5 replies to this topic

markaabo #1 Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1834 battles
  • [DMDK] DMDK

Hello people

This is a solution for those who have 
1. Long loading times, you're the last one in battle some time after it started 
2. You have to disable audio for just being able to get in battle before the timer runs out
3. You have unstable loading times, for example sometimes it loads ok good and the battle hasn't started but sometimes it has started and your the last one ingame 

4. The garage takes a long time to load and you sometimes are stuck on "Updating the Garage"

The easiest solution!

If you have an SSD that has space for WOT, then install WOT on the SSD that should fix it

If you don't have an SSD keep reading :)

I had the problems myself so i googled it and found alot of other people having the same problem, and some things work for some people and other things worked for other people but a post in CorpusDortus topic about the problem and a fix someone had posted that you could link files from another drive to fix it, that worked for me but it was annoying to do and time consuming so i decided to make a batch command program that does "mostly" everything for you and you only have to input some easy to get information. Now lets get to the fixes

WOT Packages Linker (Linking fix, the fix i use and made a batch program for)

This fix works if you have a Boot drive or another drive which is faster than the wot install drive (Can be a SSD or HDD just a drive)
You will need to have space on the drive the files a gonna be on (~1.5gb for Audio file only. ~16-20gb for All files)

1. Make sure your World of tanks is updated to newest version
  2. Download and unpack the linker batch program, the program MUST be its own folder so just unpack the folder from the RAR to someplace (Download link below)
  3. Find your World of tanks install folder, for example mine is: "E:\_Games\World_of_Tanks"
  4. Decide where you want the Packages to be located. for example: "C:\Program Files (x86)" (Again ~1.5gb for Audio file only. ~16-20gb for All files)
  5. Run "WOT_Packages_Linker.bat" and follow the instructions
  6. And if it ran without problems your done

The only thing about this solution is you will NEED to run "WOTPL_Cleaner.bat" every time wheres an update for world of tanks, so if you start the World of tanks launcher and it starts to update then close the launcher before it gets to updating the package files and after you close it run "WOTPL_Cleaner.bat" after that's done you can update and check if there's a update for my linker that works with the new Wot version, and then run "WOT_Packages_Linker.bat" again after the update.

Download:

Attached File  WOT_Packages_Linker_U4.rar   4.61K

Features of WOTPL

• Automatically creates the right folders 
  • Makes backups of your packages files
  • Links all the packages for you
  • You only have to input your locations for WOT and new packages location and choose to link all or audio only
  • Can link all or just audio packages files, simply choose

WOTPL Update Log:

Spoiler

The other fixes (That i know of)

Spoiler

Any feedback about my linker or post is must appreciated :)

MANY THANKS to CorpusDortus for making the topic which i found my fix on and which got me to write the batch program 
All credit for helping my find a fix for me and making me write a batch program for it goes to CorpusDortus:great:

Edited by markaabo, 20 September 2018 - 11:18 AM.

jack_timber #2 Posted 12 August 2018 - 03:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33922 battles

Glad you found a cure.

But for me installing WoT on SSD cured my problems.

Now it loads in before countdown commences whereas when WoT was installed on HDD I used to load in 0 to 20 seconds after battle had started.

markaabo #3 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1834 battles
  • [DMDK] DMDK

View Postjack_timber, on 12 August 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

Glad you found a cure.

But for me installing WoT on SSD cured my problems.

Now it loads in before countdown commences whereas when WoT was installed on HDD I used to load in 0 to 20 seconds after battle had started.

Not all people can install it on a SSD for me i dont have the space, and it worked linking the files to another HDD which was a little faster and it doesn't have the space for the full install, but im gonna add to the post that you can install it on a ssd, thank you for the idea :)

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7762 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
Either an SSD or Windows 10 in my experience.

markaabo #5 Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1834 battles
  • [DMDK] DMDK

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 12 August 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Either an SSD or Windows 10 in my experience.

Windows 10?, i have windows 10 and my friend who also had the same problem also has windows 10 so i dont think its an issue with windows10

TrelomamiasThess #6 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21121 battles
It worked, thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users