• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

Eyebot #21 Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14870 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View Postpopuptoaster, on 18 December 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

They all have their strong points, but I look at it this way, i have killed lots of t-50-2s and lots of VK2801s, they dont kill me in the Chaffee, its always the bigger tanks that kill it, its an ideal anti scout scout.

tho' :derp:-VK28 are evil. especially when you run into them in close quarters :x

popuptoaster #22 Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17881 battles

View PostEyebot, on 18 December 2011 - 11:38 PM, said:

tho' :derp:-VK28 are evil. especially when you run into them in close quarters :x

That is true being derped really does hurt, but ive not been one shotted yet and I find i can circle them and my better gun will do them in before they can get off another shot.

sandberg #23 Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3904 battles
  • [RSKG] RSKG
I enjoy the Chaffe alot. My main tactic is to quickly jump from cover to cover and eat away at the enemy tanks with my high ROF. Usually I stick around something heavy that they feel they need to focus more on. And when they have fired at my ally I quickly pop-out and two-shot them and then duck into cover again.

The amazing acceleration and deacceleration makes this very easy. I tend to stay in areas with plenty of cover, rocks, houses etc. and with fellow heavies. If possible I try to flank the target when cover is available for such options.

So as most american mediums/lights I play it in a very supporting role.

Keulz #24 Posted 27 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23145 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostArtillerY_InbounD, on 15 December 2011 - 06:28 PM, said:

Keulz - That is what fake stats says .......but reality is different story .

Just for the fun, where did you saw that these stats were fake ?

You're just one amongst many that don't know jack about the game mechanics but think otherwise.

View Postpopuptoaster, on 18 December 2011 - 11:00 PM, said:

They all have their strong points, but I look at it this way, i have killed lots of t-50-2s and lots of VK2801s, they dont kill me in the Chaffee, its always the bigger tanks that kill it, its an ideal anti scout scout.
In chaffee, facing a VK28 with 105mm at close range will allways end bad for you, because every shot took from the 105mm will penetrate, so it's 410 dmg...

JoeDynamite #25 Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:58 PM

Corporal

• Banned
  • 28593 battles
You are funny , one example for all real reload and aim time at US arties is different than as its described in your HOLY stats . Stats are only a pretty rough informations thats it ....rough .

And about game mechanics....well i would recommend to hire some competent developers from the US , they will get the job done perfectly.

Keulz #26 Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23145 battles
  • [CPC] CPC

View PostArtillerY_InbounD, on 27 December 2011 - 11:58 PM, said:

You are funny , one example for all real reload and aim time at US arties is different than as its described in your HOLY stats . Stats are only a pretty rough informations thats it ....rough .

And about game mechanics....well i would recommend to hire some competent developers from the US , they will get the job done perfectly.
"my HOLY stats" ? stop smoking, never said something like "holy", it's just that if you are saying that they're wrong, you should bring some proofs, because now it's just one little man saying that a whole company lies...
And it's not like you have a real experience of the whole game, you only played the US tanks...

popuptoaster #27 Posted 30 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17881 battles

View PostKeulz, on 27 December 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

Just for the fun, where did you saw that these stats were fake ?

You're just one amongst many that don't know jack about the game mechanics but think otherwise.

In chaffee, facing a VK28 with 105mm at close range will allways end bad for you, because every shot took from the 105mm will penetrate, so it's 410 dmg...

Chaffee can kill the VK faster than the VK can reload and can stay ahead of the VKs turret rotation in my experience, Chaffee gun also pentrates every hit at close range and does 100ish damage every 3 seconds or so.

Keulz #28 Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23145 battles
  • [CPC] CPC
I stoped playing my beloved chaffee.  :Smile-hiding:

The BatChat' is sooooooo much better and more fun !!!!!!!!  :Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena:

S21_Centurio #29 Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20556 battles
Hi Wildcat, I don't know if its still valid for you but here are my experiences with the M24.
If you like light tanks because they are fast and if you like mediums because you like brawling, then the Chaffee is for you. It's not a scout!
Stay back untill the battle unfolds and find a gap. Pierce through and attack flanks and rear, then retreat. If you find isolated units circle them to death. If you can get to the arty, take it out.
Play tactical, dont rush, you armor is thin but you have a decent gun with very good reload time and a very mobile tank.
I love it!

If you like to do scouting use the T50 or T50-2 but not the M24.

By the way its a quite expensive tank to fight in. I play it just for fun, not to earn credits.

Fremryn #30 Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 32634 battles
I have sold the M24 Chaffee too. It's a good tank, but it's difficult to use. The second gun is very fast reloading and has good values for penetrations and damage, but it's not really accurate. You are an easy to-hit-target, that's why you need distance, fast moving or be good protected. The T-50-2 and vk2801 have higher chances of survival than the M24 Chaffee.
This tank needs high skills and you have to be in a good team (for using the advances of M24 Chaffee).

NoRealNick #31 Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13127 battles
form me, the M24 is a better E8, which may also scout :D

CrazyWelshy #32 Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:07 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 12901 battles
  • [M_G_C] M_G_C
I just acquired this tanks after on-off gaming for a 3 month period.  I love this tank so far without even having all the upgrades.  For its class, the gun it has (the first 75mm) is pretty reliable.  Its hard hitting, though not HP killing, its reliably good against low Heavy tanks and most Mediums tanks I've come across.   It took about four shots to kill a 3001 tank, I've faced those as an M4 and had issues with penetration.

The Chaffee is pretty agile, but its main strength is survivability.  I took a straight KV 150mm in the rear earlier and only lost 350HP, normally that kills any light or low medium, but I survived and directed SPG fire on it.

You're a brutal scout, play as such.  You can take a couple of hits, but don't be afraid to dive into a 1 v 1 with any kind of tank.  Just don't expose yourself to multi-tank fire unless you're a suicide 'Scout' achievement whore.

Rick_O_Shee #33 Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 61049 battles

View PostCrazyWelshy, on 19 January 2012 - 12:07 AM, said:

I just acquired this tanks after on-off gaming for a 3 month period.  I love this tank so far without even having all the upgrades.  For its class, the gun it has (the first 75mm) is pretty reliable.  Its hard hitting, though not HP killing, its reliably good against low Heavy tanks and most Mediums tanks I've come across.   It took about four shots to kill a 3001 tank, I've faced those as an M4 and had issues with penetration.

The Chaffee is pretty agile, but its main strength is survivability.  I took a straight KV 150mm in the rear earlier and only lost 350HP, normally that kills any light or low medium, but I survived and directed SPG fire on it.

You're a brutal scout, play as such.  You can take a couple of hits, but don't be afraid to dive into a 1 v 1 with any kind of tank.  Just don't expose yourself to multi-tank fire unless you're a suicide 'Scout' achievement whore.

it is not a scout.
it is mini patton

it has almost same reload as french light tanks with autoloader, but can drive and brawl around them while frenchies has to stop to fire accurately or choose luck based method of fightin you... ofc valid only 1:1 which happens 1:50

Costs are killing this tank player base.

Its only for premium accounts that can afford credit loose at this tier. You are facing 3x tier10 heavies on each side while Is3 kill is already success.

but its funny challenge  :D

Warheart1992 #34 Posted 22 January 2012 - 04:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13909 battles
Chaffee is the best anti- scout scout in the game and that means that if u play smart and wait a little at base till scouts come u will be able to easily get 1-2 kills.

Tier 7 tanks can be killed fairly easy and higher tier with shots at rear and sides.

Just one of your first moves should be to load a vertical stabilizer to improve accuracy while running and you are ready .

Last, scouting this tank aint meant to be zigzaging etc etc =death  . once you get top turret simply go to a nice viewpoint where u can use your awesome view range (as stated before only patton has better ) and as soon as u feel being spotted go back to base

Rasudin #35 Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3728 battles
I have a love hate relationship with my Chaffee. One game everything clicks and it is the most fun tank, the other I'm one shotted the first minute.

This tank will bite your head of if played incorrectly.

bug #36 Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26206 battles
In high tiers it demands an aggressive team. If the opposite team attecks, and you are trapped in front of your team you are dead. Tier 9 and 10 spot you easy, and oneshoot you. You also cant sneak too well and you cant outrun their bullets like an t-50-2 can. Bite the sour apple and camp behind your team, whitch I cant, and I loose a lot of money on it.

samok79 #37 Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4832 battles
Chaffee has a very good gun. Even tier 7-8 heavy tanks can't ignore you if you start chipping them away from behind. This gives ample opportunity for your team to push ahead while the enemies try turning their turrets towards you. If they ignore you, then you get some juicy kills - it happens sometimes  :D
On the other hand: it's speed is limited and it doesn't accelerate very well compared to the other top light scouts. So the number of available spotting posts are kind of limited with it.
Also it doesn't help that it's treated as tier6 (or even tier7 in some cases) by the matchmaker system. I've had plenty of team mates below me on the roaster with tier6 and even tier7 sometimes. While this has some justification, with the addition of french light tanks this seams more like punishing.  :arta:
Also.. while the repair costs are high you get small rewards in terms of earned cash - with a few exceptions, but those are rare.

It's a brutal tank compared to M5 tho'.  :Smile-izmena:

HammeriEX #38 Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28399 battles
  • [EFE] EFE
One of my favorite tanks, great for record rounds  :Smile_great:

The 460m view range is great when combined with Coated Optics, especially in big maps such as Malinovka.

And when Chaffee gets in to Tier 7~ matches, the Top Gun medal's are pretty easy to get.

Here's the battle screen of my EXP record with Chaffee

I currently use Vent, Optics and Camo Net. I'm planning to get Vert. Stabilizer when my crew reaches camo skill of 100% (currently ~70%)

Mike_Hammer #39 Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 27688 battles

View PostHammeriEX, on 26 January 2012 - 08:52 PM, said:

One of my favorite tanks, great for record rounds  :Smile_great:

The 460m view range is great when combined with Coated Optics, especially in big maps such as Malinovka.

And when Chaffee gets in to Tier 7~ matches, the Top Gun medal's are pretty easy to get.

Here's the battle screen of my EXP record with Chaffee

I currently use Vent, Optics and Camo Net. I'm planning to get Vert. Stabilizer when my crew reaches camo skill of 100% (currently ~70%)

Us Hammers get good games in Chaffee  :Smile_great:

Here's mine, just a few minutes ago:

Spoiler                     

Didn't do anything special, things just went my way. This tank makes XP like crazy, and also one of the most fun tanks.

I'm apparently not so good in Chaffee though, I use it as bush scout mainly (have an average of 4.6 scouted tanks per battle in it) and only start shootin later. Peeps are getting 1000-1200 avg xp in it and I'm sub 1k atm.

jabster #40 Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:18 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12806 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
I really like the Chaffee ... it's relatively agile, has a good view range, packs a fast punch and can take a few shots from higher tier tanks.

It's not the same style as the T-50-2 (aggressive scout) but more of a flank supporter/bush scout - well that's the way I play these two anyway. Malinovka is a good one to use the view range on - just sit in a bush and watch as the enemy team get picked off one by one.

The big question is which one I prefer ... erm, has to be the T-50-2 due to it's raw speed. There's just a great level of satisfaction knowing that even though the repair costs are so high (9k) higher tier enemies quickly expend that on shells and still don't manage to hit you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users