Jump to content


avoiding public games without joining a clan


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

BigFellas_Dad #1 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:34 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41732 battles
  • 1,610
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

Hi there, a long long time no speak.  I hope you are all doing well

 

Ive come back to the game recently and other than playing absolutely terribly (really, its embarrasing), im MASSIVELY frustrated with MM, 3-5-7 and the general level of players these days,  ive already returned to the prior assumption that the game will not have any form of team play and the top tier tanks will do zero damage and die behind the rocks next to arty so i sort of dont give a damn how it goes...

 

I dont really have the time these days for clan play, again I was never that good (i did have my moments) but I thought playing with a team under a commander was just fantastic and i thoroughly enjoyed it, whether we won or lost.  (won == we played well, lost == commander was terrible; win/win :) )

 

Im wondering, before i decide to just leave the game again, whether there is such a thing as a more casual thing going on, of course TDU/WJDE where awesome as was one of the last clans I was in, I just cant put the hours in these days though, but im missing the fun.

 



XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51196 battles
  • 2,040
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Team battles where you can grind good credits and XP away from randoms or you can play strongholds as a legionnaire.

 

Oh, and welcome back ofc! :)



SuedKAT #3 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,604
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014
Well we are still doing some random TB's now and then, if I'm not mistaken RamRaid90 is the one starting them most of the time, I'm sure you just as me can derp around and do what ever and join in when ever you feel like it if you want to. Saw you in battle a week or so ago, but you didn't reply in chat :/

Edited by SuedKAT, 08 August 2018 - 02:41 PM.


BigFellas_Dad #4 Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41732 battles
  • 1,610
  • Member since:
    06-19-2013

View PostSuedKAT, on 08 August 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Well we are still doing some random TB's now and then, if I'm not mistaken RamRaid90 is the one starting them most of the time, I'm sure you just as me can derp around and do what ever and join in when ever you feel like it if you want to. Saw you in battle a week or so ago, but you didn't reply in chat :/

 

Ok o7 :)  and apologies for not seeing your chat :(  I normally keep my eye on it as well so i dont know what happened there.

Long_Range_Sniper #5 Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 33393 battles
  • 9,152
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

Forumites channel used to have a good few in and still does on some days but it seems to have lost its way. You used to generally always find someone in there who was up for a toon if there wasn't a Dinger around.

 

Friday evenings are the time for Dinger TB and a few FC's throw out invites quite regularly. I've not managed it over the last couple of weeks but they're good fun.



Jigabachi #6 Posted 08 August 2018 - 03:45 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,531
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Noone forces you to put hour after hour into the game again. If you want to play some matches, simply ask for a platoon. When I actively platooned a few years ago, it was always for just half an hour or so. Just a few matches. That should still work...

Edited by Jigabachi, 08 August 2018 - 03:53 PM.


Joggaman #7 Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:06 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24369 battles
  • 6,483
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

We would be happy to take you back in, mate!

Draw the fish:popcorn:



wsatnutter #8 Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25360 battles
  • 7,984
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

good to see you back m8 and yes we still toon out of the forumites channel some new faces still arriving



Baldrickk #9 Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 30490 battles
  • 14,606
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013
Welcome Back!

PM me if you want to toon, or I'll try to be in forumites channel (really want an auto channel login mod)

I'd offer you a place as a Merc but my clan is pretty dead as far as WOT goes

Edited by Baldrickk, 08 August 2018 - 04:44 PM.


I_DiD_ #10 Posted 08 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1462 battles
  • 588
  • [PGGY] PGGY
  • Member since:
    04-13-2014

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 August 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Team battles where you can grind good credits and XP away from randoms or you can play strongholds as a legionnaire.

 

Oh, and welcome back ofc! :)

 

Ofc leaders will pick you in team battles/SH with stock tank(Will you pick me, if i come to your SH with stock Pantera 44?).Maybe few battles, but after lose strikes or bad game play they will ask you to change the tank.

Its not funny if you lose match after match+ you don't earn that extra credit or exp much.

And then we have T9 tanks which also need some love to get your TX tank, who will pick a T9 tank in T10 SH? Like wroted above

 

And now we have random matches ,which need a asap fix in that new rly rly rly bad 3-5-7 system and such bad players base. Like OP wrote, if you have bad players at high tier tank, you are 99% losing that match.

 

Just example of my recent game, not a single TX did more then one shoot damage

Spoiler

 

 



PiFouX #11 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:11 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25845 battles
  • 194
  • [DANDY] DANDY
  • Member since:
    05-13-2011

View PostBigFellas_Dad, on 08 August 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

I dont really have the time these days for clan play, again I was never that good (i did have my moments) but I thought playing with a team under a commander was just fantastic and i thoroughly enjoyed it, whether we won or lost.  (won == we played well, lost == commander was terrible; win/win :) )

 

Ditto !

 

I am sure you'll be able to find platoon mates anytime on the forumite channel...

 

Welcome back and keep enjoying the game at your pace !:great:



XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51196 battles
  • 2,040
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostI_DiD_, on 08 August 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

 

Ofc leaders will pick you in team battles/SH with stock tank(Will you pick me, if i come to your SH with stock Pantera 44?).Maybe few battles, but after lose strikes or bad game play they will ask you to change the tank.

Its not funny if you lose match after match+ you don't earn that extra credit or exp much.

And then we have T9 tanks which also need some love to get your TX tank, who will pick a T9 tank in T10 SH? Like wroted above

 

And now we have random matches ,which need a asap fix in that new rly rly rly bad 3-5-7 system and such bad players base. Like OP wrote, if you have bad players at high tier tank, you are 99% losing that match.

 

Just example of my recent game, not a single TX did more then one shoot damage

Spoiler

 

 

 

  • Did i mention stock or fully upgraded tanks?
  • The OP asked for an alternative to randoms and one alternative is team battles, simple as that!


Mike_Mckay #13 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21343 battles
  • 1,554
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    09-02-2015

View PostBigFellas_Dad, on 08 August 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Hi there, a long long time no speak.  I hope you are all doing well

 

Ive come back to the game recently and other than playing absolutely terribly (really, its embarrasing), im MASSIVELY frustrated with MM, 3-5-7 and the general level of players these days,  ive already returned to the prior assumption that the game will not have any form of team play and the top tier tanks will do zero damage and die behind the rocks next to arty so i sort of dont give a damn how it goes...

 

I dont really have the time these days for clan play, again I was never that good (i did have my moments) but I thought playing with a team under a commander was just fantastic and i thoroughly enjoyed it, whether we won or lost.  (won == we played well, lost == commander was terrible; win/win :) )

 

Im wondering, before i decide to just leave the game again, whether there is such a thing as a more casual thing going on, of course TDU/WJDE where awesome as was one of the last clans I was in, I just cant put the hours in these days though, but im missing the fun.

 

 

Such an absolutist lol


When you lose yeah "sometimes" it might be because youre "commander" didn't do a good job, others it WILL have been because no matter how good the commander might be, give him a bunch of chimps and he has nothing to work with, a quite common possibility you seem to "conveniently" fail to add to the list of possible reasons then of course the entire team, commander too could have played a fantastic game, but, against a team that was just "better"


That smacks of the kind of person who screams "idiots" in game chat when their team isn't winning as though the entire team (except them in their tiny little minds) are all [edited]being the ONLY possible reason. made funnier by the fact that the person doing it is rarely the best player on the team to begin with AND that they were usually over extended and one of the first players to die


this misplaced arrogance seems to be extremely common on WOT, I for one am at best a mediocre player, not helped by working long hours and generally having to cram my WOT playing time, TV watching or computer/DVR configuration time into the same space. Yet despite generally being one of, if not the worst players in games above tier 7 still regularly place in the top 5 or 10 only to get called all manner of names and blamed for losing the team the game quite often by better players who got less kills, less damage and less XP for that game

 

 

GROW UP


Sometimes you can do everything right and STILL lose, other games you can do everything wrong and still win, some games the skill differential has pretty much decided the outcome of the game before the timer even starts, sometimes in your teams favour, other times in the other teams favour. Sometimes you can have the better team by far but whom then decide to do a lemming train which fails miserably whilst the inferior team takes easy control of the entire rest of the map and brackets you in a flanking move or who do a quick cap before your "superior" players can correct their idiotic game play


That's just the game and its unlikely to change any time soon



I_DiD_ #14 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 1462 battles
  • 588
  • [PGGY] PGGY
  • Member since:
    04-13-2014

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 August 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

 

 alternative is team battles, simple as that!

 

Will you pick me in with stock tank? I come with every stock tier and probably with 80% crew in it



XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51196 battles
  • 2,040
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostI_DiD_, on 08 August 2018 - 06:19 PM, said:

 

Will you pick me in with stock tank? I come with every stock tier and probably with 80% crew in it

 

Never been in that position so i don't know!

Aimless #16 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:32 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 23458 battles
  • 2,604
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-19-2010

View PostI_DiD_, on 08 August 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

 

Will you pick me in with stock tank? I come with every stock tier and probably with 80% crew in it

 

where's the problem? Unless you behave like a princess or stand/drive around looking at the birds, i don't see any.  :B

XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:35 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 51196 battles
  • 2,040
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostAimless, on 08 August 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

 

where's the problem? Unless you behave like a princess or stand/drive around looking at the birds, i don't see any.  :B

 

Birds flying out of the bushes on top of Prokhorovka's hill indicates some light or med in those bushes. :)

UrQuan #18 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:52 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20056 battles
  • 6,520
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

On a casual level, I believe Dingers are among the best for Teambattles. Relaxed atmosphere, much freedom in picking tanks (mainly make sure you got a basic understanding of your tank & how to pen/annoy others)

We don't have much commanders, but they're great, each with their own flair. We might not win as much as the better clans, but we're surprisingly no slouches either as we keep our WR on a 50% level. Pretty nice for a casual clan that doesn't train & just goes with whatever we can group together.

Part of that success is likely our weird lineups at times, everyone knows how to handle a group of IS-3 tanks or whatever goes around now. But what you do when fighting a variety mix of tanks?

 

The unyielding KV-4

 


Edited by UrQuan, 08 August 2018 - 06:00 PM.


SuedKAT #19 Posted 08 August 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 12154 battles
  • 6,604
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-21-2014

View PostUrQuan, on 08 August 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

On a casual level, I believe Dingers are among the best for Teambattles. Relaxed atmosphere, much freedom in picking tanks (mainly make sure you got a basic understanding of your tank & how to pen/annoy others)

We don't have much commanders, but they're great, each with their own flair. We might not win as much as the better clans, but we're surprisingly no slouches either as we keep our WR on a 50% level. Pretty nice for a casual clan that doesn't train & just goes with whatever we can group together.

Part of that success is likely our weird lineups at times, everyone knows how to handle a group of IS-3 tanks or whatever goes around now. But what you do when fighting a variety mix of tanks?

 

I still remember our best strategy ever, you and me in KV-4's parked sideways in the cap, dead of course, all while the rest of the team cover behind us and cap the base :P

UrQuan #20 Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20056 battles
  • 6,520
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostSuedKAT, on 08 August 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

 

I still remember our best strategy ever, you and me in KV-4's parked sideways in the cap, dead of course, all while the rest of the team cover behind us and cap the base :P

 

The KV-4tress, even in death, it still lives up its name :B




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users