Jump to content


T44 - Your opinion ?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
168 replies to this topic

Simonica #21 Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:20 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 23014 battles
  • 65
  • Member since:
    07-22-2010
Played VK3002Db with all the upgrades and 100% crew. It's a decent tank and can move tho acceleration is not that great. You can bounce a lot, but can't take more than 2 hits without losing at least one system. That being said, the problem with ammo exploding can easily be solved by NOT loading all the ammo it can fit. 10 shells less, and ammo explosions are not that often.
When you move in with high speed you can do with it pretty much anything you could do with T44, and VK is one tier lower than T44 and should be compared with T43.
Most enjoyable tanks are still one tier lower than these tanks. Just put an 88mm gun on a VK3001P and you'll know what I'm talking about :Smile-playing:

Twist #22 Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 10023 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
I have both T44 and Panther maxed with crew at 100%.

I don't really think T44 is op, it's just more fun to play for me. It's a very agile tank, nice armor and good "health", but I don't like the cannon it's not very accurate most of the time.

Compared to Panther it's faster, turns better, has less health and armor and a much worse cannon.

I really preffer the T44 because it's speed, you can really do some awesome close combats, but if you face any experiencied player they'll just destroy your chains at first shot (it's just too easy to hit chains with manual aiming) and then kill you at pleasure.

So killing a T44 is that simple, aim the chains, then the back ... with just 1030 hp for a Tier 8 tank isn't that hard to kill.

So it is a good tank, yes. It is OP ? Not really (unless you try to defeat it using its best weapons, speed and fast turning).

My 2 cents. :P

anthrakz #23 Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010
To all the people who keep saying the T44 has LESS armor than the Panther, it does not. The Panther is running around with, if I remember correctly 80/50/40, while the T44 is 90/75/45. The Panther is also a lot easier to hit because is much bigger and taller than a T44. Every T44 that has popped out at me from bushes has been able to circle of death me due to almost double the turret speed, turning radius, and overall speed, is enough to make me vomit because I can't track that T44 fast enough to make any shots land reliably. The only time a Panthers gun comes into play is when you try to stand and outgun it, in which case, you probably deserve to get blown up. Someone said best in another thread, "the Panther is really a heavy tank without the armor".

phawkins1988 #24 Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:12 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 2675 battles
  • 156
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010

View Postanthrakz, on 26 August 2010 - 01:06 PM, said:

To all the people who keep saying the T44 has LESS armor than the Panther, it does not. The Panther is running around with, if I remember correctly 80/50/40, while the T44 is 90/75/45. The Panther is also a lot easier to hit because is much bigger and taller than a T44. Every T44 that has popped out at me from bushes has been able to circle of death me due to almost double the turret speed, turning radius, and overall speed, is enough to make me vomit because I can't track that T44 fast enough to make any shots land reliably. The only time a Panthers gun comes into play is when you try to stand and outgun it, in which case, you probably deserve to get blown up. Someone said best in another thread, "the Panther is really a heavy tank without the armor".
If you're in a Panther, you should NEVER be on your own.  A Panther, plus another decent medium or a heavy can easily track and kill a T44.  If you play a Panther like you'd play a T44 (ie. lone wolfing it sometimes) you're in for a rude awakening.

Preditorian #25 Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:14 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    04-13-2010

View PostSimonica, on 26 August 2010 - 10:20 AM, said:

Played VK3002Db with all the upgrades and 100% crew. It's a decent tank and can move tho acceleration is not that great. You can bounce a lot, but can't take more than 2 hits without losing at least one system. That being said, the problem with ammo exploding can easily be solved by NOT loading all the ammo it can fit. 10 shells less, and ammo explosions are not that often.
When you move in with high speed you can do with it pretty much anything you could do with T44, and VK is one tier lower than T44 and should be compared with T43.
Most enjoyable tanks are still one tier lower than these tanks. Just put an 88mm gun on a VK3001P and you'll know what I'm talking about :Smile-playing:


It has been mentioned before that the amount of shells you have loaded has nothing to do with your chances to have a ammo rack explosion. FYI :)

Armandez #26 Posted 26 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    08-10-2010
I don't have any issues with the T-44. It definitely IS hard hitting and fast but other than that even when I was using my Panzer IV with its best gun it took at best 4-5 shots to kill it. So I don't really have too many issues with it, on the other hand you have the DB and Panther which are bigger and slower but more armored. To be honest each Faction has advantages and disadvantages. The T-44 is seen as good cause it is hard to hit and hard hitting, stings hard and stings fast. While the Germans are more on the side of hitting hard and taking the punishment.

Kayos #27 Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 75
  • Member since:
    07-27-2010

View PostSimonica, on 26 August 2010 - 10:20 AM, said:

Played VK3002Db with all the upgrades and 100% crew. It's a decent tank and can move tho acceleration is not that great. You can bounce a lot, but can't take more than 2 hits without losing at least one system. That being said, the problem with ammo exploding can easily be solved by NOT loading all the ammo it can fit. 10 shells less, and ammo explosions are not that often.
When you move in with high speed you can do with it pretty much anything you could do with T44, and VK is one tier lower than T44 and should be compared with T43.
Most enjoyable tanks are still one tier lower than these tanks. Just put an 88mm gun on a VK3001P and you'll know what I'm talking about :Smile-playing:

It doesn't matter how much ammo you have, the Dev's have stated it makes no difference before.

View PostArmandez, on 26 August 2010 - 04:47 PM, said:

I don't have any issues with the T-44. It definitely IS hard hitting and fast but other than that even when I was using my Panzer IV with its best gun it took at best 4-5 shots to kill it. So I don't really have too many issues with it, on the other hand you have the DB and Panther which are bigger and slower but more armored. To be honest each Faction has advantages and disadvantages. The T-44 is seen as good cause it is hard to hit and hard hitting, stings hard and stings fast. While the Germans are more on the side of hitting hard and taking the punishment.

You would never have a chance to 4 or 5 shot a T-44 in your PzIV because he would one shot you.

OnboardG1 #28 Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:22 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
  • 109
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010

View PostDestroid, on 26 August 2010 - 09:14 AM, said:

Side armor is actually one of the T-44's strong points, compared to it's competitors in the VK3002DB and Panther, both of which have poorer side armor.

After the wipe I think I will try out the Panther and VK3002DB, although the T-44 sure is a lot of fun to play.

The side armour has the same problem as the tiger armour does. Lots of it, but it's flat as a board. Anything t5 and above will go through it. Again, as long as you keep weaving that isn't a desperate problem.

The frontal armour with that marvellous 45 degrees of slope is great with the 122mm as I found out last night. I sat in front of several t5-6 mediums in the alley of death in himmelsdorf after my engine got hit by a panzer iii a of all things. They couldn't get through the front and I popped each of them with a single shot.

Benden #29 Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:45 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 14089 battles
  • 397
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010

View PostOnboardG1, on 26 August 2010 - 05:22 PM, said:

The side armour has the same problem as the tiger armour does. Lots of it, but it's flat as a board. Anything t5 and above will go through it. Again, as long as you keep weaving that isn't a desperate problem.

The frontal armour with that marvellous 45 degrees of slope is great with the 122mm as I found out last night. I sat in front of several t5-6 mediums in the alley of death in himmelsdorf after my engine got hit by a panzer iii a of all things. They couldn't get through the front and I popped each of them with a single shot.

I was driving russian TD up to the ISU-152 and medium russian tanks up to T34-85 and From experience, compared to other tanks, medium ones included like the panther or a DB etc. the T44 seems Overpowered.
It's too well armored for such a fast and nimble tank. It also seems to be always accurate on the move. The 100mm gun if used by T44 seems to be same as my t34-85 one.
I usually don't whine or complain about other tanks but in this case...

Benaulim #30 Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:47 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 22089 battles
  • 262
  • Member since:
    07-13-2010

View PostKayos, on 26 August 2010 - 05:15 PM, said:

(...) You would never have a chance to 4 or 5 shot a T-44 in your PzIV because he would one shot you.

Did you ever play a T-44? I do. And with the 100mm gun in dogfights where you can't use manual aim there are few relevant tanks I can take out with one shot (disregarding luck and crits, of course). The other day I even needed 3 shells for a PzIII. Admittedly unusual. However T-28s as well as most higher SPGs easily eat 2 shells, Leopards tend to bounce half of my shots and many TDs need like 3+ shells even when I am hugging their rears.

In short ... whenever an enemy is aware of me and somewhat skilled (read: keeps moving) the chance to kill it with one shot drastically goes down. That said I do not deny that as far as targets are concerned I always prefer a PzIV to a VK3601, for instance. Then again it's a considerably lower tier.

Summing it up this game is about teamplay. If you got a pack (of mediums) with a T-44 the T-44 will shine because of its speed and as distraction while the others actually shoot down the targets. If a lone T-44 runs into a pack of enemies who aren't too stupid it's either lost or might get away heavily damaged. Last but not least in a 1:1 the T-44 needs space and flat terrain to make use of its agility. And we all know that on the current maps spots providing those conditions are either limited or avoided. Which is one of the reasons why on many maps I enjoy rushing the enemy's base after the initial shootout to cause havoc there.

Wylker #31 Posted 26 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 67
  • Member since:
    07-11-2010
There is already a 10+ page thread that has covered every single point brought up in this thread. I mean hell it's not even on a different page.

http://forum.worldof...ium-heavy-tank/

ZomgPonies #32 Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:05 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 6
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010
I currently drive a VK3001P. Was about to get my DB, but haven't had a chance to try it. I LOVED my P3/4 I could circle anything and easily get 3/4 kills a round with it. The P was a lot harder to use -- Fast top speed, slow accel, slow turn but decent gun.

What should I aim for? T-44 or DB/Panther?

PS -- I'll be getting a P3/4 as my money tank again that little guy is too much fun to use.

tramazi #33 Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 22933 battles
  • 440
  • [TAC] TAC
  • Member since:
    07-25-2010
I did a spreadsheet thing and the T-44 came out best overall, I cant wait to get one

lilov #34 Posted 26 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31768 battles
  • 198
  • [EPIC] EPIC
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
I had both the Panther and the T-44 and I really think that the german tank is better in 1 on 1. Yeah, the T-44 can circle you, but not fast enough. And in the end of the day you still have 300 more HP and much better gun. So it's not OP, it's just much better version of the Leopard - fast, well armored, with nice gun(but not comparable to the long 88) and hard to hit.

lilov #35 Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31768 battles
  • 198
  • [EPIC] EPIC
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
Well, against Panther with my T-44 I  couldn't kill them consistently(that is with the rammer and gun stabilization). On the other hand with my Panther(same equipment) I killed T-44 every time when we are at full health and go 1 on 1. I can hit him when he is coming at me and that takes up to 20%. From the on it's easy(kind of).

LiannaSilverwind #36 Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:35 PM

    Veteran

  • Veteran
  • 5460 battles
  • 957
  • [JOKE] JOKE
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
I call my T-44 Lottery Tank. You just play with Lady Luck every battle. You can get lucky and destroy many enemies. You can get unlucky and be oneshotted by first Luchs you encounter. This tank is very good when Lady Luck is with you.
I never understood why people are afraid of it. I encountered it many times on my mediums/heavies and never felt it was as overpowered as people claim. Besides - if Lady Luck abandons it, it's gone after 1st shot.

Sakuzhi #37 Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 404
  • Member since:
    07-15-2010
Hrm...

I'd say, The Tiger can handle it sort've, as long as it isn't an open field. Which then again the Tiger "Counts" as Tier higher as per the auto-balancer, so they would be proper.


In the King Tiger. It is a hunter with a spear, pissing off a Grizzy bear, the hunter gets a few stabs in before his face gets ripped off.

All and all, the only way I can say, balance wise.. check it against the Panther, which is much subject of debate.

100 battle sample, with details regarding number of module hits/fires, would prove the point.

Hyena #38 Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 1390 battles
  • 387
  • Member since:
    07-28-2010
As a Tiger1 driver I always hated going up against T-44s because their speed was that much better, they could just run rings around you all day. If you could take out their tracks/engine before they had a chance it wasn't so bad, although I did always used to bounce a lot of shots off them, even when aiming at the wheels which was.. odd  :Smile-hiding:

Sakuzhi #39 Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 404
  • Member since:
    07-15-2010
That's the note about not fighting it in an open field, if that happens.. you are mostly screwed in a TIger x.x

EgoBruiser #40 Posted 26 August 2010 - 09:01 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 54
  • Member since:
    07-13-2010

View Postcnumartyr, on 26 August 2010 - 07:50 PM, said:

The T-44 is an amazing tank and has the ability to go head to head (1v1) with almost every tank.  I won 9 out of 10 battles with my T-44 against equally moduled Panthers when pitted one vs one.  Once we added 2v2 with two T-44s and two Panthers, the Panthers did much better.

The T-44 just isn't as lethal as the Panther.  The Panther is a much better group tank in my opinion, while the T-44 is probably one of the best "lone wolf" tanks in the game.



Disagree, but only because I've done numerous 1v1s with other Panther drivers, whom I consider to be equally skilled.

It also helps your a dam good T-44 driver bro :)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users