Jump to content


eSport


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

nevim1__FTS #1 Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26911 battles
  • 604
  • [ANV-V] ANV-V
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012

Hello WG,

are there going to be competitions on high level where players can win money (something like WGL or go4wot in the past) or is WoT eSport definitely dead? I need to know whether I should keep playing WoT or find game where developers do understand that eSport format must be the same as main game format (or one of main game formats) to make it popular.

 

Thanks for answer.



_Sensation_ #2 Posted 20 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8311 battles
  • 605
  • [H3ART] H3ART
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017
Same question here

Silas001 #3 Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48325 battles
  • 1,722
  • [JUST] JUST
  • Member since:
    01-27-2011

I have this question for years.



SuNd4wN #4 Posted 27 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8041 battles
  • 136
  • [B__M] B__M
  • Member since:
    03-23-2016

View Postnevim1__FTS, on 19 August 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

Hello WG,

are there going to be competitions on high level where players can win money (something like WGL or go4wot in the past) or is WoT eSport definitely dead? I need to know whether I should keep playing WoT or find game where developers do understand that eSport format must be the same as main game format (or one of main game formats) to make it popular.

 

Thanks for answer.

 

What he said.

Hold_F4st #5 Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9962 battles
  • 60
  • [WRR] WRR
  • Member since:
    02-07-2012
I have the same question for last 7 months. There’s already September and still No news about WGL since January. 

matte40 #6 Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19038 battles
  • 533
  • Member since:
    06-11-2012
There won't be any competitive eSport anymore, haven't you realized that already

Jigabachi #7 Posted 08 September 2018 - 06:03 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,995
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
eSport in general already is ridiculous, but it has its place... somewhere. WoT eSport is just laughable, why would you play a broken game like this one in a competitive way? It just doesn't make any sense...

kesha #8 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:46 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 40580 battles
  • 20
  • [S1OUX] S1OUX
  • Member since:
    09-26-2010

View PostJigabachi, on 08 September 2018 - 06:03 AM, said:

eSport in general already is ridiculous, but it has its place... somewhere. WoT eSport is just laughable, why would you play a broken game like this one in a competitive way? It just doesn't make any sense...

 

Why do u think esports in wot is something to laugh about,did u play it and didnt like it?It was a good way to make endgame content more interesting besides cw and randoms which for me were boring and repetive. Esport did have its playerbase.

nevim1__FTS #9 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26911 battles
  • 604
  • [ANV-V] ANV-V
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012
@WG still waiting for answer

passion4LT #10 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35069 battles
  • 15
  • [METAL] METAL
  • Member since:
    01-13-2015
I didnt even know eSports is gone for wot? When did this happen and why? :amazed:

Jigabachi #11 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,995
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postkesha, on 11 September 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

Why do u think esports in wot is something to laugh about,did u play it and didnt like it?It was a good way to make endgame content more interesting besides cw and randoms which for me were boring and repetive. Esport did have its playerbase.

Because there are way more interesting games out there, which aren't completely broken and unbalanced. eSports is meant to be a fair battleground for good and competitive players to mess around. WoT doesn't offer any of the required qualities.



nevim1__FTS #12 Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26911 battles
  • 604
  • [ANV-V] ANV-V
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 12 September 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

Because there are way more interesting games out there, which aren't completely broken and unbalanced. eSports is meant to be a fair battleground for good and competitive players to mess around. WoT doesn't offer any of the required qualities.

 

wot esport is still more tactical than any other

Hold_F4st #13 Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:58 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9962 battles
  • 60
  • [WRR] WRR
  • Member since:
    02-07-2012

WoT WGL is not only about RNG guys...  Ofc, that's not the best thing that it amounts +/- 25%. But still it was really fun, interesting to watch and play cause of the level of tactics and skill. 

I have still a hope that WGL will come back.



nevim1__FTS #14 Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26911 battles
  • 604
  • [ANV-V] ANV-V
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012
still no news about esport? not playing wot ofc when there is no esport so can´t read all news

kesha #15 Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:03 AM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 40580 battles
  • 20
  • [S1OUX] S1OUX
  • Member since:
    09-26-2010

View Postnevim1__FTS, on 02 November 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

still no news about esport? not playing wot ofc when there is no esport so can´t read all news

Atleast a official statement from wg for future of esport, is it to much to ask



kaneloon #16 Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:17 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29229 battles
  • 2,274
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

View Postnevim1__FTS, on 19 August 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

eSport format must be the same as main game format (or one of main game formats) to make it popular.

 

I'm not sure to understand what you are asking for.

What do you mean by that sentence ?



DrNovelzreal #17 Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:37 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31432 battles
  • 1,994
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011

View Postkaneloon, on 14 November 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

 

I'm not sure to understand what you are asking for.

What do you mean by that sentence ?

 

He means that World of tanks competitive format (7v7 mostly) is too far off FFA to be interesting to watch for most parts. Hell, the competitive mode wasn't even ingame when they change the 7/54 format...


Don't get me wrong, I really liked ESL and all, but it's hard to watch when you don't play the format. (Unlike most Esport game : LoL,  SC2, CSGO, HS... ect) and a competitive scene without viewer is doomed.

WG wasn't really good to make it entertaining even if it was way better near the end and had some potential with some tweaks (Low RNG, InGame competitive mode, better and easy to access observer mode...)


 


Edited by DrNovelzreal, 16 November 2018 - 09:40 AM.


cro001 #18 Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30916 battles
  • 2,488
  • [GX] GX
  • Member since:
    10-21-2012

View PostDrNovelzreal, on 16 November 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

He means that World of tanks competitive format (7v7 mostly) is too far off FFA to be interesting to watch for most parts. Hell, the competitive mode wasn't even ingame when they change the 7/54 format...

Don't get me wrong, I really liked ESL and all, but it's hard to watch when you don't play the format. (Unlike most Esport game : LoL,  SC2, CSGO, HS... ect) and a competitive scene without viewer is doomed.
WG wasn't really good to make it entertaining even if it was way better near the end and had some potential with some tweaks (Low RNG, InGame competitive mode, better and easy to access observer mode...)

 

That clan battle vs servers was really good though. Some CW-ish format would be epic.

 

 

 

 

 


nevim1__FTS #19 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26911 battles
  • 604
  • [ANV-V] ANV-V
  • Member since:
    01-09-2012

View Postkaneloon, on 14 November 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

 

I'm not sure to understand what you are asking for.

What do you mean by that sentence ?

 

i mean they could change CW and SH format to ESL format, most players would get used to it and many of them would be interested in esport

TANKOPPRESSION #20 Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:06 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 44081 battles
  • 853
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 08 September 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

eSport in general already is ridiculous, but it has its place... somewhere. WoT eSport is just laughable, why would you play a broken game like this one in a competitive way? It just doesn't make any sense...

 

Why is the game broken ?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users