WG, can you PLEASE design good maps

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RenamedUser_555746413 #1 Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2485 battles

Province, cant get across the map without being shot, either by tanks or by arty

cant get arty safe even behind a rock

its just another bad map, please please can you guys just STOP this garbage and give us good maps

as for arty, well whats the point, as I keep saying, WG you will get no money from me whilst it is in the game

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27555 battles

View PostRenamedUser_555746413, on 11 August 2018 - 02:10 PM, said:

WG you will get no money from me whilst it is in the game

That's fine, they're equally happy for you to be free content, populating the servers, for everyone else to shoot. :)

MaxxyNL #3 Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11129 battles

View PostRenamedUser_555746413, on 11 August 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

just STOP this garbage

Maybe you can pick a new username? :facepalm:

Isharial #4 Posted 11 August 2018 - 02:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19540 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Province, cant get across the map without being shot, either by tanks or by arty

cant get arty safe even behind a rock

its just another bad map, please please can you guys just STOP this garbage and give us good maps

as for arty, well whats the point, as I keep saying, WG you will get no money from me whilst it is in the game

or y'know.. you could not sit in the same spot and let the couple of arty in the game hit you.. there's 15 tanks on your team, thats 1/15 chance of it choosing you as a target, which is pretty low odds given how the maps are and all that.. 

there's a reason for them picking you to shoot.. maybe, just maybe, your the target their team needs taking out idk.. they surely wouldn't be shooting you for the team now would they? no.. couldn't be.. that would be suggesting teamplay! its gotta be that your a dirty reroll and every arty runs XVM so they can see it and focus you 100% :facepalm:

funny though.. your name got removed for being against the rules so you aren't exactly a nice player.. get a proper name, maybe they wont shoot you

Edited by Isharial, 11 August 2018 - 02:57 PM.

sgtYester #5 Posted 11 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53466 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View PostIsharial, on 11 August 2018 - 02:56 PM, said:

or y'know.. you could not sit in the same spot and let the couple of arty in the game hit you.. there's 15 tanks on your team, thats 1/15 chance of it choosing you as a target, which is pretty low odds given how the maps are and all that.. 

there's a reason for them picking you to shoot.. maybe, just maybe, your the target their team needs taking out idk.. they surely wouldn't be shooting you for the team now would they? no.. couldn't be.. that would be suggesting teamplay! its gotta be that your a dirty reroll and every arty runs XVM so they can see it and focus you 100% :facepalm:

funny though.. your name got removed for being against the rules so you aren't exactly a nice player.. get a proper name, maybe they wont shoot you

ofc ofc the old arty prevents camping argument........:amazed:

we all now arty actually invokes camping especially after the rework were they got a huge buff.

try playing above ur statspadding tiers (https://nl.wot-life....arial-533599008) and actually see how bad arty is atm.

anyways , this topic is about maps and most of em are unbalanced favouring one side.

for instance artic region were the south base can shoot heavies going to corner of fail when they have a good scout.

or fjords were the middle scout spot is much easier to acces from the north  spawn.

or mines which favors the north base.

and lest not begin about how basically all maps are so tiny u can spot the entire team within 20 seconds of start.

and what about cliff where heavies cant go to the lighthouse without being spotted and then getting hit by meds/lights/arty thus "forcing" heavies" to camp on the left side cause theywont attack with td hiding in front of them.

most maps are simply not good.

bring back stalingrad and remove Paris. 

make maps larger and increase the overall speed of tanks so they can move around comfertably. Just look at warthunder; big maps, same tanks,same speeds, yet they can get anywhere without much problems

Edited by sgtYester, 11 August 2018 - 04:45 PM.

Bordhaw #6 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10875 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 11 August 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

we all now arty actually invokes camping especially after the rework were they got a huge buff.

DeBanus #7 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28750 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

They can't even design an event like "Ranked Battles" correctly.

I'd sugest you lower your expectations.

Geoffrey_Ironfist #8 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4546 battles

I use arty in my next game after being killed by arty. I also use arty whenever a higher tier tank kills my bottom tier tank. It is like karma.

About maps. The KV-1 was a 1941 tank. The best the Germans had at the time was the Pz IV A and Pz III. They also had a few Pz IV Ds.  They had to fight it out in open steppes. By the way, at that time the Soviets also had the KV-2. That would have been even more fun.

Edited by Geoffrey_Ironfist, 11 August 2018 - 05:33 PM.

mjs_89 #9 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4749 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 11 August 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

bring back stalingrad

There seems to be a misunderstanding. OP asked for better maps.

Stalingrad is not a good map. (Well, maybe for Steve and his precious IS-7)

Anyways, a new map is out on supertest and we are getting 2 new maps next patch. (3 if you count the new pilsen)

Seems like the map pool will be getting better soon.

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2018/08/10/supertest-fjords-and-lillehammer-maps/

TheComfyChair #10 Posted 11 August 2018 - 05:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6822 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
When you decide on a new nick you could use    "I_Hate_Province"  . It's a million to one chance but enough people might see it and start a revolution or something :izmena:

Isharial #11 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19540 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostsgtYester, on 11 August 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

try playing above ur statspadding tiers (https://nl.wot-life....arial-533599008) and actually see how bad arty is atm.

anyways , this topic is about maps and most of em are unbalanced favouring one side.

for instance artic region were the south base can shoot heavies going to corner of fail when they have a good scout.

or fjords were the middle scout spot is much easier to acces from the north  spawn.

or mines which favors the north base.

and lest not begin about how basically all maps are so tiny u can spot the entire team within 20 seconds of start.

and what about cliff where heavies cant go to the lighthouse without being spotted and then getting hit by meds/lights/arty thus "forcing" heavies" to camp on the left side cause theywont attack with td hiding in front of them.

most maps are simply not good.

bring back stalingrad and remove Paris. 

make maps larger and increase the overall speed of tanks so they can move around comfertably. Just look at warthunder; big maps, same tanks,same speeds, yet they can get anywhere without much problems

I take it you cant read? :facepalm:

I didn't at all say "camp to survive" or even mention camping.. (that's actually not at all what I wrote) so.. I don't actually understand where you got that from :amazed:

"my statpadding tiers?" so.. lets see.. I don't actually have an TX to play, I have 1 T9 (which I play often enough) and a couple of T8's.. so.. yeah, its not statpadding if that's the highest I've got :facepalm:

the topic's about OP being salty.. that's all there is to it... some maps are clearly in need of rebalancing, sure, but not once did the OP mention that, or even suggest it... fjords being a clear example of a map that needs reworking (again) 

but the OP's own topic isn't about any of that

Stalingrad even had that same issues with being entirely pointless driving anything other than a heavy tank, so its even more broken than the maps you want removed.... 

Geoffrey_Ironfist #12 Posted 11 August 2018 - 06:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4546 battles
I can never get to the other side of any map without being shot unless in a very slow tank on a quiet day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users