Jump to content


Ranked battle shows us that tier 10 is just the final example of degradation of WG greed

decay WG greed Ranked Fronline

  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

kaneAAA #1 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38052 battles
  • 1,641
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

So all tier 10 battles- the final frontier of WG's design... what does it show about WG design and intelligence? That it's totally at the mercy of degenerate compromises from marketing and greed. Why?

 

Now having played a number of ranked: you can't fail to notice the domination of type 5 heavies, s. conquerors.... all doing what? All following each other like sheep into the nearest heavy corridor to begin....what? .... having been on the receiving end of this.... pretty much 100% gold spam and that's not even an exaggeration 

 

Why the sheep herding into the nearest corridors? Every boring game it's the same 1-dimensional tactic...Because that's the only way they can be effective. Open spaces in maps are essentially secondary. Spotters are largely ignored and are ineffective so even if you spot well most of the time no-one is supporting because they are busy getting into the rat hole to start spamming. It's just not really fun in the sense of creative tactics... instead there is 1 tired repeated tactic as everyone funnels themselves into the same tiny space and then presses the 2 key and starts rolling the dice without thinking about weak spots etc.

 

 

All of this i.e.

 

1. GOLD DEPENDENCE

2. ONE TIRED REPEATED TACTIC (rat run to the nearest heavy corridor).

3. POWERSHIFT TOWARDS DOMINATION OF HEAVIES, redundancy of light tanks.

 

Show essentially a poor and substandard game design, which values mindless repeated play rather than creative thinking. 

 

 

To me, ranked is the opposite of frontline. 

 

FRONTLINE vs. RANKED 

 

Frontline's success for me is the ability to use a range of creative tactics and decisions which can impact massively on the game. Choose the right tank at the right point of the map. Also there is no biased towards dumb heavy tank spam in corridors and every class has its role to play at the right time to influence the team. 

 

Ranked on the other hand is the selection of a narrow range of tanks which are more likely to achieve the same tired tactic with no variation. If you like variety and thinking originally, forget this mode. If you just want to copy everyone else in doing the same boring thing, this is perfect for you.

 

 

 

DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON P2W IF YOU ARE REDUCED TO 100% GOLD. IT'S SHAMEFUL.

 

 

 

 

Ranked is IMHO the TOTAL END GAME OF WG'S SLAVERY TO IT'S OWN GREED. It's the great GREED MASTERPIECE of total degeneration of design and possibility for intelligent play at the hands of lust for money. Dumbening down of tactics, total inequality of tank classes plus it's only really available to those who wish to drain credits for gold rounds, as there's just a horrible pressure there to do that to remain competitive. 

 

 

MY ADVICE TO WG: You need to really have an honest word with whoever designed ranked battles, as it essentially FAILEDPresumably, whoever designed it thought this was supposed to be fun? Well, it's a total failure in those terms. In actual fact, I am quite certain without the bond rewards no-one would be playing it, as it has not got any intrinsic sense of enjoyment. RATHER, it feels like the gaming equivalent to strangulation. Again sadly whoever did frontline is showing you up again as they addressed all the issues immaculately which are all out of control in ranked.

 

I Have no doubt also that the kind of decision making that is so prevalent in ranked battles is what is killing the player base of wot and killing the game, it's just that unashamedly incompetent and lacking in enthusiasm for gaming as an enjoyable past-time.

 

In comparison:

 

FRONLINE DESIGNER =  MOZART of game designing. 

 

RANKED BATTLES DESIGNER = Some overweight drunk guy burping the national anthem in the shower while suffering from constipation and selling his family for money.  

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by kaneAAA, 12 August 2018 - 12:35 PM.


MaxxyNL #2 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11114 battles
  • 788
  • Member since:
    04-05-2013
Must use large font to express myself. :girl:

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 7478 battles
  • 3,902
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

More like poor balancing causing people to play tanks which forces you to use gold to even be able to deal with them.

How do you deal with a hulldown suka kankurwa?

 

And tanks like that are the exact reason I don't even bother with ranked this season.


Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 12 August 2018 - 12:35 PM.


WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 12 August 2018 - 12:47 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15517 battles
  • 2,260
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

Can't say I disagree with the OP, although I did had fun in this season. Apart from one battle where I lost due to cowardice from one of my peers (still finished first by exp).

 

But then again:

 

Frontline

-If I'm shooting gold in Frontline is not because I'm a gold noob, try-harding, etc. It's because I have literally ran out of everything else to shoot. HE won't do any favours and even then, most of my tanks carry little of them.

 

-One tank can make a difference. Even SPGs are far far FAR less of a nuisance but are still able to contribute to the team effort. TDs have plenty of places to hide and snipe from. They can more effectively lock a section of the map and when supported by SPGs, you have yourself an iron wall.

 

-MTs are real jacks. Defend, attack, counter, spot, you own the battlefield.

 

-LTs can do damage, they can reset, they can cap, they can actually spot. Nothing in their way. The only problem is the high dispersion. Some HTs have better accuracy. But that's just another low blow from WG.

 

-It's only one map but it was well built. The "attack only" restriction (cannot claim back a lost territory and the lack of a ticket system like BF2) makes it kinda meh, but more than acceptable. There's no shortage of anything.

 

-HTs can lead a push, cap a territory, defend it, block out an oncoming onslaught, their decision is final and is to be respected or will be timely punished.

 

-Gold is not needed unless for very specific situations

 

Overall, FL only sins for having one map. Not even the optimisation is much of an issue, since the game will throttle itself to still give you good FPS.

 

Frontline should:

  • Have more maps
  • Have a ticket system to control the respawns (IE BattleField Series)
  • Have workingAdolfkanonen in both sides. If one team approaches too much, they are shot by them

 

9..5/10

 

Ranked

-Same maps we are already used to which offer nothing but grief to everything that has no armour, save for 1 or 2 maps.

 

-Heavy Tanks dominate the battlefield and they are the final word in every conflict. Thick sloped turrets, great gun depression, impenetrable upper glacis, hard hitting guns overmatchable sides are what counts.

 

-Don't have one HT? Assault TDs are the alternative. Anything should be able to deal no less than 650HP within one shot. Bobject is your role model, follow it or die.

 

-MTs? If it's not OP (read: Russian) or a B-C you have no business being there. The name of the game is still armour, so it had better have some.

 

-SPGs? Sure. We've concluded this is about spamming gold, which eats into your profits. Arty doesn't take a lot of damage and doesn't need much consumables.

 

-What did you say? Because I thought I heard you say "Light Tank" Ah... good thing you didnt.

 

-Gold ammo? Are you a morron? As if you were supposed to take anything else :facepalm:

 

Ranked doesn't bring anything new. It's not end game content, it's a credit sink. You're not gathering the best of the best and playing for the ultimate display of "skill". There's no skill involved here. Not even close.

 

It's like Grand Battles with normal map rotation (wonder why nobody plays it? there you go).

 

 

The entire game should be "Frontlinezied".

 

But WG already stated they're shifting their content to casual players. These are mostly the blessed HT players who moan about SPGs/Derp guns and gold ammo all the time, because no one can violate their precious little sidescrape.


Edited by WindSplitter1, 12 August 2018 - 01:13 PM.


Balc0ra #5 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64400 battles
  • 15,431
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
And randoms are free of the gold spam on tier X? Damage = a bigger chance to secure a higher spot, thus keeping your rank on a loss etc. So the spam will always be real on that part. But if point 3 is an issue. It explains point 1. As every HT player points and whines about point 1. And the more armor there is. The stronger point 1 will be. Even if they can auto pen with AP. As it's about securing damage. That's all ranked is. 

Jigabachi #6 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,528
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

Surprise, surprise. People abuse all kids of abusable stuff in a game to be more successful in a ranked gamemode. Who would have thought?!

 

Also:

Spoiler

 

 



Dr_Oolen #7 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20581 battles
  • 1,553
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

Yeah, up to rank 11 i could play vk7201 spamming HE only, no food, no prem consumables and when that tank was in battle id play m60/121b again no gold and no prem consumables (well, in one game with 4 ebola 5s on enemy team i did spam gold at those) but then i just couldnt get any farther playing "bad" tanks without gold... so i just loaded some heat on balanced russian 430U and 907, some premium consumables too, and behold suddenly i started gaining ranks again, and so on a wave of heat spam in op tanks i made it to rank 15. Previous season it was the same really, except then i decided to spam gold in supercanceror.

 

The mode above all shows how awful the balance at t10 is. Every game from rank 11 (when i started tryharding) id always look at tank lists and count amount of "meme" tanks on each team and based on the amounts made a prediction of which team would win. This estimate was accurate most of the time. One team having 5 meme tanks like 50b, leopard, grille, t62, e5 while other team has only 4 meme tanks and less memeish than those like t57, 121, strv103b, e100 was usually enough to make it obvious which team would win. But at least this season the ebola v4 wasnt being spammed so much, in that sense this season was a significant improvement. So instead of v4/supercanceror/taip 5/907/430/5a spam this time it was only the spam of supercanceror/taip 5/907/430/5a/277 and some batchats here and there. But still, maybe 10 tanks total on t10 are competitive enough not to be a burden for your team, then the rest of the 60 or so t10 tanks are complete crapcompared to the top 5 most op t10s.


Edited by Dr_Oolen, 12 August 2018 - 01:20 PM.


_LEO_ #8 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 54839 battles
  • 878
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011
Frontline was not designed by WG, that's why it's fun. :teethhappy:

Mko #9 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles
  • 1,188
  • Member since:
    07-03-2010

The problem does not lie in the design of ranked battles, but in the design of the game and its mechanics. Ranked battles expose these problems, but at the same time they serve as a tool for WG to make people spend money by draining their credits.

 

What you describe (players playing OP tanks and spamming premium ammo) is only a natural consequence of a more competitive environment. Players use all the tools they can to be competitive.

When the best tanks you can use are superheavies (which is also because of corridor maps), the meta basically breaks down.



WindSplitter1 #10 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 15517 battles
  • 2,260
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View Post_LEO_, on 12 August 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Frontline was not designed by WG, that's why it's fun. :teethhappy:

 

This.

arthurwellsley #11 Posted 12 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 51268 battles
  • 2,814
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011
I have only played a few Ranked Battles in season 2 (31). I only play Object 140, and if I mess up and die too early I use T62a. I have not found the need to use premium ammunition so far, but I have only got to rank 5.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 12 August 2018 - 01:19 PM.


kaneAAA #12 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38052 battles
  • 1,641
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 12 August 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

 

This.

Explains alot. WG's natural talent is hopeless if ranked is the best they can do. It's possibly one of the dullest game experiences you can get on planet Earth. Amateurish and totally without any control of game design. 


Edited by kaneAAA, 12 August 2018 - 04:23 PM.


gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 10691 battles
  • 1,806
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014

View PostkaneAAA, on 12 August 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

 

 

RANKED BATTLES DESIGNER = Some overweight drunk guy burping the national anthem in the shower while suffering from constipation and selling his family for money.  

 

 

 

 

 

LOL :teethhappy:



AliceUnchained #14 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:29 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 38126 battles
  • 8,797
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    10-18-2011

View PostkaneAAA, on 12 August 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

what does it show about WG design and intelligence? 

 

Let's be honest here: you wouldn't recognize intelligence if it probed you from behind...



kaneAAA #15 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:29 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38052 battles
  • 1,641
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 12 August 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Can't say I disagree with the OP, although I did had fun in this season. Apart from one battle where I lost due to cowardice from one of my peers (still finished first by exp).

 

But then again:

 

Frontline

-If I'm shooting gold in Frontline is not because I'm a gold noob, try-harding, etc. It's because I have literally ran out of everything else to shoot. HE won't do any favours and even then, most of my tanks carry little of them.

 

-One tank can make a difference. Even SPGs are far far FAR less of a nuisance but are still able to contribute to the team effort. TDs have plenty of places to hide and snipe from. They can more effectively lock a section of the map and when supported by SPGs, you have yourself an iron wall.

 

-MTs are real jacks. Defend, attack, counter, spot, you own the battlefield.

 

-LTs can do damage, they can reset, they can cap, they can actually spot. Nothing in their way. The only problem is the high dispersion. Some HTs have better accuracy. But that's just another low blow from WG.

 

-It's only one map but it was well built. The "attack only" restriction (cannot claim back a lost territory and the lack of a ticket system like BF2) makes it kinda meh, but more than acceptable. There's no shortage of anything.

 

-HTs can lead a push, cap a territory, defend it, block out an oncoming onslaught, their decision is final and is to be respected or will be timely punished.

 

-Gold is not needed unless for very specific situations

 

Overall, FL only sins for having one map. Not even the optimisation is much of an issue, since the game will throttle itself to still give you good FPS.

 

Frontline should:

  • Have more maps
  • Have a ticket system to control the respawns (IE BattleField Series)
  • Have workingAdolfkanonen in both sides. If one team approaches too much, they are shot by them

 

9..5/10

 

Ranked

-Same maps we are already used to which offer nothing but grief to everything that has no armour, save for 1 or 2 maps.

 

-Heavy Tanks dominate the battlefield and they are the final word in every conflict. Thick sloped turrets, great gun depression, impenetrable upper glacis, hard hitting guns overmatchable sides are what counts.

 

-Don't have one HT? Assault TDs are the alternative. Anything should be able to deal no less than 650HP within one shot. Bobject is your role model, follow it or die.

 

-MTs? If it's not OP (read: Russian) or a B-C you have no business being there. The name of the game is still armour, so it had better have some.

 

-SPGs? Sure. We've concluded this is about spamming gold, which eats into your profits. Arty doesn't take a lot of damage and doesn't need much consumables.

 

-What did you say? Because I thought I heard you say "Light Tank" Ah... good thing you didnt.

 

-Gold ammo? Are you a morron? As if you were supposed to take anything else :facepalm:

 

Ranked doesn't bring anything new. It's not end game content, it's a credit sink. You're not gathering the best of the best and playing for the ultimate display of "skill". There's no skill involved here. Not even close.

 

It's like Grand Battles with normal map rotation (wonder why nobody plays it? there you go).

 

 

The entire game should be "Frontlinezied".

 

But WG already stated they're shifting their content to casual players. These are mostly the blessed HT players who moan about SPGs/Derp guns and gold ammo all the time, because no one can violate their precious little sidescrape.

It's not just it doesn't provide anything new, but ranked battles actually has far less variety and tactical options than lower tiered game play. It's kind of wot dumbed down to the ultimate low point. There are only heavy tanks and only gold spam. All game play had been crushed into a claustrophobic slot machine of RNG dep guns. 


Edited by kaneAAA, 12 August 2018 - 04:31 PM.


iztok #16 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:42 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles
  • 2,460
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

> Ranked battle shows us that tier 10 is just the final example of degradation of WG greed

Umm? Did you just say WG's greed degraded? That WG is less greedy? :ohmy:

 

Nah... Must be my poor english.



Hellraiser0201 #17 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 23411 battles
  • 159
  • Member since:
    02-21-2013
https://youtu.be/5O5d_ETsJl4Image result for tilt memes

Edited by Hellraiser0201, 12 August 2018 - 07:11 PM.


NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27537 battles
  • 1,970
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
I'm just going to go out on a limb here and assume OP is having trouble getting to the rank that he feels he should be entitled to.

HundeWurst #19 Posted 12 August 2018 - 07:40 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 67720 battles
  • 4,280
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    02-06-2012
And yet you still play it.... Should make you think a bit.

kaneAAA #20 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:17 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 38052 battles
  • 1,641
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View PostHundeWurst, on 12 August 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

And yet you still play it.... Should make you think a bit.

 

Correction no I PLAYED it. Am not now. How can I criticise it if I dont try it out first?





Also tagged with decay, WG, greed, Ranked, Fronline

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users