well. and indeed.. mostly Russian players who do it, and also constantly spam in their own language.

bad place for testing stuff. I've had 2 new maps and Pilsen, all only once, but after long long playing. trying out tanks makes no sense when it comes to armor. only goldspammers as always.

good example: platoon of 3x 60TP start teamkilling our E50-M. Then they keep on damaging allies until 2 are blue. killed both of them and of course we lost and 0 effort for testing anything once again. all 3 did between 1200-1500 team damage. all were Russian players. look more like they went into battle to do this on purpose.

Edited by Bennie182, 08 August 2018 - 01:06 PM.

F2PEXP #6 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:52 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3683 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 08 August 2018 - 12:41 PM, said:

Whenever I play it I'm always amazed by the number of people playing Shitbarns.

ahh the joys of playing the new polish heavy and a 'friendly RU idiot' shitbarning you up the [edited], fun games :unsure:

seeing the mentality of Russian players explains a lot about why the game mechanics are so retarded

Cobra6 #7 Posted 08 August 2018 - 12:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah it still baffles me that on an official server deemed for testing new tanks and gameplay you are not only allowed to team kill but there is also premium/gold ammo available.

- Teamkilling prevents your testers from testing.

- Premium ammo largely negates armor unless it's super thick or well-angled but anything that is not that will just get buttered. This skews test results and you can't test if armor holds up against standard ammo.

On a proper testserver run by a company in the grown-up world neither would be allowed as they both impact test results and testing ability. But this is unfortunately Wargaming we are talking about.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 08 August 2018 - 12:56 PM.

Negativvv #8 Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8977 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostCobra6, on 08 August 2018 - 12:55 PM, said:

Yeah it still baffles me that on an official server deemed for testing new tanks and gameplay you are not only allowed to team kill but there is also premium/gold ammo available.

- Premium ammo largely negates armor unless it's super thick or well-angled but anything that is not that will just get buttered. This skews test results and you can't test if armor holds up against standard ammo.

On a proper testserver run by a company in the grown-up world neither would be allowed as they both impact test results and testing ability. But this is unfortunately Wargaming we are talking about.

Cobra 6

Well the WoWS PT gives away rewards on the live server for wins and no one ever here punished for AFK farming them...

Cobra6 #9 Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNegativvv, on 08 August 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Well the WoWS PT gives away rewards on the live server for wins and no one ever here punished for AFK farming them...

Because WoWs is not handled by the same club-handed dudes and knuckle draggers that handle WoT, that is why ;)

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 08 August 2018 - 01:26 PM.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66275 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If team damage was off. Then I'm fairly sure you still can't test, because you are constantly blocked and pushed.  If they want to ruin it for you due to your EU tag, they will. That and if you get banned on test, you are banned on live. As has been proven before. A simpler solution would be to remove the server tags. It's why you got shot in the first place anyway. 

And you make it sound like gold ammo is not a thing on live. If they turned that off, you would be disappointed in a different way when you get the same tank on live facing tanks with a 30 to 50% gold spam usage on tier X. That suddenly makes your tank useless again. So why set your self up for disappointment?. Limit it on CT sure to 5 or 10 rounds vs 100% of the ammo load so you can get the mixed result with the armor testing. But removing it would also hide other results. As in finding a tank you can't pen with gold even would be out of it then. If gold was off, the crap storm would be bigger on live once the tank gets there, when they see they can't even pen the cupola or lower plate with 350 HEAT pen.  Seen that whine wagon before. But still, a cap on it would not hurt. But not removing it. If it's on live, it should still be there. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 August 2018 - 01:31 PM.

Bennie182 #11 Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53694 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 August 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

If they want to ruin it for you due to your EU tag, they will. That and if you get banned on test, you are banned on live. As has been proven before.

I don't know where you get that from. I've been banned on both and still was able to get on the other server on which I was not banned.

gunslingerXXX #12 Posted 08 August 2018 - 01:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11034 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

The same accounts for the testserver as the regular server; if you're not having fun, just quit.

I like the testserver to mess around with tanks, crew skills and premium ammo/consumables I will never reach on the regular server.

Also I don't really have problems with Russian or other players on testserver. Teamkilling is not extreme, if you keep getting shot by your own team, probably you are doing something wrong.

Simeon85 #13 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles
You can't really turn off friendly fire or premium ammo as those are both on live but what they should do is basically just restrict everyone to their current account without all the free XP and credits, but just have all the new tanks unlocked to try out. 

Dava_117 #14 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:12 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19460 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
When I played the test server, I didn't get any teamkill at all. The only thing I got, was an american player pushing my FV4005II with his type 5. Got a couple of AP round and left him for the enemy to finish off. 

Cobra6 #15 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You can still punish bad behavior on the test-server like they do on the regular server though, or indeed remove the server tag from players names.

As for premium ammo, yes it's being fired on the live server as well indeed but armor should not be balanced against premium ammo, it should be balanced against standard ammo so in a test environment you can switch premium ammo off.

If then on the live server it turns out premium ammo is negating armor and causing problems, you can address the premium ammo and in the end properly balance your game.

Cobra 6

FizzleMcSnizzle #16 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5341 battles
Sure. Play test server. Get taunted about recent events in Wiltshire. Much fun.

Warzey #17 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57073 battles
It's a good place to see how gold-proof new heavy tanks are. It's pretty much the worst case scenario, plus there are load so of people playing arty and British TDs, so we can see how painful HE shells are and so on. 

Bordhaw #18 Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11543 battles

View PostF2PEXP, on 08 August 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

That's why you go to the section called "Team Training" on the test server.

Forget playing randoms on the test server lol

Slyspy #19 Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14202 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Cobra 6

You are assuming that the open test is testing for balance etc. Personally I doubt that it is testing anything more than build stability. 

Cobra6 #20 Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostSlyspy, on 08 August 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

You are assuming that the open test is testing for balance etc. Personally I doubt that it is testing anything more than build stability. 

Well we all know that even the stages designed for balance testing are not being properly run otherwise we wouldn't get so many broken or overpowered vehicles on the live server.

So I do not see why the open testserver should not be for balance.

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users