Cinematic replay thingies

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

xx984 #1 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:33 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52971 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

So bought Adobe premiere the other day and been messing around fiddling with stuff, making few bits, Nothing spectacular, seeing as this is the first time im using this, But would like opinions on these, What i should try and do differently etc.

Lowe video i cut short earlier than i wanted to, And is sorta just a sudden stop.. Which looks kinda crap  Was originally gonna put another replay after it but was taking so long already

and yes, this is in the wrong section, This is pretty much the only section any one goes on at this sorta time so :hiding:

BugPowderDust #2 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles

Far be it from me to criticise, but you did ask for feedback (disclaimer- I am absolutely no expert)...

• Too many panning shots- I like panning, but do it slower and less often
  • I didn't like seeing the HUD and no-HUD shots mixed- either do all HUD or all no-HUD. It jars the enjoyment (for me anyway) of the video
  • Are you telling a story of a particular battle or of the tank itself- perhaps more sexy battle shots, or slo-mo guns firing/ tanks exploding?
  • Music is a really important part of a video- choose it wisely. Of course, it's very personal, but try using a genre that people probably don't despise (eg. classical) rather than beep bop europop

Anyway, just my 2p, look forward to seeing more of them, good luck :) I wish I had time to do stuff like this

Edited by BugPowderDust, 12 August 2018 - 08:05 AM.

Bordhaw #3 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10828 battles
All excellent, I would have either slowed it down or used longer clips for the Lowe. They are too quick.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 12 August 2018 - 10:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27537 battles

View PostBugPowderDust, on 12 August 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

Far be it from me to criticise, but you did ask for feedback (disclaimer- I am absolutely no expert)...

• I didn't like seeing the HUD and no-HUD shots mixed- either do all HUD or all no-HUD. It jars the enjoyment (for me anyway) of the video
  • Are you telling a story of a particular battle or of the tank itself- perhaps more sexy battle shots, or slo-mo guns firing/ tanks exploding?
  • Music is a really important part of a video- choose it wisely. Of course, it's very personal, but try using a genre that people probably don't despise (eg. classical) rather than beep bop europop

+1 All of the above.

Lloyd5 #5 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29178 battles
  • [-GOC-] -GOC-

View PostBugPowderDust, on 12 August 2018 - 08:04 AM, said:

Anyway, just my 2p, look forward to seeing more of them, good luck :) I wish I had time to do stuff like this

+1 . Especially the music. Euro bebop trash isn't everyones cup of tea, although the last one was relevant :)

xx984 #6 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52971 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostBugPowderDust, on 12 August 2018 - 07:04 AM, said:

Anyway, just my 2p, look forward to seeing more of them, good luck :) I wish I had time to do stuff like this

My aim for these first ones was to showcase the replay, but in a fancier way, and also a way that doesn't take the full 10 mins or so to watch! Want to try make another one today, will take this feedback into consideration :) Thanks 

Edited by xx984, 12 August 2018 - 01:04 PM.

Not_DangerUXB_Thats4sure #7 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9516 battles

(I can only say this from my love of films)

• Use panning shots to set the scene (normally at the beginning of a scene?).. ie; If you are telling a story it can show where it takes place and/or what is going on around the story mid-scene (The bigger picture)..(Can also be used anytime in the scene when done really slow to create tension or prowess on the subject matter (Tank)
  • As someone above said do the panning shots slower as it sets the mood for the story...(Use Quicker in times of 'Tension/exitement';).
  • Really nice work in the Leopard vid but you need to not use the 'Blue hazey' type thingy when changing camera angles (Its a bit futuristic for this type of game)
  • The last one was a bit 'Choppy-changey' (Too many camera changes and too quick between)..

Really nice first try tho...but if i may point you to watch this story you will see exelent use of panning shots?:) (This WOT film is a classic in my eyes)..This guy made only 2 WOT films and this one has 830K views.

GL

Edited by Not_DangerUXB_Thats4sure, 12 August 2018 - 05:39 PM.

xx984 #8 Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 52971 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostNot_DangerUXB_Thats4sure, on 12 August 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

(I can only say this from my love of films)

• Use panning shots to set the scene (normally at the beginning of a scene?).. ie; If you are telling a story it can show where it takes place and/or what is going on around the story mid-scene (The bigger picture)..(Can also be used anytime in the scene when done really slow to create tension or prowess on the subject matter (Tank)
  • As someone above said do the panning shots slower as it sets the mood for the story...(Use Quicker in times of 'Tension/exitement';).
  • Really nice work in the Leopard vid but you need to not use the 'Blue hazey' type thingy when changing camera angles (Its a bit futuristic for this type of game)
  • The last one was a bit 'Choppy-changey' (Too many camera changes and too quick between)..

Really nice first try tho...but if i may point you to watch this story you will see exelent use of panning shots?:) (This WOT film is a classic in my eyes)..This guy made only 2 WOT films and this one has 830K views.

GL

Thanks for the feedback :)

NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27537 battles

View PostNot_DangerUXB_Thats4sure, on 12 August 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

Well that was depressing... :(

Balc0ra #10 Posted 12 August 2018 - 11:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I knew it was a bad idea to click on that 3rd clip by the name alone. Now I'm gonna have Vengaboys yelling in my head for the next few days. 

Pansenmann #11 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33678 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

either you go for full cinematic (no hud) or replay

the music was awful

apart from that: keep up with that editing, you are on a good way.

PS: check out the music of "Camo & Krooked"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users