Jump to content


Number of arties in a game on average

arties mm

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Sfinski #1 Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32252 battles
  • 2,747
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

So, because we have max 3 arties per game and having 0 arty games also are an option, the average number of arties should be 1,5, "ideally". 

 

I kept track on the number of arties on my games for a while and got 2,18. 2 and 3 arty games were by far the most, then came 1 arty and last by huge margin, 0 arty games. 0 arty games were around once in 20 games...

 

So once in 20 games, I can actually play freely and not get focused. That ain't fun at all. There needs to be limit of 1 arty max. I know that would mean no arty free games, but at least with 1 arty, there is some 30 second time window of not being shot. 2 or more it gets far too constant. 

 

To people saying "move" etc., there's limited number of spots in every map you can play, and most of those arties can shoot. Dodging is not an option. It doesn't work unless you're constantly moving in a light. Which means not taking any shots unless you're circling a tank. And then there needs not to be more than one enemy tank. Rest of the tanks can't avoid arty in any way except hiding because they are too slow, which means not fighting for a win. 

 

And to mods, no I won't post to the arty thread. It's only purpose is to hide the issues in one place so WG can ignore it. 

 

tldr: Limit arty to 1/side if removal isn't an option. The number of arties/game is way too high with 2,18 on average. 



sgtYester #2 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:25 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54758 battles
  • 1,686
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

move and not get hit by arty? when?  with the huge splash buff they will "hit" u anyways. Arty needed a rework but got overbuffed so much.

 

1 hit will detrack you, deal damage, stun you, and ofc take out a module or kill 1/2 crewmembers...every 25 seconds...  

 

it now is so that when i get an open map with 3 arty.. i just go back to garage. sorry for the team but i play to have fun and not hide as far back to not get spotted cause that means insta arty rain and death.

 

wg even covertly admits this by not allowing arty platoons.

 

so yeah, 1 max or remove from randoms



NoobySkooby #3 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 15088 battles
  • 3,764
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostsgtYester, on 09 August 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

move and not get hit by arty? when?  with the huge splash buff they will "hit" u anyways. Arty needed a rework but got overbuffed so much.

 

1 hit will detrack you, deal damage, stun you, and ofc take out a module or kill 1/2 crewmembers...every 25 seconds...  

 

it now is so that when i get an open map with 3 arty.. i just go back to garage. sorry for the team but i play to have fun and not hide as far back to not get spotted cause that means insta arty rain and death.

 

wg even covertly admits this by not allowing arty platoons.

 

so yeah, 1 max or remove from randoms

 

For once I agree with you, although it would then lead to everyone in the team asking for help hitting xyz target, too much for one arty to deal with so two should be the absolute max, no need for three, although arty platoons of two which are well coordinated could help support the team.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:32 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,594
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
Two per side + further rebalance. Simples.

/thread

DarkPacifist #5 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 27888 battles
  • 193
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013

View PostNoobySkooby, on 09 August 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

 

For once I agree with you, although it would then lead to everyone in the team asking for help hitting xyz target, too much for one arty to deal with so two should be the absolute max, no need for three, although arty platoons of two which are well coordinated could help support the team.

 

a two spg platoon is not an option, if they want to focus you then rip your game. I agree that 2 arties max per game would be better though, and 1 would be great, but we're not going to see that after a while...

 

(do not forget that arta prevents camping kappa)



Bennie182 #6 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:37 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54921 battles
  • 1,773
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostSfinski, on 09 August 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

So, because we have max 3 arties per game and having 0 arty games also are an option, the average number of arties should be 1,5, "ideally". 

 

I kept track on the number of arties on my games for a while and got 2,18. 2 and 3 arty games were by far the most, then came 1 arty and last by huge margin, 0 arty games. 0 arty games were around once in 20 games...

 

So once in 20 games, I can actually play freely and not get focused. That ain't fun at all. There needs to be limit of 1 arty max. I know that would mean no arty free games, but at least with 1 arty, there is some 30 second time window of not being shot. 2 or more it gets far too constant. 

 

To people saying "move" etc., there's limited number of spots in every map you can play, and most of those arties can shoot. Dodging is not an option. It doesn't work unless you're constantly moving in a light. Which means not taking any shots unless you're circling a tank. And then there needs not to be more than one enemy tank. Rest of the tanks can't avoid arty in any way except hiding because they are too slow, which means not fighting for a win. 

 

And to mods, no I won't post to the arty thread. It's only purpose is to hide the issues in one place so WG can ignore it. 

 

tldr: Limit arty to 1/side if removal isn't an option. The number of arties/game is way too high with 2,18 on average. 

I noticed the same. WG says there will be 0 arties once in a while. It's very very rare to have that. Sometimes even arties focussing all the same guy is just frustrating as hell. Since the lame stun effect came in the game it's nearly impossible to dodge arty shells.



Igor_BL #7 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 41186 battles
  • 1,467
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    06-10-2015

1 per side should be max.

 

Sfinski, i counted 25 games, with tierX.  games played on 7.8. and 8.8. Played only 430U and Paton.

19 full tierX matches + 54 arties in total (enemy team only, ofc). That is almost the same result, 2.16 per game.



malaquey #8 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30205 battles
  • 202
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013
I guess one would be a huge improvement over this bs atm. 3 arties with the possibility to see your in-game stats can ruin ones day for sure.

jack_timber #9 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34529 battles
  • 2,247
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
So if 1,2 or 3 arty focus "you" then you become the whipping boy for the other 14, so it's all down to whos name is drawn out of the hat.

Negativvv #10 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:40 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9608 battles
  • 1,133
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

I barely play HTs anymore as triple arty MM on maps like Prok and Malin are basically AFK time as the first HT to push will get rekted.

 

T10 arty, even one can be brutal as their splash and alpha are so epic.



Keyanu #11 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10223 battles
  • 397
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011
1 arty per side should be max. And if that means more waiting times for arty players, then so be it.

Sfinski #12 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32252 battles
  • 2,747
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View Postjack_timber, on 09 August 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

So if 1,2 or 3 arty focus "you" then you become the whipping boy for the other 14, so it's all down to whos name is drawn out of the hat.

 

Yet its not drawn, its the one who plays most actively trying to win. So punishing playing, rewarding camping = bad for gameplay.

mpf1959 #13 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 17623 battles
  • 959
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017
About 56% of my games are in arty, but I hate 3 per side, and have even ticketed WG to complain about it, I cant understand why they even allow 2, I think 1 per side is enough. And if it ever went to an official WG vote, I'd vote to take it out of the game completely, but, while it exists, I will play it and enjoy doing so, but imho 3 per side is a piss-take.

Edited by mpf1959, 09 August 2018 - 11:46 AM.


Bordhaw #14 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:45 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 12013 battles
  • 2,836
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View PostSfinski, on 09 August 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

So, because we have max 3 arties per game and having 0 arty games also are an option, the average number of arties should be 1,5, "ideally". 

 

I kept track on the number of arties on my games for a while and got 2,18. 2 and 3 arty games were by far the most, then came 1 arty and last by huge margin, 0 arty games. 0 arty games were around once in 20 games...

 

So once in 20 games, I can actually play freely and not get focused. That ain't fun at all. There needs to be limit of 1 arty max. I know that would mean no arty free games, but at least with 1 arty, there is some 30 second time window of not being shot. 2 or more it gets far too constant. 

 

To people saying "move" etc., there's limited number of spots in every map you can play, and most of those arties can shoot. Dodging is not an option. It doesn't work unless you're constantly moving in a light. Which means not taking any shots unless you're circling a tank. And then there needs not to be more than one enemy tank. Rest of the tanks can't avoid arty in any way except hiding because they are too slow, which means not fighting for a win. 

 

And to mods, no I won't post to the arty thread. It's only purpose is to hide the issues in one place so WG can ignore it. 

 

tldr: Limit arty to 1/side if removal isn't an option. The number of arties/game is way too high with 2,18 on average. 

 

 



Negativvv #15 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:58 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9608 battles
  • 1,133
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View PostSfinski, on 09 August 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

 

Yet its not drawn, its the one who plays most actively trying to win. So punishing playing, rewarding camping = bad for gameplay.

That's not just an arty problem. Lots of corridor maps reward the most patient campers as the first to push gets focused and loses.



Sfinski #16 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:00 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 32252 battles
  • 2,747
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostNegativvv, on 09 August 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

That's not just an arty problem. Lots of corridor maps reward the most patient campers as the first to push gets focused and loses.

 

Yeah, but against other tanks I can use terrain as cover, armour to bounce AND (this is the big deal) shoot the enemies back!

muppetgirl #17 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16912 battles
  • 58
  • [JOX] JOX
  • Member since:
    12-26-2013

If you are the only arty, you often get abuse from players who ask why you arent targetting the player that THEY are spotting. Bearing in mind, that there are multiple flanks on a map, it can take arty a long time to have their bloom settle after moving from their narrow gun arc, during which time the spotted target has often despotted and relocated. A missed shot requires nearly 40s before reattempting, even if staying fully zoomed on a stationary target. hardly gamebreaking. The ConqGC, for example, can only really fire in the general direction (even well fully settled bloom) of a spotted target due to large [inaccurate] dispersal and long travel time of the round. Even a shift of a few degrees requires about 6s for the bloom to settle again. We can only target stubborn targets who are spotted and then don't move for a while (and thats assuming we were aiming on that side of the map at the time anyway). Different artys have different play/support styles. I understand that having two or 3 french autoloading arties chain-stunning you feels unfair, but Im just happy if I land a round in the same postcode as a target who refuses to move.

 


Edited by muppetgirl, 09 August 2018 - 12:11 PM.


Enforcer1975 #18 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,935
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014
I have used multiple "arty focus" occasions to my advantage.....often enough arty tunnelvisioning so much they don't see how one flank gets roflstomped because many allied tanks can operate in the open while they try to wait for "that tank" to pop up again. 

SaintMaddenus #19 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35475 battles
  • 1,613
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

Arty player and I agree 100% OP  1 max.   I also think if i want to play arty bad enough I'll wait.   Arty team damage should also be punished credit wise stronger as there is also the stun effect which is felt more by good players than bad.

Arty players have to learn to "role play".   It's really not designed for min/max epeen playing at all.   Going all out for enemy damage at any risk is NOT what arty is for.   Arty is for support.. play the support role.


 


 

I'm not a great player so the stun effect isn't always noticeable as I reckon i'm  in a daze already.

 

 



Dr_Oolen #20 Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22329 battles
  • 1,638
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
Yes indeed, ebolas are getting way out of hand once again. Played over the weekend to grind some tanks with the specials and 2 and 3 ebolas/game was indeed basically 85% of the games, the rest being 1 ebola/game and very rarely 0 ebolas. So yeah, if i were to estimate avg ebolas per game i was also getting somewhere above 2, id even go as far as saying that i was getting closer to 2.5 ebolas/game than to 2 ebolas/game. Its time for another "nerf". Although the two previous "nerfs" were in fact buffs, but for some reason all the mongoloids that liked arty were always reeeing that arty was ruined and stopped playing... just to find in half a year that ebolas are still broken and ez mode. Maybe this time we can get actual nerfs? Practically all the t5-7 ebolas are massively overpowered and t8-10 are still broken as [edited]... They should nerf the alpha on t4-7 ebolas to range from 350 to 750 (rather than 410-1050, especially the t5-6 ebolas that have 500+ should be nerfed way below 500 and the rashn 1050 t7 ebolas should have no more than 750 alpha). Then they could nerf the t8-10 ebolas to not go above 1000 alpha and also nerf penetration on all ebolas to sub 20 mm on all tiers while limiting ebolas to 2 per game. That would be good enough for the start.





Also tagged with arties, mm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users