Dear newcomers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

MaxRiga #1 Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17417 battles

Hello,

long ago this was nice and addictive game. But if you are wondering, if you want to join this game consider this:

- currently it`s completely broken due to all autoloader tanks

- it`s not a World of "Tanks" but World of " Paper", meaning regardless what tank you use, you will be penetrated from every angle, by any tank. Basically, 90% can be penetrated by a fork, regardless what stats are saying

- as soon as you reach 8th tier - you have a choice, spend money (on premium tanks, or premium account) or sit without gold, mostly

These are 3 things most frustrating in my opinion, probably people can add more.

If you like working hard on getting somwhere, then beeing frustrated by performance of of that tank - this game is for you.

Enjoy

Isharial #2 Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19485 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMaxRiga, on 10 August 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Hello,

long ago this was nice and addictive game. But if you are wondering, if you want to join this game consider this:

- it`s not a World of "Tanks" but World of " Paper", meaning regardless what tank you use, you will be penetrated from every angle, by any tank. Basically, 90% can be penetrated by a fork, regardless what stats are saying

- as soon as you reach 8th tier - you have a choice, spend money (on premium tanks, or premium account) or sit without gold, mostly

These are 3 things most frustrating in my opinion, probably people can add more.

If you like working hard on getting somwhere, then beeing frustrated by performance of of that tank - this game is for you.

Enjoy

most of those autoloaders aren't even that great... there's a couple of standouts, but I could name more heavies that stand out than auto's

heavy tanks are the meta in corridor wot, meaning armour is the meta, and not paper tanks.. (id like to see you carry in a CDC). no. they cant be damaged by a fork.. most tanks have useable armour (if you know how to use it) and even then you can perform other moves to make it harder for them to hit you.. wiggle, hide parts etc.. 

8th tier has high skill reqs, ie. you need to know how to play the game.. whats so bad about that? :amazed: premium ammo, tanks and time are not necessary, though they do help a lot with credit grinds

most of those issues can be solved by you simply playing the tiers you actually contribute in.. if anything, your 1st and 2nd reasons can be cured by playing better... 

just look at your TX stats for example.. the reason you say all this is because your doing the damage per game of a T7 tank... you cant expect to win @ that level of play.. its simple.. your barely doing HALF the hitpoints of your own vehicle? 

it shows you get rushed by auto's (explaining your hate for them) and gold pen because you don't know what your doing... 

And to the new players out there:

please, don't take what OP says too literally. this is just 1 players feelings and majority of it is down to how they play, you'll experience a different kind of game. try it, and don't dwell on OP's ramblings

jack_timber #3 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:39 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32435 battles

Hello Newcomers.

After 30+k battles I still find this game addictive, I still have great fun at Tier 4 upwards. After all that's what any game is supposed to achieve isn't?

Wayneable #4 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42342 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjack_timber, on 10 August 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Hello Newcomers.

After 30+k battles I still find this game addictive, I still have great fun at Tier 4 upwards. After all that's what any game is supposed to achieve isn't?

Exactingly! 

Spectra_EU #5 Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2880 battles
Nothing wrong with autoloaders, not all tanks like Super Conq. are paper and you can win gold by playing well and playing in clans

UrQuan #6 Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19409 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1 - it`s not a World of "Tanks" but World of " Paper", meaning regardless what tank you use, you will be penetrated from every angle, by any tank. Basically, 90% can be penetrated by a fork, regardless what stats are saying

2 - as soon as you reach 8th tier - you have a choice, spend money (on premium tanks, or premium account) or sit without gold, mostly

Going to highlight these two comments as they are common misconceptions about the game.

1: Armor, like all things in the game need skill to get the most out of it. Easy to learn tanks about armor are the boxy tanks like KV-1 & tanks with an easy armor schedule (AT TD line, all armor front or T29: hulldown: strong turret, mediocre hull). The pikenose tanks like IS-3 & related got more difficult armor layouts to use & hence can feel very papery when you don't know how to use it.

If you drive armored vehicles & 90% of the shots fired at you pen, then you are making mistakes that lead to this. Feel free to ask for advice or even post replays to assist in improving oneself. A well played armored heavy is a tough tank to take down.

2:No need for a premium tank or account when going beyond T8; You do need credit-earning tanks tho, but luckily, tier 5 & tier 6 does have a large variety of nice & fun tanks to play that also generate nice credits. You can also see the credit-earning as an incentive to improve your play. The better you play, the more credits you earn.

Remember folks, if you got issues with an aspect of the game, feel free to ask advice on the forum on how to handle it better or how to get the most out of a tank. WoT can be a very complex game & especially for newer players it can be daunting at times on what certain tanks are capable of, or how things went in games you played.

Asking advice on the forum can be a rgeat boon to overcome difficulties in your WoT play:medal:

Jigabachi #7 Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Kinda true, but right now, those are a minor problem. There are way too many of them and they completely change the flow of the game.

The lower tiers are horribly chaotic and borderline unplayable because of all those phewphew guns.

Block Quote

You're doing something wrong then, that statement is nonsense. Premammo spam is a problem, but exaggerating really doesn't help.

Block Quote

No need to spend any money, you just have to use your brain to come up with a plan on how to invest your income instead of mindlessly keeping to rush up 20 lines at the same time.

If those are really the three worst problems, you really have no idea about the game, which makes this endeavor around "warning new players" a complete failure.

mpf1959 #8 Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13537 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hello Newcomers.

Speaking as a newcomer (10 months) these are wise words.

As for the original post I can only hope that if at any time I become disinterested in the game, I will not become like some type of resentful stalker, just leave it all, uninstall and do something else!

I am always amazed how many bitter sounding players are on this game forum, day in, day out, hating the game, I mean, wtf?!

Edited by mpf1959, 11 August 2018 - 11:19 AM.

wobblybob #9 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 64935 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

Listening to sub 50% players explaining about game mechanics is a little like asking a garden snail what the postage cost of air mailing a dog turd to Siberia is.

Related image

Edited by wobblybob, 11 August 2018 - 12:57 PM.

Unicorn_of_Steel #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5584 battles
  • [R4MBO] R4MBO

I am always amazed how many bitter sounding players are on this game forum, day in, day out, hating the game, I mean, wtf?!

So true...

Unicorn_of_Steel #11 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5584 battles
  • [R4MBO] R4MBO

View Postwobblybob, on 11 August 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Listening to sub 50% players explaining about game mechanics is a little like asking a garden snail what the postage cost of air mailing a dog turd to Siberia is.

Related image

In my country we have a song that suits you my friend. Goes like "it's hard to stay modest, if you're as good as i am. So though, so charming, so kind, you see this at the first glance. I think, looking at the mirror, that's a wonderfull guy. It's hard to stay modest, for a guy with so much talent."

And yes, that song is highly sarcastically and full of self mockery.

Dead_in_30_seconds #12 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2188 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
This may suit as well.

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
Cause I get better looking each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man
Oh Lord It's hard to be humble,
But I'm doing the best that I can.

I used to have a girlfriend,
But I guess she just couldn't compete,
With all of these love-starved women,
Who keep cowering at my feet
Oh I probably could find me another,
But I guess they're all in awe of me
Who cares?
I never get lonesome
Cause I treasure my own company
When you're perfect in every way.

(I can't wait to look in the mirror)
(Help me out now! Come on)
I get better looking each day
(To know me is to what?)
To know me is to love me
(Must be a hell of man)
(Oh Lord It's hard)
(When you're doing what?)
We're doing the best that we can.

I guess you could say I'm a loner
A cowboy out lone, tough, and proud
I could have lots of friends if I wanted
But then I wouldn't stand out from the crowd
Some folks say that I'm egotistical
Hell I don't even know what that means
I guess it has something to do
With the way that I fill out my skin tight with jeans.

(When you're perfect in every way)
When you're perfect in every way
(Can't wait to look in the mirror)
('Cause I get better looking)
I get better looking each day
(To know me is to what?)
To know me is to love me
(Must be a hell of man)
(Oh Lord It's hard)
(What are we doing?)
We're doing the best that we can.

Baldrickk #13 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29530 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
Two people sit down to play some chess.
One is a master, the other a newcomer to the game.
The master wins of course.

When he leaves, the newcomer turns to the chessmaster and says "Thankyou. You have shown me that I still have much to learn. I was able to see some of what you did during our game, and will try to learn from that and take it on board"

Along comes a second man. His father bought him a chess set as a child, but he's never really put all that much effort into learning techniques beyond the basic movements of the pieces.
He and the master sit down to play.

The newcomer is wandering past again, and catches the master, a pile of captured pieces to his side, putting his opponents King in Checkmate.
His opponent flips the board, pieces flying everywhere and storms off.

Passing the newcomer on his way past he fumes; "Don't play this stupid broken game. He got to play first and was taking all my pieces. When I was in a position to attack him, he did a move I've never heard of and stopped meme there was nothing I could do about it. Tell all your friends; don't play chess!"

The master turned to the newcomer with a smile.
"Don't mind him. He never learned to think for himself. Come. Sit down with me again, put him out of your mind and you can create your own opinion"

Edited by Baldrickk, 12 August 2018 - 10:35 PM.

kaneloon #14 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27362 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

View PostMaxRiga, on 10 August 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

well, I had this guy in my battle : 236 games and money :coin:  : tiers 8 already ... 200 damage per game, yeehh

Nautical_Metaphor #15 Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 572 battles

Hello Newcomers.

However, it would be smarter, marketing-wise, to make it even more fun at the low tiers.

Which it very definitely isn't, for new players.

It's absolutely horrid.

The only reason I've stuck with it (so far) is because I'm a dopamine junkie in a severe depression and this game is tailored to feed that particular monkey.

_6i6_ #16 Posted 16 August 2018 - 03:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5839 battles
It is true...you can get a high from WoT without actually using a short-straw(or a 100 dollar bill ) :P

Edited by _6i6_, 16 August 2018 - 03:06 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users