T44 - Your opinion ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

lammaer #161 Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 25256 battles
  • [DAILY] DAILY
T44 is imba for people who dont have one and underpowered when they own one.

I was always envied T44s till the last week, when I finally got it. Fully upgraded, sometimes I get raped, sometimes I make wonders and pick off 4 enemy arties when the rest of their team is around me and trying to stop me.

The biggest thing I miss on T44 is a better gun than the 100mm (122mm is not an option).

Sykotic #162 Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postlammaer, on 07 October 2010 - 04:09 PM, said:

T44 is imba for people who dont have one and underpowered when they own one.

I was always envied T44s till the last week, when I finally got it. Fully upgraded, sometimes I get raped, sometimes I make wonders and pick off 4 enemy arties when the rest of their team is around me and trying to stop me.
When I drive my T-44 I am either going to have a great game (4+ kills) or I am going to die fast. I don't seem to have those in-between games. I rarely even go off solo either, it just seems to be one game I can't be stopped and the next I am tracked and killed in 2 shots. Maybe I just need to L2Pn00b.

gulden #163 Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:05 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

When I drive my T-44 I am either going to have a great game (4+ kills) or I am going to die fast. I don't seem to have those in-between games. I rarely even go off solo either, it just seems to be one game I can't be stopped and the next I am tracked and killed in 2 shots. Maybe I just need to L2Pn00b.

I know that feeling so well... Some games, I'm King of the Hill, regardless of whether I go off solo, stick with the group, keep moving or use cover to ambush. Other games I'm a 1 shot kill - left smouldering at the bottom of the hill trying to figure out how I died so quickly  :Smile_harp: .

enu_ #164 Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22818 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
going solo with T-44 is a death for sure, our platoon is always 2 T-44s and some other tank (tiger, panther, is, is3) or better 3 T-44s it's another story
and in one battle there was another platoon of 3 T-44s, that was terror on battleground, 6xT-44 killed everything in minutes

Zver #165 Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
T-44 is a fine tank. It's really a tank that preys on opportunity. I've seen too many T-44 drivers play it like a heavy tank and get wtfpwned. T-44 shines in the middle of the battle when tanks are damaged and spread out. I usually spend first part of the battle waiting to see stragglers or targets of opportunity (i.e enemy charged one way, I would go the other way and pick on the arties).

A good T-44 driver is like a shark - feel the blood, get there, bite it and get the fuck away. 75% of my deaths come from poor judgment, when I think the enemy is hurt or alone and I get there to find a TK in the bushes. In addition T-44 is amazing when supporting heavies such as IS-4s and IS-7s. You let them find the targets and you strike quickly to take them out or defend the heavies from the other mediums.

On the last note T-44 is the only tank in game that can do circles effectively around heavies and be able to get away if needed (provided you don't get tracked, but thank God many people use autoaim to target circling T-44).

I have about 500ish games on my T-44, granted some people have more, but I think it's the sweetest piece of metal in this game. Especially when grouped up with another T-44 or panther.

-Z

PS. Hail to all T-44 comrades :)

Sykotic #166 Posted 08 October 2010 - 07:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Most games now in my T-44 I do one of two things at the start of the battle:

1. Go out a ways and intercept the enemy scouts as they come racing in.
2. Find the biggest, baddest, Heavy Tank on my team (Tier 8+ only) and go with them. They tend to get targeted more than I will so I can pick off people that are attacking them. Works really well when it is me in my T-44 and 2 or 3 Super Heavy Tanks.

Valeriadrina #167 Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12826 battles
This tank is just random, even more so than other tanks I`ve tried. Since it only takes 3 hits from heavy guns to kill you (less if ammo racked), you can`t afford to go into firing lanes. But firepower of this tank is only mediocore as well, and so is accuracy. So I would have to agree with people who say that you should hang back and only play agressively once field has been thinned down to maybe half of the tanks remaining. At that point you can actually maneuver and isolate targets, fighting more than one tank at a time is a costly gamble often ending with minus sign on your pocketbook.

Interestingly enough, my biggest successes with this tank usually involve using slow 122mm cannon and sniping from angles where enemy isn`t expecting it. You can also relocate very fast. And no shooting unless you have a clear, surefire shot lined up. Can also instapop most arties with one shot, which isn`t guaranteed with 100mm.

enu_ #168 Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22818 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
here's one battle :)

Posted Imagehttp://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1075/shot006a.th.jpg

i always use 100mm gun

this one was one of my favorite games

Posted Image

we sneak out to those Tigers an JgPanthers and demolished them :)

Goodk4t #169 Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:37 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
T44 driver here, i absolutely love the damn thing.

Get yourself a wet ammo rack so it doesn't blow as easily, and keep moving. Haven't been ammoracked ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users