stat mods

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

reight #1 Posted 12 August 2018 - 05:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29743 battles
hi i was wondering why war gaming do not simply ban the use of stat mods on the game , this would eradicate the so called arty only hit top stat players , and would stop overnight players throwing games because 1 team has players with better stats , what do you think ? can you live without the stats of players you are fighting not being showing ?? i know i can ,and i think it would improve the game overall 

jack_timber #2 Posted 12 August 2018 - 08:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33432 battles

Great idea been discussed several (dozen) times...

I play arty but don't have XVM so everyone is fair game.

Isharial #3 Posted 13 August 2018 - 12:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 19778 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

and how, oh great one, do you plan on actually removing all ability to use mods? (its impossible)

the trouble is how do you actually re-inforce it?

- you can have the client and server sync up on start and each file checked for changes and perm ban on login, but then that doesn't matter if they start the mods after they logged in.. 

- if the player runs mods outside of the client, you wouldn't pick them up

- if you did what Rockstar did with GTA and have it continuously checking against server files, you end up with endless lag for both sides and a hateful gaming experience (Rockstar then removed this as it failed)

you can make it really awkward for modders by changing things via micro patches every few days/weeks, but its only a brief delay before they're back again

you could remove res mods so the "less intelligent" modders cant use their mods anymore, but the majority of mod creators and adept users will still be modding away

its easy to say "Ban mods, why haven't WG done this yet???" but actually the truth is far different.. WG are doing something, in fact, what they are doing is making it easy for us as players. well that doesn't sound very "ban moddy" does it? but the reality is, it makes it plain as day for them to see, it doesn't force everyone outside of the client and anything bad that does interface with the client is soon caught on with, and that last bit would be far far harder if it was running from outside the client, like an overlay etc... if it doesn't interface with the client, WG have a harder time seeing it, but it also limits what you can do with it ofcourse

Edited by Isharial, 13 August 2018 - 12:45 AM.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
They don't ban it because it's the most used mod, which binds lots of players to the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users