T44 - Your opinion ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Filas #1 Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 1471 battles
I wanna know the rest of people opinions of T-44. IMO it's overpowered. It's fast, properly armored and can have a REALLY hard hitting gun.

3cxO #2 Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFilas, on 26 August 2010 - 02:28 AM, said:

I wanna know the rest of people opinions of T-44. IMO it's overpowered. It's fast, properly armored and can have a REALLY hard hitting gun.

The 122mm isn't a choice for a t44 due to rof.
It goes 50 odd km/h, a vk31p and many others are faster.
The armor I'd agree is decent, but even the regular 100mm d10t/8.8 pens it reliably.

It's not really all that imo. Overrated to the bone imo.

Also, inb4 the multiple "OP" posts :P

gabriel #3 Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:34 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostFilas, on 26 August 2010 - 02:28 AM, said:

Like the Panther, or the VK-DB, or the, or the  tor tehljalsdkfjasdlfjasdkfnpowe8haw93p587239oil

Timebomb #4 Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:40 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think its speed, size, and acceleration, and armament are a little ridiculous for the amount of health it has.

The armor is fine, I almost never ding them, but they can just soak up an irritating amount of damage (More than a KV-3? That's some bull right there) and get away. Its in a perfect little zone where its just a bit too fast to take down reliably with a heavy or an SPG, and all of the tanks that can keep up with it aren't powerful enough to take it down, or end up getting taken out by its superior armament.

Timebomb #5 Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:42 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postgabriel, on 26 August 2010 - 02:34 AM, said:

Like the Panther, or the VK-DB, or the, or the  tor tehljalsdkfjasdlfjasdkfnpowe8haw93p587239oil

The thing about the Panther and DB is that they are big, and somewhat easy to hit. Their acceleration isn't as good either (Or it doesn't seem to be as good).

Preditorian #6 Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I actually think its a well rounded tank and no OP at all, but everyone will have there own views on the tank.  You should play one first before making final judgment on the T-44.

The 100mm Guns is the same one on the T-34-85 and T-43, so its not likes it is new or anything.  One you notice how easy it is for the ammo rack to go boom or how bad it sucks to have your engines damaged from a PzIV then you will see the painful side of playing the tank.  If you have played the tiger then you know how easy it is to lose your ammo rank, same thing really.

The thing that makes the T-44 so successful is that its fast and holds its speed for alittle while in a turn.  So therefor it is able to pop in and get "cheap" hits and roll out. Or the circle of death. :)

If you dislike them alot then you can always get into a VK3002DB and upgrade it, if i did not know any better I would think that the VK3002DB is the Anti T-44.  Its gun fires faster, hits harder and pretty much ruins your day in a fight with it. Not to mention that the turret can track you with ease as your circle it. Oh yeah and it bounces shells with alarming frequency.

But all in all id say try them out first bud.

*On an addition note.  There has been several posts in regards to the T-44, so do not be surprised if a Mod moves/locks/deletes this topic. Just an FYI. :)

gabriel #7 Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:56 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTimebomb, on 26 August 2010 - 02:42 AM, said:

The thing about the Panther and DB is that they are big, and somewhat easy to hit. Their acceleration isn't as good either (Or it doesn't seem to be as good).

While they both have better guns , the long 88 being a good deal superior to the 100 or the 85  (and noone uses the 122 , including me before I sold my T 44). Yes, so OP that I sold it :)

rossmum #8 Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
While I tend to evacuate my bowels at the sight of a T-44 coming my way (and this is coming from a man who rolls in a fully-upgraded Panther), the 3002 with a Schmallturm is nearly as scary. Hell, even other Panthers (usually ones with wet ammo and anti-frag) give me a fright. The T-44 is fast, agile, and hits hard. I can kill them, but only if I can hit them first - a lot harder than it sounds with the long 88, which is yet another reason I still have the Ausf G turret so I can alternate between the two. They can circlestrafe anything with near impunity and soak up quite a few hits. Of all the medium tanks, it's probably not the fastest, but I'd definitely call it the most mobile.

The 3002 bounces shells with, as mentioned before, alarming frequency. I thought this was the greatest thing ever while I was still in one, but now it results in me promptly going to full astern at the mere sight of one. With the Schmallturm and 88 it can really ruin your day, and although it's weak once you do get a shell to actually penetrate, it's quite nimble. Enemy Panthers are just a pain because they're a match for me and being less experienced and also usually lagging badly, I always come off second best. The T-44 is far more intimidating to me because even on an even playing field I would still be in trouble.

Damonvile #9 Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:27 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I would rather face 15 T44s than see one arty in a battle.

PutinDoesPanzers #10 Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:02 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Had a T44 driver that must have read this thread yeste. He just drove in front of my Jagdpanzer 4 totally ignoring me for another tank and just continued driving in a straight line right in front of my 88mm. Two shots and he was gone :lol:

TempSGK #11 Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
I never played A T-44 before but I can say this, when the T44 goes slow = dead unlike other tanks the T44 is like everyone wants to shoot  it and above tier 6 tanks the T44 isn't that good. I think because of its speed I say the T44 is the ultimate scout tank but I think the panther is overall battle rounded its the best medium tank.

I think the survivability of the T44 is what most tankers fear, with the T44 being mobile it could evade the straight lines. (I see most strong turrets/guns shoot when the driver is either driving straight forward or straight backwards from the cannon due to running away etc.)
I have  witness A T-44 shooting the rear of my T-34 tank and it bounced off in point blank range.

OnboardG1 #12 Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:30 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
The major things that will save you in a T44 are your frontal armour and the mobility. The side armour is dreadful and since in a T44 you're going to be side on a lot you cant rely on it. Since getting the best engine it's become a much better tank for me. Faster and the engine doesn't break as much.

Oh I tried the 122mm the other day. Not as awful as everyone makes off, but you need to play it like a 3601 which can take off like a rocket.

destruya #13 Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Everyone who converts into the T-44 who's never driven one is going to be in for a nice surprise the first fifteen or so times they get ammo-racked, tracked, have their engine hit...

panzergulo #14 Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18410 battles
http://forum.worldof...ium-heavy-tank/

http://forum.worldof...ank-discussion/

Do we really need another T-44 thread?

I have a T-44 in my garage. And guess what? I'm driving more with my T-28 and T-34. Those two lower tier mediums are just more fun to me. They are mobile, they have firepower, their armor is paper, sure, but you can compensate it with proper tactics. Just a moment ago I had my two last battles before the server shutdown... and in a single battle I destroyed a KV, a KV-3 and a VK3601H with my T-34. Not bad, huh? I could have done the same with my T-44... but, that tank is also a high priority target, AND you lose credits if you play dumb with it. I just can't go as crazy, zooming around and among enemies and being a general pain in the butt, as I can with my lower tier tanks. That sort of tactics get the tank easily killed, even if it was a T-44.

So yeah... T-44 is lots of fun, it's very powerful... although, not all-powerful... an experienced heavy driver, or high tier medium driver can scrap it easily if they know what they are doing... detracking is almost like a death sentence to a T-44, at least I prefer using its mobility to my advantage... so I kinda prefer tiers 4-6, they are just more fun to me. I can do the same tricks, but there's not that "high priority target" sticker glued on my tank's glacis plate and I never have to fear losing credits.

T-44 is strong. But I wouldn't say it's OP. A tier 8 medium gives a lot of responsibility to its driver. Your team wants you to contribute, and the enemy team wants you killed. Nobody cares if a T-28 does a mad mid-battle rush and dies stupidly. But getting your T-44 scrapped early is like saying: "I don't care about teamplay. I just want to kill a few tanks to cover my repair bill and then exit the battle. So, screw you, team." That doesn't sound like a player with whom you would like to play battle after battle, does it? I have seen this kind of behavior, especially in Malinovka. I do it myself only if I am in one of my lower tier mediums, and my team seems not to know what they are doing, or it's Malinovka.

Yup... just my experiences and opinions. T-44 is fun, it's strong, but not OP, and you have to bear the responsibility it gives, which might sometimes lead to stressful situations. But try to enjoy the game, it is, after all, just a game.

Belrick #15 Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Best allround tank in the game for its tier and below. Also a lot of fun to drive. Just put the throttle on full and leave it there. The turret rotates faster than you can move the mouse! Any other tank in the game seems like its glued to the map in comparison to the T44 accelleration!

Anyone who tells you otherwise is ignorant or a liar.

Seriously, buy one. Its the bomb!

ps: Any other n00b who complains about T44 and its ammo explosions et al will get slapped by a wet fish as ALL late tier tanks have the same weakness. May as well show your intellegence to the forums by noting that water is indeed wet.

Destroid #16 Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostOnboardG1, on 26 August 2010 - 07:30 AM, said:

The major things that will save you in a T44 are your frontal armour and the mobility. The side armour is dreadful and since in a T44 you're going to be side on a lot you cant rely on it. Since getting the best engine it's become a much better tank for me. Faster and the engine doesn't break as much.

Oh I tried the 122mm the other day. Not as awful as everyone makes off, but you need to play it like a 3601 which can take off like a rocket.

Side armor is actually one of the T-44's strong points, compared to it's competitors in the VK3002DB and Panther, both of which have poorer side armor.

After the wipe I think I will try out the Panther and VK3002DB, although the T-44 sure is a lot of fun to play.

Sue #17 Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Having both a fully upgraded panther and t44 I have to say NO the t44 is NOT OP. It is good, but it SHOULD be. I would make the argument that it is on par with the DB with the amount of shells they bounce. And, the 100mm gun is mediocre at best. People just get mad because a tank can circle strafe them. With that logic the t34, and t28 are OP too because they both are agile and fast and can circle strafe higher tier tanks. The vast majority of the people crying about the t44 being OP have never driven one.

Get a t44 and grind 100 games in it and then come back and tell me its OP with all the module damages, fires, and ammo rack explosions.

Benaulim #18 Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 22089 battles
What Sue said. With random team setups, the often chaotic balances between teams and the T-44's known weaknesses anybody will have a hard time to even make a decent profit with it.

I am not saying I am losing money with it. But there are nights I do. In total there is a slow gain (without premium). 230+ battles with a T-44 (fully upgraded right from the start and a new crew trained to 75%, meanwhile equipped with wet ammo rack & gun stabilizer plus a maxed out crew with secondary skills around 80%) and still I rather switch to my T-43 or T-34 when I want to be sure I earn some credits. And yes, I consider myself a good player. Which doesn't mean I won't mess up every now and then.

Then again ... it is fun to play it. And that's what counts. Rather inexperienced players switching to the T-44 after the soft wipe will be unpleasantly surprised, though.

phawkins1988 #19 Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:04 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 2675 battles
I don't have a T44 (Panther driver instead) and I don't think it's OP.  It's fast, has a pretty good gun (but massively inferior to the long 88 on the Panther) but once it's tracked it's screwed.  I'd say it's only a bit better than the VK3002DB, and that's because of the extra penetration the 100mm has over the short 88.

I'll be sad if it gets too much of a nerf.

Wallie81 #20 Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7107 battles
I also have a T44 and will get one again after patch. I only play it with premium account tho because it isn't profitable without it.

Since the T44 is the grandfather of all Main Battle Tanks (MBT), which traded armor protection for mobility, your main weapon is your speed and agility. In that respect there is no equal apart from maybe a Leo or A20. The fact that once spotted you are at the top of everone's kill list sort of cancels out any OP-ness it might have. Battles aren't won because the other team has a T44 and you don't. Decent tactics will win every time. Also if the T44 driver isn't using the tank's best assets, mentioned before, then it is just as usefull/less as any other camping hillbilly with a decent gun.
I haven't noticed any increase in module damage. It is probably more the fact that you get hit with bigger guns and where you would normally be 1-shotted in a lower tier tank, in the T44 u survive but with the added bonus of broken modules. Plus of course the HE exploit but that will be fixed soon, hopefully.

It is the best medium in the game at the moment, imho, but isn't OP as many say, again imho.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users