Jump to content


Tier VIII of the Week: AMX CDC + Panther mit 8,8 cm L/71


  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 26,783
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Two medium tanks are the stars of our new Tier VIII of the Week! Let's review the AMX CDC and the Panther mit 8,8 cm L/71 together!

The full text of the news item

8126Jakobsson #2 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:10 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 68691 battles
  • 3,632
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
The dynamic duo  :harp:

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:33 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11372 battles
  • 2,225
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

The "amazing" gun on the CDC will amaze you alright. Its just frustrating you have to wait soo long before its aimed that you receive 3 shells before being " amazed".

With 240 alpha generally not a good trade...



falcon_96 #4 Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:05 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23652 battles
  • 374
  • [BG3A1] BG3A1
  • Member since:
    05-11-2012
Well check this out. CDC 25k recorded games 47.30% win rate. Panther 88, 17k games and 43.57% win rate(amazing right)!
And those descriptions... Just lol! 
-The Panther 8,8 cm L/71 is a real German sniper(Yep, sniping with 203 pen is really fun thing, da Komrade?). Having an overall excellent gun(LOL), this variant of the Panther is perfect for those who like to support their team from a distance(Yes, distance, if you love hearing your commander shouting "bounced" over and over again). Plus, its cheap shells and repair costs give it some serious credit-making potential(if you actually manage to pen something in the current MM, sure).
 

Despite its name, the AMX Chasseur de Chars is not a tank destroyer but a crazy fast medium tank capable of climbing any hill to take a quick shot with its amazing gun(soft stats, soft stats, soft staaaats). Perfect for players who enjoy some on-the-move gameplay(One of the tanks with terrible on the move accuracy.)


So why do you try to trick people into buying the 2 worst premiums in the game WG?
 

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 11 August 2018 - 04:50 PM.
Use of red color


_LUL_ #5 Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:09 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8761 battles
  • 177
  • Member since:
    10-06-2016
if you see this message , don't buy those tanks , i just saved you 25 euros or more , you're welcome 

Weak_man #6 Posted 11 August 2018 - 07:14 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 5544 battles
  • 514
  • Member since:
    12-31-2017
I have played tech three panter II and rushed to get E50. Gun is ok but low alpha, but in the rest is weak, big like a house, bad speed, bad traverse speed, bad turret rotation speed. In curent tier 8 mm when you are always bottom tier, armour is zero. I think panther 8.8 is the same. Even is not an special tank i believe that mutz is still better than panther .8.8. Both panther 8.8 and cdc are outdated for current mm. From all premium tanks that i have skorpion g is the only that can handle to be always bottom tier in tier 10 mm.

Holdes #7 Posted 11 August 2018 - 08:20 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20115 battles
  • 605
  • Member since:
    06-10-2012
CDC is crap. Don't see almost any Panthers 8.8 in randoms either... save money and buy either a Lorr, Progetto or Skorp G.2

kokek #8 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:09 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 21024 battles
  • 61
  • [SP_SQ] SP_SQ
  • Member since:
    05-10-2011
bundle where you can see 1st hand what powercreep us and what do softstats which arent shown in game mean. i have both tanks...actually it cdc anymore traded it in for a strv s1. but cdc is so big and easy to hit and ammoracked all the time and for 1400 hp slow and lazy hard to turn and gun if you move it a bit reaim for 2 seconds.

Bordhaw #9 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:50 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 11966 battles
  • 2,793
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Post_LUL_, on 11 August 2018 - 06:09 AM, said:

if you see this message , don't buy those tanks , i just saved you 25 euros or more , you're welcome 

 

Yeah nobody buys premium tanks anymore..

 



PervyPastryPuffer #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 09:51 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31557 battles
  • 2,375
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
Nobody in their right mind would buy these tanks in their current state! :facepalm:

LCpl_Jones #11 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:02 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10550 battles
  • 888
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    06-17-2017

Christ WG you have no shame when it comes to ripping people off :ohmy:

 

and people berated troglodyte for getting a refund :trollface:



basin79 #12 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:20 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 15351 battles
  • 8,755
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View Postfalcon_96, on 11 August 2018 - 07:05 AM, said:

Well check this out. CDC 25k recorded games 47.30% win rate. Panther 88, 17k games and 43.57% win rate(amazing right)!
And those descriptions... Just lol! 
-The Panther 8,8 cm L/71 is a real German sniper(Yep, sniping with 203 pen is really fun thing, da Komrade?). Having an overall excellent gun(LOL), this variant of the Panther is perfect for those who like to support their team from a distance(Yes, distance, if you love hearing your commander shouting "bounced" over and over again). Plus, its cheap shells and repair costs give it some serious credit-making potential(if you actually manage to pen something in the current MM, sure).
 

Despite its name, the AMX Chasseur de Chars is not a tank destroyer but a crazy fast medium tank capable of climbing any hill to take a quick shot with its amazing gun(soft stats, soft stats, soft staaaats). Perfect for players who enjoy some on-the-move gameplay(One of the tanks with terrible on the move accuracy.)


So why do you try to trick people into buying the 2 worst premiums in the game WG?
 

But if they buffed them they'd be over powered............. 

 



SlyMeerkat #13 Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:10 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 16719 battles
  • 2,320
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Already got them :P

5_InchFl0ppy #14 Posted 11 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40720 battles
  • 1,645
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012
It's sad to see where this once great game has gone. It also seems WG are totally oblivious to the damage they have caused. Or...they don't give a *edit.

Edited by xxTANK_Uxx, 11 August 2018 - 04:52 PM.
Inappropriate remarks


Max_Calibre #15 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20737 battles
  • 1,009
  • [T-OG] T-OG
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

Around about 2014 ~ 15 these 2 Tier 8 Premiums were actually quite good to play and good credit earners

~ of course that was way back then in the somewhat good old days of WOT

in 2018 Wargaming really should by now have removed them both from sale as there so badly power-crept and almost can be called 'Classic Veteran' tanks of yesteryear 

 

collect it - buy it - play it once or twice - then leave it in the Garage under a tarp - for the kids to laugh at how old they look

or - save your money

Then veto all Tier 8 Premium tank sales from WG as most of us are doing now this until they 'actually do' fix the 3-5-7 MM crapper "its a mistake but 6 months and etc"



ld86 #16 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 19560 battles
  • 17
  • [-UXT-] -UXT-
  • Member since:
    09-14-2013
can anyone tell me if these missions (x5 XP for each vitory) have an expire date?3

Thrael7 #17 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23490 battles
  • 2,000
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

As a collector... Ah, [edited]it. I 'm not a collector.

Sometimes I think the "powerful" engine of the CDC is just there to make noise.



_b_ #18 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 55424 battles
  • 4,065
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

Underperforming in current meta with 'balanced' new heavies ...and the 3:5:7 and being bottom tier and seeing new VK line or Types ..."great fun" ...

 

tl:dr just don't get these ones!



ToodlePips #19 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 58816 battles
  • 470
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012
There is something deeply amoral about Wargaming still selling and advertising these lemons. It's not even funny. 

baranyaitamas1 #20 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12392 battles
  • 23
  • Member since:
    02-18-2014

View PostMax_Calibre, on 11 August 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

Around about 2014 ~ 15 these 2 Tier 8 Premiums were actually quite good to play and good credit earners

~ of course that was way back then in the somewhat good old days of WOT

in 2018 Wargaming really should by now have removed them both from sale as there so badly power-crept and almost can be called 'Classic Veteran' tanks of yesteryear 

 

Exactly. I bought it (edit: AMX CDC) in the end of 2016 and it was kinda powerful. Nowadays I don't want to play with it. :/


Edited by baranyaitamas1, 11 August 2018 - 12:42 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users