Too many updates

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Bounce_A_Lot_ #1 Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 63072 battles

Another update in WOT so that means MODs not working so not happy having to scan all my tanks in garage to find  pair of binoculars and camo net. I wouldn't mind if but non of the mods on WOT portal have a working mod patch that will address this situation at this present time. Also there is there seems a recent drop in WOT mod makers who are willing to keep up to date with all these changes every few weeks or so. Even XVM is getting slower to update. Now I know there are a lot of mod haters in the game for some reason or other but what about the countless players who do like mods!

Take out the mods and there will be a big player base who will leave and I bet there is a high percentage of them who actually put money into the game.

I don't understand why you want to make a paying customers unhappy with these updates. Why cant you work more closely with mod developers on your WOT mod portol to have them up and running right from the get go when you up date?

Grabaah #2 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31501 battles

This is the problem with microupdates, WG never announces them on main website but on support pages (or so I heard).

Small mods can be updated instanty, some doesn't need any change and just renaming folder number is enough.

DarkPacifist #3 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26178 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS
Not here to discuss about the use of XVM or mods, but I am sure that some would be very useful if implemented ingame, like the automatic binoculars and camo-net changing, but I guess that player wouldn't buy them with credits for every tank they use them in, thus less credits needed and less premium accounts (though this would not be enough to stop using a premium account)

Sgt_Krollnikow51 #4 Posted 09 August 2018 - 02:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [D-5-5] D-5-5
There would be an easy solution for WG to prevent all players/modders/skinners(like me) for getting outdated ( version number of mods folder is outdated) skins/mods after each patch/micropatch !!
The only thing they should have to do is:
DO NOT CHANGE THE VERSION NUMBER of the game after nearly each micropatch !! The changing of the game version number should only be done after a MAIN patch with numerous changes in the game or by implementig a new nation branch or something else.
I never ever have understand why WG is doing this. There is no understandable reason for this practice.
It only makes work harder for all the modders/skinners who are engageing themthelfes to make the game better and more enjoyable.
But whatever we are writing here, it will not change anything in WG's practice......

Edited by Sgt_Krollnikow51, 09 August 2018 - 02:33 PM.

Rock_n_Rollie #5 Posted Today, 09:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10208 battles

View PostSgt_Krollnikow51, on 09 August 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

There would be an easy solution for WG to prevent all players/modders/skinners(like me) for getting outdated ( version number of mods folder is outdated) skins/mods after each patch/micropatch !!
The only thing they should have to do is:
DO NOT CHANGE THE VERSION NUMBER of the game after nearly each micropatch !! The changing of the game version number should only be done after a MAIN patch with numerous changes in the game or by implementig a new nation branch or something else.
I never ever have understand why WG is doing this. There is no understandable reason for this practice.
It only makes work harder for all the modders/skinners who are engageing themthelfes to make the game better and more enjoyable.
But whatever we are writing here, it will not change anything in WG's practice......

You obviously have little experience with how Development works in the real world, about good practice, branching, major & minor version numbering, etc...

Sgt_Krollnikow51 #6 Posted Today, 12:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8561 battles
  • [D-5-5] D-5-5

Nope,

making patches do not need so many changes of the version number of the game.

To patch a game is absolutely notheworthy but to make small or micropatches and changing the version number of the game nearly each time of patching has NOTHING to do with developing, branching,

practice or anything else.

There is absolutely NO need to do so.

Edited by Sgt_Krollnikow51, Today, 12:45 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 1 anonymous users