Chatty chatters

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Nautical_Metaphor #1 Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 829 battles

Hi,

occasionally I get rude messages in the hangar chat.

Especially now since I got this T34-85M as a rental tank for ten days, for some kind of achievement or other.

I am a new player and obviously not very good yet, but of course I play that a lot, because a) beaucoup credits and b) much more fun than the low tier tanks, which are all completely awful and blow up if you look at them funny. Or fart in their general direction.

Now seeing me stumble about in that thing, on maps I've never seen before, seems to be a particularly aggravating sight, so I get lots of advice how I don't have any business blowing my own money on such tanks.:P

Now I enjoy the sweet, sweet taste of the tears of ... such... "people"... as much as the next guy, which is what I usually write back before blacklisting them.

But what would be the absolute worst way to hurt them?

Does customer service actually do something about them if you go to the trouble and write a ticket?

Edited by Nautical_Metaphor, 10 August 2018 - 11:04 PM.

Babbet_1 #2 Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11521 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
My advice, for what it's worth, is to ignore them - don't lower yourself to their level, and if it really starts to get to you, just turn off chat in the settings, or set it so that you only receive messages from folk on your friends list - problem solved, simples!  :)

RockyRoller #3 Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34096 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

I have no idea if customer service bothers, but you can opt out of receiving any messages which I do because most are from 20 watt light bulbs who blame you for their not winning.

The T 34 85m is a lovely all round package tank for T6, and far better than most T6s. So when you have a few dim lights in your team who wishes to blame someone else for themselves being an illuminating supertrooper, you'll be the one they pick on, as they demand, with that tank, to line up all their damage and lso win the game too.

oh and the worst way to hurt them is to not play as they demand and give them camper shots. Let them do something for a change, thats what they hate most.

Edited by RockyRoller, 10 August 2018 - 11:26 PM.

Spectra_EU #4 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3112 battles
I just laugh at their stats or swear back and blacklist them immediately afterwards:great:

Jigabachi #5 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You can always try to report the biggest offenders to the support. But you should always remember that, regardless of how they let you know, they are actually right. WG giving new players direct access to tVI is just a horribly dumb idea and ruins the game even more.

Unicorn_of_Steel #6 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8260 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

I have to agree with Jigabachi to some degree. At tier 6 you need to have a solid understanding of the game, at least a 100% crew with one or two skills and some fitting equipment to be able to play with the big boys. That T34-85 is a tank that is expected to carry a battle when you are not bottom tier. Without enough experience or the above you won't be able to do that. 

Having said that (1) it's a f*****g game so just have fun because that's al that matters and (2) a bad game performance doesn't give anybody the right to wish you all kinds of scaring deseases or suggestions of what to do with close relatives...

Unfortunately the player base also consists of some of Europes finest and brightest, with an IQ that matches their shoe size at the best. So you will have to get used to the ocassional outburst in all kinds of languages.

Bordhaw #7 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12013 battles

View PostNautical_Metaphor, on 10 August 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

UrQuan #8 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20106 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNautical_Metaphor, on 10 August 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

You ignore them.

They want attention & you not giving it will hurt them the deepest. Respond & you validate their anger.

If one goes deep into offensive slurs, down to breaking rules (racism/death-threats) feel free to report them (screenshot the convo) & Customer support will hurt them more then you ever can. Note, this advice becomes invalid the moment you respond with insults/provocations yourself & can even backfire (customer support will then punish both)

Kothaar #9 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 59374 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR

If you get a single angry message, chances are somebody just got mad for some reason. But if you get a lot of angry messages, it probably means you have somehow deserved them. Usual targets for insults are people who do not help other players and of course campers. There are few things more annoying in the game than the heavy tank player that decides to camp at the back border of the map while others would benefit from his help.

When the end of battle statistics for a player show that he moved 300 meters and shot once, well that is one who clearly deserved the insults.

Edited by Kothaar, 11 August 2018 - 10:07 AM.

LCpl_Jones #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

play like a bot in the same battle as them :hiding:

mpf1959 #11 Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17639 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I switched the garage chat off months ago, and never looked back, they are not important enough for my time or imagination. As for the battle chat, I just throw a hand-grenade then withdraw before any of them can answer lol!

Isharial #12 Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 20491 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi,

occasionally I get rude messages in the hangar chat.

Especially now since I got this T34-85M as a rental tank for ten days, for some kind of achievement or other.

I am a new player and obviously not very good yet, but of course I play that a lot, because a) beaucoup credits and b) much more fun than the low tier tanks, which are all completely awful and blow up if you look at them funny. Or fart in their general direction.

Now seeing me stumble about in that thing, on maps I've never seen before, seems to be a particularly aggravating sight, so I get lots of advice how I don't have any business blowing my own money on such tanks.:P

Now I enjoy the sweet, sweet taste of the tears of ... such... "people"... as much as the next guy, which is what I usually write back before blacklisting them.

Does customer service actually do something about them if you go to the trouble and write a ticket?

the thing is, its a teamgame, and people want to you to do what your tanks meant to.. they rely on you as much as you do them, and if your not because your trying to drive up a cliff you cant drive up or staring at the tree's.. they cant play either so see it from their perspective.. they cant enjoy the game because your too busy essentially being useless.. given that do you think they wouldn't be mad at you?

WG's system is the problem here, your just using what you got given by them, but it really doesn't help when players such as you, with no crew skills, no awareness, no real knowledge of the game, get thrown half way up the tiers against players who have thousands of games under their belt

cant exactly be fun for the new player either really..

that aside, its better to stay at the lower tiers, its easier for newbies etc.. and no where near as draining on your credits when you die after 1 shot's worth of damage.. all I got was a tetrarch before.. T2 tank.. you got a T6 so I cant imagine its much fun being killed off by things you cant see (that would really annoy me as a newbie not knowing how the game truly works)

Geoffrey_Ironfist #13 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11722 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

I was also given that tank and played it a few times but not much because I do not have the tier VI skills. But I am keeping it in the garage, hopefully its time will come. Low tier tanks are also fun in their own way.

As for annoying messages, I don't read at all messages unless I am expecting something. Sorry If someone wanted to tell me something useful, the ones I got out of the blue were whining about a battle that was lost in under 4 minutes. No need to hear about idiots' complaints about why was this battle lost, why did the arty not kill anyone, etc ... Work it out folks. I am not an encyclopedia.

Babbet_1 #14 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11521 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
But really guys - what are WG on? It's like lending a 17 year old newly qualified driver a Jag, and then expecting him to keep it on the drive for a couple of years! Surely the gift of a couple of tier 2 or 3's would make far more sense all round!  :sceptic:

Nautical_Metaphor #15 Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 829 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 11 August 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

they are actually right.

Nope, sorry.

Edit: First off, in a team of fifteen people, no single player can be expected to carry the game. That's just plain ridiculous. Some players can do this, of course, but no player can be expected to do it. No. Matter. What.

If they can, based on the vehicle they are using, then the game balance and/or matchmaking are screwed up. Period.

The low tiers are overrun with stat padding seal clubbers. In this tank, I at least get to see whoever is blowing me up in a few shots. At least it usually takes them more than one shot. I at least get sufficient credits out of it to afford the necessary silver bullets. And at least very occasionally, I get a fun game.

Without that, this game would only be frustrating and unfun, and I'd have quit already.

Edited by Nautical_Metaphor, 11 August 2018 - 08:49 PM.

Gremlin182 #16 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

General

• Player
  • 49643 battles

Its the internet people have bad days and take it out on others while a few just have bad attitudes and do it all the time because they can.

Wouldn't worry about it.

Jigabachi #17 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNautical_Metaphor, on 11 August 2018 - 07:59 PM, said:

Nope, sorry.

Edit: First off, in a team of fifteen people, no single player can be expected to carry the game. That's just plain ridiculous. Some players can do this, of course, but no player can be expected to do it. No. Matter. What.

If they can, based on the vehicle they are using, then the game balance and/or matchmaking are screwed up. Period.

The low tiers are overrun with stat padding seal clubbers. In this tank, I at least get to see whoever is blowing me up in a few shots. At least it usually takes them more than one shot. I at least get sufficient credits out of it to afford the necessary silver bullets. And at least very occasionally, I get a fun game.

Without that, this game would only be frustrating and unfun, and I'd have quit already.

Who is talking about carrying matches, which is perfectly possible even in a well balanced game btw?

It's about contributing. In your tVI tank you have the average damage output of a tI tank. That's not contribution, that's being a burden for the 14 people around you.

Again: Throwing new players right into the mid-tiers is just horribly stupid. Fact. The only thing that contributes to is an even worse playerbase with even more braindead rushers, as if that wasn't a major problem already...

Geoffrey_Ironfist #18 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 11722 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

For me the T34-85 is a dream tank. Some have claimed the T-34 line were the best tanks in the war. So it's nice to have it as a gift but I feel that when I get good enough to play it, I must do it justice. Think of it that way.

gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11403 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Ignoring is probably best. 

Also, just try to get to tier 5 fast with a few lines, thats where the fun starts. Lower tiers you will meet statpadders with trained crews cutting through teams. Also tank 'role' differences below tier 5 is almost absent. Learn at tier 5 and ignore "fan mail" 

Tom_Deekanarry #20 Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7680 battles

You get clowns in this game who get a kick out of sending abuse to complete strangers, they do this because in real life they are sad cowardly losers who would not dare say boo to a ghost, but on here they don't have to look you in the eye.

You have three choices-

1, ignore.

2, have an argument with them

3, send them a really sarcastic message then blacklist, I find critiquing their abuse is often a laugh.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users