Balance MM Tank Destroyers

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Tebby617 #1 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17553 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
So i just played my first battle of the day in my AMX M4 49, and it's a T10 battle, I don't really mind playing higher tier tanks in any of my tanks. However getting hit on my strongest armor by a Jg.Pz.E100 for 1100+ damage in the first 2mins is [edited][edited]! The best of it is, I saw him first and shot for his track to stop him turning to me, it did [edited]all, so all I could do was try to get cover, he turns fires without needing to aim and hits. How the [edited]is this fair? 1 hit and I am left with less than 500 hp. TDs are [edited]overpowered at there own tier, so why WG do you insist on MMing them against lower tiers? Especially these ones with ridiculous troll guns. Every fuckin match as well. 

rick1002 #2 Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 35165 battles
  • [RTRUK] RTRUK
Maybe don't push so hard if your bottom tier VS tier 10 TDs   could have been worse it might have been a deathstar on your side armour and then it's back to garage

Balc0ra #3 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65957 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
It's called overmatching. And even tier 8 TD's can butter up your turret even when top tier. Not like your cupola is a small target to hit even without overmatching. And most of those do 750. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 13 August 2018 - 03:07 PM.

Tebby617 #4 Posted 13 August 2018 - 03:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17553 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 August 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

It's called overmatching. And even tier 8 TD's can butter up your turret even when top tier. Not like your cupola is a small target to hit even without overmatching. And most of those do 750. 

I think you're missing the point. Yes exactly, the [edited]ISUs are [edited]OP at tier 8, so why put them against lower tiers that have less armor, HPs and weaker guns. That alpha damage is a joke, and it's the same across all tiers, from low tiers with higher than average DPM, Pen and camo, to higher tiers with stronger armor than heavies and huge naval guns that make all but the most ridiculously strong armor completely useless. 1 shot you're basically out of the [edited]game, next heavy or TD you come to you're done, 2 shots from a med, 3 from a light. And ALL tanks are fucked over by TDs with the exception of SPGs.

I am SICK of being [edited]cannon fodder for these easy mode turd tanks.

jack_timber #5 Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33034 battles

View PostTebby617, on 13 August 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

I think you're missing the point. Yes exactly, the [edited]ISUs are [edited]OP at tier 8, so why put them against lower tiers that have less armor, HPs and weaker guns. That alpha damage is a joke, and it's the same across all tiers, from low tiers with higher than average DPM, Pen and camo, to higher tiers with stronger armor than heavies and huge naval guns that make all but the most ridiculously strong armor completely useless. 1 shot you're basically out of the [edited]game, next heavy or TD you come to you're done, 2 shots from a med, 3 from a light. And ALL tanks are fucked over by TDs with the exception of SPGs.

I am SICK of being [edited]cannon fodder for these easy mode turd tanks.

Phew at least he didn't mention Arty's... Oh he did:(

Well I won't be on his Christmas card list this year, yes folks only 134 sleeps:)

I_DiD_ #6 Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1462 battles
  • [PGGY] PGGY

First: you must be rly a i**** if you push against Jpze100 with you T8 "HT"

Second. Thers no other class which need to be max 1 per side ,and that should be only the arty. With nerfed stun mehanic and accuracy.

Gootti_Kustaa #7 Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30752 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You just played the game stupidly.

You should be aware of major threats and where you might meet them. If you go in happy-go-lucky with your bottom tier heavy, you will die. You will die a lot. 

It is the nature of WoT. Learn to deal with it, or at least stop whining about it.

Tebby617 #8 Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17553 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

View PostI_DiD_, on 13 August 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

First: you must be rly a i**** if you push against Jpze100 with you T8 "HT"

Second. Thers no other class which need to be max 1 per side ,and that should be only the arty. With nerfed stun mehanic and accuracy.

Yea because I totally knew he was there, i had barely even left the [edited]spawn area. And second of all, if my shot at his track had have actually done anything, he would have been just as fucked as me.

But how is it [edited]fair? It's not! This is a game that is supposed to be fun, getting killed  with 2 shots by a tank you can't do [edited]all against is not fun! I personally don't even find TDs fun to play, it's like turning up to an airsoft match with a .50 cal sniper rifle. This is one example, more examples of their OP'ness can be seen with light tanks with max view range getting out spotted and shot by them well within that view range and remaining hidden. Or what about heavies and mediums brawling, then having to push towards the camping turds sat waiting for them damaged tanks to roll into their line of sight and getting easy 1 hit kills, what you supposed to do, finish brawling and go back to base? I have seen players in TDs that will happily sit camping in a bush and let the timer run out for a draw rather than [edited]do some real work.

You know in the original posts example i take my hat off to him for not being a lame [edited]camper, but you can never predict where a TD is going to be, so what? I just camp in my heavy tank with a gun that can't hit the broad side of a barn, really [edited]fair, how about stop [edited]putting them in matches against lower tiers, it's not [edited]hard and certainly won't [edited]break the game any more than it already is. And [edited]auto-loaders while they're at it. People moan about SPG's, I'd rather play with them than these troll tanks that can much more easily ruin a players match with 1 shot, at least arty is actually harder to get hits with, and when it does it's not necessarily a stupid amount of damage.

Baldrickk #9 Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29909 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostTebby617, on 13 August 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

Yea because I totally knew he was there, i had barely even left the [edited]spawn area. 

I very much doubt he was in some magical new position no-one's ever seen before, especially that close to the start of the game in such a slow vehicle.

How about a replay?

View PostTebby617, on 13 August 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

arty is actually harder to get hits with

Tebby617 #10 Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17553 battles
  • [UKT] UKT

I wondered how long it would be before you turned up to tell me how [edited]bad I am. Well whatever you fan boys enjoy your shitty unbalanced, broken [edited]game, im going to play a real game on steam. [edited]assholes carry on like this game and WG are [edited]perfect and only criticise anyone who has any complaint about it, craplike this is never going to get fixed, why bother making a [edited]competitive game and then make certain tanks overpowered and just tell anyone who complains they are just bad. You told me in the MM thread matches in this game are carried by one or 2 players, well isn't it funny how most matches I see are carried by OP tanks, TDs with troll guns, [edited]sucking "pros" in them Italian auto loaders or Soviet and Japanese heavies. And one [edited]mistake deserves an 1100 damage hit? I haven't even purchased a t10 tank yet and im expected to play perfectly against higher tier TDs that are OP at their own tier. So lets pretend I was amazing at this game, a sad bastard with no life and didn't make that mistake and survived, my team's 9s and 10s get destroyed and im left to fight that OP [edited]anyway, I might as well just go back to garage because IT IS NOT A FAIR FIGHT!

Whatever [edited]you all, and [edited]you WG, stick ya [edited]game up your arse

Asperio #11 Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8500 battles
  • [HEIN] HEIN

The problem isn't the TD... It is the MM -2.

A level 8 tank can not compete with a level 10 tank. It's normal, that's why there are levels.
And one more thing. With a heavy tank you can not choose where to go.

Rati_Festa #12 Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42276 battles
The answer is dont play t8 heavies until wg fix the mm. They have admitted its not working how they would like it too and they are now fixing the problem as fast as they can... 6mths...

Asperio #13 Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8500 battles
  • [HEIN] HEIN

View PostRati_Festa, on 13 August 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

The answer is dont play t8 heavies until wg fix the mm. They have admitted its not working how they would like it too and they are now fixing the problem as fast as they can... 6mths...

Yes. A shame.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11321 battles

View PostTebby617, on 13 August 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

So i just played my first battle of the day in my AMX M4 49, and it's a T10 battle, I don't really mind playing higher tier tanks in any of my tanks. However getting hit on my strongest armor by a Jg.Pz.E100 for 1100+ damage in the first 2mins is [edited][edited]! The best of it is, I saw him first and shot for his track to stop him turning to me, it did [edited]all, so all I could do was try to get cover, he turns fires without needing to aim and hits. How the [edited]is this fair? 1 hit and I am left with less than 500 hp. TDs are [edited]overpowered at there own tier, so why WG do you insist on MMing them against lower tiers? Especially these ones with ridiculous troll guns. Every fuckin match as well. 

Isnt that one of those French heavy tanks that nobody plays because they are rubbish ? 

lord_chipmonk #15 Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33717 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

If the OP's point is that TD's are OP, I don't agree. 

If however he is more saying that alpha damage is in some cases too far, then yeah, I have some sympathy with that. 

Baldrickk #16 Posted 13 August 2018 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29909 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostTebby617, on 13 August 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

I wondered how long it would be before you turned up to tell me how [edited]bad I am. Well whatever you fan boys enjoy your shitty unbalanced, broken [edited]game, im going to play a real game on steam. [edited]assholes carry on like this game and WG are [edited]perfect and only criticise anyone who has any complaint about it, craplike this is never going to get fixed, why bother making a [edited]competitive game and then make certain tanks overpowered and just tell anyone who complains they are just bad. You told me in the MM thread matches in this game are carried by one or 2 players, well isn't it funny how most matches I see are carried by OP tanks, TDs with troll guns, [edited]sucking "pros" in them Italian auto loaders or Soviet and Japanese heavies. And one [edited]mistake deserves an 1100 damage hit? I haven't even purchased a t10 tank yet and im expected to play perfectly against higher tier TDs that are OP at their own tier. So lets pretend I was amazing at this game, a sad bastard with no life and didn't make that mistake and survived, my team's 9s and 10s get destroyed and im left to fight that OP [edited]anyway, I might as well just go back to garage because IT IS NOT A FAIR FIGHT!

Whatever [edited]you all, and [edited]you WG, stick ya [edited]game up your arse

Please point to where I've told you that you are bad? I've not even looked at your stats.

Obligitory battle count: 17200

Legitimate complaints are not dismissed.

Complaints that stem from (probable) poor gameplay generally are, as they are not an issue with the gameplay.

Unfounded claims are given even less credence. Where is the replay I asked for? How do we know that your claim of being sniped right at the beginning of the battle as you left the cap legitimate? You haven't even given us the map you were on or described where you were. All you came to do is whine that you were killed. Something we've all seen plenty of here.

Yes certain tanks are OP.  Alpha =/= OP.

The JgPzE100 doesn't even have the biggest gun/alpha at tier X.

It's huge and can't easilly hide

It has no gun traverse

It's slow

It has a giant lower plate but also a weakspot on top. 

Its frontal casemate (its strongest armour bar the mantlet) can be penned with tier 8 prem rounds.

If you end up in front of a 170mm gun that can be seen from orbit, you are in the wrong place. That would be a mistake, yes.

No-one expects perfect play from everyone.

There is an expectation of some usage of the old grey matter though. 

Until you provide a replay, we can't see what happened, so as far as what happened so early on in the battle to get you killed,  we are left with Occam's Razor: the most likely event is that you were exposed,  got spotted and shot.  Which would, at the beginning of a match,  put you in the wrong place. You don't have to play perfectly to not die in the first 30s.

Where in this scenario were we talking about being left alone vs this guy?

If that does happen, track him, circle him, shoot him in the side, from ranges where you can spot him but he can't spot you, use terrain to approach from his flanks or behind. Draw him across the map and then go cap when he's too far to make it back to defend...

There are many options.

Edit: oh and lovely language, I'm sure you're a real upstanding member of society, arent you?

22:00 Added after 2 minutes

View PostBordhaw, on 13 August 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

Isnt that one of those French heavy tanks that nobody plays because they are rubbish ? 

That's the 45. I'm playing that at the moment.

The 49 is the really rather good tier 8 HT I believe.

Edited by Baldrickk, 13 August 2018 - 11:02 PM.

lord_chipmonk #17 Posted 13 August 2018 - 11:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33717 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-

View PostBaldrickk, on 13 August 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

That's the 45. I'm playing that at the moment.

The 49 is the really rather good tier 8 HT I believe.

Correctamundo. 

Robbie_T #18 Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:22 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15791 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTebby617, on 13 August 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

Ever thaught that the Jg.Pz E100  probberly has a super crew in his tank

you pushed to aggresive if you meet  the  Jg.Pz E100 as first. in the first 2 min . and he caught you in the open...and you payed for it.

and you had 500 hp.....ask that fv4005 how much Hp he had left after i shot him in my Type 5

Cobra6 #19 Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Static gun TD's are some of the most useless vehicles in the game at the moment and very far from OP or even a problem.

If you get hit by a TD, you've driven in the open or to a stupid location in a stupid way. Problem between keyboard and chair.

Cobra 6

250swb #20 Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22141 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTebby617, on 13 August 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

Every fuckin match as well. 

You make a good case for the Jgd. Pz. E100. I've been holding off buying it for over a year now because I mistakenly thought it was just a situational tank that sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. So thanks, it is my next purchase!

Also tagged with Balance, MM, Tank Destroyers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users