3 Arty games really needed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

Grimmx #1 Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12954 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

I understand arty’s Function IG as a way to stop the new superheavies domination, but for the love of all that is holy, 3 arty games just want me to insta log out of the game when it happens.

Today I had onetime 3 out of 5 games with 3 arty. It’s just NO FUN.

Its nothing in this game that are more frustrating and suffocating than being focused by 3 arty because you are camping at full speed.

I know it will be more waiting for arty players but I would much more have more 2 arty games than experience “any” 3 arty game ever again. It’s just horrible. 

Wargaming please wake up!

Vule777 #2 Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23889 battles
As an arty player I will said this for the third time. I'm for stun removal and 1 arty per battle.

15JG52Brauer #3 Posted 11 August 2018 - 03:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75252 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
+1 - even as someone who plays a lot of arty , I hate 3 arty games , even if I am in arty. Just make it max 2 or even 1 per team - dont care if I have to wait - just do it wg - it will be better for everyone.

vcristi #4 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67083 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
Arty should be limited to 1 per team.

TheOneAboveAII #5 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14320 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Just bring back the old arty...with no AP or heat...but bring back that alpha...remove the stun...and max...but maximum...2 pigs in a team....then it will be somewhat ok...arty will try less and less to snipe lights moving at full speed because they won’t be able to hit them...but instead they will focus more on doing the work of the stupid balancing department and rebalance those op russian tanks, type 5s, sconqs...and some other heavies...like maus...e100 etc

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 11 August 2018 - 04:59 AM.

Vule777 #6 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23889 battles

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 11 August 2018 - 04:57 AM, said:

Just bring back the old arty...with no AP or heat...but bring back that alpha...remove the stun...and max...but maximum...2 pigs in a team.

I'm reading and thinking "finally, ok, he is arty hater but now he talks normally" and in the end you proved that you're *edited*   than arty players.

Edited by Jahpero, 11 August 2018 - 12:39 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

TheOneAboveAII #7 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14320 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostVule777, on 11 August 2018 - 04:01 AM, said:

I'm reading and thinking "finally, ok, he is arty hater but now he talks normally" and in the end you proved that you're *edited*   than arty players.

*oink oink*

JocMeister #8 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23231 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Like WoWs limited CVs to 1/battle WoT should have done the same with arty a long, long time ago. Its brings nothing positive to the game and the introduction of tier 9 and 10 arty to the game should never have happened. 

#removearty.

View PostVule777, on 11 August 2018 - 05:01 AM, said:

*edited*  

Edited by Jahpero, 11 August 2018 - 12:42 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

gunslingerXXX #9 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11029 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostGrimmx, on 11 August 2018 - 03:39 AM, said:

I understand arty’s Function IG as a way to stop the new superheavies domination, but for the love of all that is holy, 3 arty games just want me to insta log out of the game when it happens.

Its nothing in this game that are more frustrating and suffocating than being focused by 3 arty because you are camping at full speed.

I know it will be more waiting for arty players but I would much more have more 2 arty games than experience “any” 3 arty game ever again. It’s just horrible. 

+1

Problem is the stupid order-reward system. I think alot of players playing arty do so because they "have to" to finish missions. I've tried it myself but it's just utter BS. 

If you could not compensate obj 260 / T55a missions with Stug & htc arty missions, the arty load would be much less I think.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostJocMeister, on 11 August 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

Like WoWs limited CVs to 1/battle WoT should have done the same with arty a long, long time ago. Its brings nothing positive to the game and the introduction of tier 9 and 10 arty to the game should never have happened. 

Agreed. But it's more than obvious that WG isn't interested in any positive progress for this game. It's just maximum milking with minimum effort.

Hellraiser0201 #11 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23411 battles

View PostJigabachi, on 11 August 2018 - 07:47 AM, said:

Agreed. But it's more than obvious that WG isn't interested in any positive progress for this game. It's just maximum milking with minimum effort.

Minimum effort :teethhappy: Don't forget the beautiful 1.0 maps and graphics which added nothing to gameplay :facepalm:

We enjoy being cannon fodder for +2 all the time (80%) but with HD maps it looks cool and makes the game awesome :teethhappy:

WG be like: Lets make random battles complete trash and give all players cancer but with nice HQ graphics they should be satisfied.

Edited by Hellraiser0201, 11 August 2018 - 06:57 AM.

spamhamstar #12 Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostGrimmx, on 11 August 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

Arties function is not to stop the "new" superheavies in the game as arty has been in the game since the beginning & after the reduction in it's HE pen they are the tanks it is least effective against.  It's only real function in the game seems to be to provide a crutch to those that struggle too much with playing actual tanks in a game called World of "Tanks".

It appears that WG have made a bit of a mess & aren't really sure what to do about it having at times stated they'd consider removing arty, but also that they won't remove it. 

What is clear is that they haven't added any new content at all for arty players in a very long time.  Only the 1st 5 nations have any arty at all & even then only 1 line each, there are no prem arty on regular sale & there were only ever 2 (sexton & lefh).  They have also constantly tried to "fix" arty & the manner in which they have done so suggests that they are not yet finished doing so.  Previously you could have unlimited arty per side, then 5 per side & now 3 per side.  So suggesting further limitations on arty numbers seems highly likely given that it is still without doubt the most complained about aspect of the game.  Or perhaps WG will finally bite the bullet & suggest that if arty players don't want to play tanks, then they don't play a game called World of "Tanks".  Probably expecting a bit much from both WG & arty players there tho, given their history :D

Gremlin182 #13 Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:30 AM

General

• Player
  • 48730 battles

Limit arty effective range or limit numbers based on map size.

You could have 3 or more SPGs in something like frontline or a similar sized map.

That mode was a 3 by 3 map sized supermap.

How about testing a 2 by 2 or just increasing map sizes generally.

As long as SPGs can cover an entire map from one spot its broken.

Its also broken because SPGs that were added to the game where the type that usually acted as division or Corps Artillery.

Sitting 10 km behind the lines and firing barrages.

This is barely a company sized game the SPGS should  be small mobile and of limited range.

We cannot do that so you limit the effective range, if you make it completely impossible for any SPG to aim a shot above say 400 meters that forces them to move.

If 400 is too much make it 350 or 300 whatever works in the game.

DeadLecter #14 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22855 battles
they dont listen because this is one way of making money. Because high tier arties usually lose credit so they either need prem acc or prem tanks to make up for the loss. And the people who get hit use multiple repair kits, med kits and fire extinguishers so they also need prem tanks or prem time to make up for the huge bill so it's a win-win scenario for WG no reason to change anything. 

KillingJoker #15 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

3 arties per game is so unfair... 

getting focus by one arty is so annoying, but i have been focus by 3 at same time... and its completely unplayable.

honestly its a such frustrating feeling that its pretty much the main reason why i got mad playing this game.

3 arties, can mean for many people different things, but for me, it means i wont survive the battle or more than half of my health will be taken by arty HE, 

even if outplay every other player in the enemy team, ill still have to do it under constant arty fire...its the most disgusting mechanic ever in any online competition or E-sports

whatever... 

arty not only rewards campers, as it punishes people who want to push, basically turns the game slower, less dynamic, more boring... 

having someone marking you at distance is so damn unfair an annoying... you have to deal with multiple enemies at same, and still if you are a good player

arty will still focus you...

arty is the cancer of this game.

krismorgan #16 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:47 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32224 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
They should limit whiners to once a week really.

TheJumpMaster #17 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 47562 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrimmx, on 11 August 2018 - 04:39 AM, said:

I think that they should increase the limit to 5 and allow arty toons.

Bordhaw #18 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11536 battles

View PostGrimmx, on 11 August 2018 - 02:39 AM, said:

3 Arty games really needed?

3 Arty threads really needed?

Steel_Patriot #19 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42862 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG

Every game i played yesterday had 3 skyfilth in it , so i did something i thought i'd never do and re-buy the S51 with stock gun and counter the scourge as i havn't played clicker in years . Some things never changed like they still sat in the same spots on maps and most never move after shooting so every match i antiskyfilthed at least 1 .

On another note i could after a few matches BLAP  stuff on the move without much of a problem  , poor scouts :(

Regularly in the top 3 damage wise and folks whined about arty being NERFED .    lololol pathetic

Fact is that it's more accurate with a lower reload time and that stun make it way more BROKEN than it was in the first place so really WP WG.

ARTA stops camping............ like hell it does , it promotes it

Jigabachi #20 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkrismorgan, on 11 August 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

They should limit whiners to once a week really.

The problem still is that the whiners are still right, which means that it's not even whining.

The only ones that need a bar of soap to the facehole are the ones that just puke "hurrdurrremove" all the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users