Remove Malinovka

Malinovka bad map map design

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Venom7000 #1 Posted 11 August 2018 - 10:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2127 battles

Try to tell me with a straight face that Malinovka is a normal map. Who ever made it was creating it to train TD players aiming and absolutely nothing else. Every time I play that map the match is 11min minimum. 

There is zero strategy to this map and its highly predictable.

There is only one coridor where the tanks can go and its not that one dusty road next to the river.

The map is just exercise in camping and spotting/view range battling. Given the nature of the map the first tank that gets spotted is targeted by EVERYONE. (and given the terain of the map most of the tanks can will shoot you).

I know I am technically a "newbie" but this map makes zero sense regardless of how many games you have or what tier is on the battlefield.
If you watch any of the Malinovka replays either now or even 2 years ago its literally zero action and just a question who cracks first and decides to peek and gets spotted by enemy tanks who are in return spotted for for his team after turning his tank it to Swiss cheese.

This is just my opinion. You are all entitled to your own experience and opinions.

I just find the map with zero creativity and if you ever looked at it from above it looks like a map where WG wanted to make an epic game trailer where 15v15 tanks rush over the field to each other in a epic LOTR or medieval cavalry charge. :)

Edited by Venom7000, 11 August 2018 - 10:44 PM.

Les_chars_gris #2 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1621 battles

I find it to be most entertaining.

Yes it is a vision map however since I play mostly mediums I find it has many possibilities.

More entertaining imo than city maps.

But a cavalry charge could be interesting indeed :)

wobblybob #3 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66226 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

Everything you have said is wrong OP. Why do you make ridiculous binary assertions with every point? There are in fact several strategies for this map. Every decent player will tell you camping strategy is wrong. There are various spotting positions for early/mid/late game, also differing techniques to take or defend raised hill area.

Try this for starters:- http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Malinovka

Venom7000 #4 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2127 battles

View PostLes_chars_gris, on 12 August 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

I find it to be most entertaining.

Yes it is a vision map however since I play mostly mediums I find it has many possibilities.

More entertaining imo than city maps.

But a cavalry charge could be interesting indeed :)

Well I can understand that. I love city maps as I am a heavy tank main. So yes naturally a fast medium can find something to do on this map. A slow Soviet heavy with zero view range and gun depression. Not so much :teethhappy:

View Postwobblybob, on 12 August 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

Everything you have said is wrong OP. Why do you make ridiculous binary assertions with every point? There are in fact several strategies for this map. Every decent player will tell you camping strategy is wrong. There are various spotting positions for early/mid/late game, also differing techniques to take or defend raised hill area.

Yes every map has a "strategy" but that doesnt take away from the fact that the map is just a bad design. Why on earth 90% of the games I play  on it (regardless of whether I win or lose in them) are over 11min long with almost zero action until the "late game" (where people are just feed up with waiting for lights to spot or tired of waiting the first ally to get destroyed and light up the enemies. So they just start "going for it" - because there is only 3-2 min left of the match)

Mind you that I am speaking as a Soviet heavy tank player (tier 6 to be precise). So I just dont see the point of this map nor its "charm" or "design".

I know that WG can make some good "open field maps". Prokhorovka is the best example of this where you have three distinct fronts. And the change of the tide and time you are forced to take a risk in order to move to another front or dare to even stay in the "hell middle front".

Malinovka tries this but its much more extreme and just down right frustrating.

The maps also relies a lot more on capable light tanks and spotters to spear head the advancement. (even more than lets say Glacier or Province). And if you ever played Random Battles in lower tiers 1-6 you know how relying on teammates goes.

FYI - Camping on this map for some vehicles is the only sane option unless you feel like getting deleted in 2 seconds from tanks that you never saw. I only camp depending on the which part of the map I spawn in Malinovka. Some tanks just cant actively advance on this map. (certainly not a tier 6 heavy in a freaking tier 8 game). I died much faster doing that than just finding a good place and making a snipe spot. (I get average 2-4 kills in my KV2 from some decent spots on Malinovka.
Just to be clear when I say CAMPING. I don't mean in the base camping. I mean camping on a good outside the base spot from a hill or something. 

Edited by Venom7000, 12 August 2018 - 01:26 AM.

Venom7000 #5 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2127 battles

View Postwobblybob, on 12 August 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

Even your "guide" proves my point. The map is "favouring snipping and SPG's" and the best tactic and I quote is to "hold out". These are the actual points from the official WOT guide.

NitroDeluxe #6 Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29018 battles

The old "i'm a HT player and wan't malinovka removed" chestnut.  It's not just a normal map it's one of the best.  To "work the map" there needs to be a number of players on your team with experience, expecially a scout, that's why its a good map because it requires at least some team effort. There's plenty of retarded corridor/city maps for you to get you HT jollies on, but you wont be having much fun on Mali during school holidays at tier 6. 

And just to add that gameplay will be worse on this map at tier 6 because new players don't get to see it until tier 5, whereas it used to be a map for tiers 1 to 10.  That's another great WG decision.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users