Wargaming customer support is pathetic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Panzerdietl770 #1 Posted 18 August 2018 - 11:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 814 battles

I've lost an old account of mine in the yahoo data breach in 2016, the hacker took control of my email, reset the password and added 2nd factor authentication(phone number), i managed to retrieve my email but ofcourse with the 2nd factor authentication on my account, i could not reset the password. I opened a ticket explaining this and they reply telling me to provide proof of ownership through purchases of premium tanks that i've made, I showed them both the email recieved from wargaming of my purchase in 2016 and the receipt on my paypal app aswell as other things, then they ******** reply: We've confirmed your purchase, now can you please give us the phone number that you use for the 2nd factor authentication. Unbelievable. Not only do am i denied access from my own account even after showing information that ONLY the true account owner would have access to, they ask me for the ******** hacker's mobile phone number, what a dimwit system. I open another ticket maybe 6-7 days later and i get the same string of retarded replies. They pay these people. My dead dog could do a better job

Jigabachi #2 Posted 19 August 2018 - 10:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Stay calm and keep communicating with them.

But to be honest, this sounds a bit fishy. Why do you do try to get your account back two whole years later?

Panzerdietl770 #3 Posted 19 August 2018 - 12:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 814 battles
I quit for a while after it happened, returned to a locked account and simply wanted it back - i am still trying to recover it (Day 17)

Edited by Panzerdietl770, 19 August 2018 - 12:02 PM.

PaNzErDiEtL771 #4 Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7905 battles
Everything's good now. Got account back FeelsGoodMan

cragarion #5 Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44832 battles

When i change my password in a game i normally get an email saying it's been changed and asking if it was me,

that's how i found out someone got my World of Warcraft account details a few years back,

they claimed it was not their fault but several thousand people all had their accounts hacked within days of each other,

and considering the security measures i take on all my accounts the only way they could have done it was if the company lost or leaked the details.

thankfully i got everything back,

Anyway just keep trying explaining things over and over to them eventually someone will read it who understands what you are saying and sort it out for you, took me i think it was 8 tries once to get something sorted.

DerpMcBrexit #6 Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21449 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
Unfortunately, support has got even worse. They moved the majority of the CSR's (Customer Support Reps) from the Paris office, and hired an external company in Bulgaria to deal with the support issues. Ever since then it's gone to absolute pot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users