Give the E-100 a HEAT-shield

E100 German Underpowered Buff Tier 10 Heavy tank Premium spam HEAT Tech tree Premium ammunition

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Should the E-100 be buffed (59 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should the E-100 be buffed?

1. YES - by adding the mentioned in the topic HEAT-shields. (20 votes [33.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.90%

2. YES - but not as suggiested in this topic. (16 votes [27.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.12%

3. NO - it should not be buffed (the german tech tree should even more irreleivant) (23 votes [38.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.98%

Vote Hide poll

Boris_Kiril99 #1 Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27232 battles
  • [BGFRC] BGFRC

Currently the E-100 is ''less than enjoyable to play''. So I would like to propose a buff to this german top tier heavy tank. I'd like to interest you in reading this wall of text and perhaps taking part in the poll which will be included in this topic.

The armor:

The armor is the main problem with this tank (imo). This has to be the only high-tier viechle in which the entire turret (as you all know) is a weakspot and not a small one at that. Most tier 10 and tier 9 tank destroyers can molest in frontaly with regular ammo and even once properly angled most tier 10s still go through it with premium ammunition. This huge weakspot (roughly half the tank) makes the close up brawling role imposibble as people simply DPM-melt you with gold. The only remaining option is trading shots but the gun handling prevents you from reliably trading damage at long or medium distances and at short ranges the turret gets hit easily. In any case making the part of the tank that pokes out to shoot a huge weakspot insures misery for said tank.  

The gun:

The high alfa-damage gun of the E-100 was supposed to be it's specialty. Now there is simply nothing special about it. Now we have the Object 705A (which has a working turret and can take its time to aim); the Type 5 (which doesn't even need to pentetrate or aim) and we are soon going to receive the polish tier 10 which has a working turret, same alfa-damage and on top of that - better gun depression. Accuracy sucks; aim time sucks; the aim blooms upon every movement. All of this implies that the tank is supposed to be played as a brawler - at a distance where the huge turret weakspots can't be missed. Penetration I think is good for 750 alfa, especially if you are desperate or rich and are firing HEAT.

Conclusions and suggiestions:

I think that all problems with the E-100 are derived from the weak turret front. It's turret armor is useless when brawling and the gun makes trading shots way harder and risky than for other heavy tanks. The key to solving these issues and making the E-100 competitive again is in my opinion to simply put some kind of heat-shield on the turret front like on the Super Conqueror.

It might not cover the whole turret front. Covering just parts of it would be reasonable and so there would still be weak spots but people will have to at least aim and not simply point their HEAT towards the turret. Tank destroyers will still be able to punish players who dont't angle their turrets as the heat-shield needs to be only 1-2 mm thick in order to work. Something like this would be enough to make things work:

Once the turret front is heat-shielded the following things should be easier/work:

1. Brawling: You will be able to reliably brawl enemies when angling the turret since they won't be able to HEAT-spam you.

2. Trading shots: You will be able to take your time and actually aim when trading shots due to people not being able to HEAT-spam you.

I don't think that in the current phase of the game where there are Object 268V4-s, Super Conquerors and other tanks that don't require much neural activity to play, buffing the E-100 would be a problem. Meanwhile with this buff we would be punishing HEAT-spamming and promoting skilled play.

18:51 Added after 4 minutes

The WG forum in its infinite wisdom won't let me post a picture with the proposed HEAT-shield but I think that you would get the idea :(

Dava_117 #2 Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21186 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The HEAT shield would be quite irrilevant, unless you place it at ~1m from the main armour, giving problem to the AP and APCR guns too (thanks to the 10 caliber rules).

A better idea, IMO, would be to add 20-30mm to turret sides, so E100 would became easier to angle. Afterall, E100 is pretty darn good at sidescraping, even better than Maus, if a skillful use of all the ammo type is added.

DuncaN_101 #3 Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54572 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

why stop there? why not give it better gunhandling and higher pen while we're at it.

buffing every bloody tank in the game constantly will only make the problem bigger. Balance the rest of the tanks before buffing the E100 i'd say

PervyPastryPuffer #4 Posted 20 August 2018 - 07:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32704 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Buff turret armor front/side by +20/+10mm.

Boris_Kiril99 #5 Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27232 battles
  • [BGFRC] BGFRC

View PostDava_117, on 20 August 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

The HEAT shield would be quite irrilevant, unless you place it at ~1m from the main armour, giving problem to the AP and APCR guns too (thanks to the 10 caliber rules).

A better idea, IMO, would be to add 20-30mm to turret sides, so E100 would became easier to angle. Afterall, E100 is pretty darn good at sidescraping, even better than Maus, if a skillful use of all the ammo type is added.

Yeah that wouldnt be bad idea at all. But it wont help while your turret is pointing towards the enemy and aiming.

Dava_117 #6 Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21186 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBoris_Kiril99, on 20 August 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

Yeah that wouldnt be bad idea at all. But it wont help while your turret is pointing towards the enemy and aiming.

True, but being in an invulnerable position is already an advantage for the team. While a tank is keeping you under aim, he isn't shooting someone else. This is still part of the tanking damage tactics. 

I do the same in my KV-4, and it's epic when you have 2 tanks staring at you while your team slaughter the others. Also E100 has the alpha advantage, that means more people would bee prone too "stare" at it. And when the situation is ready, E100 have also plenty of HP to trade.

Side armour also works in the open! So you can force other tanks to trade at your speed, where you have the advantage! ;)

Andrasan89 #7 Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7937 battles
  • [NEBUN] NEBUN

like i said many times and ill say again and again and AGAIN

NOT E100 NEEDS A BUFF !! OTHERS NEED A NERF !!!  STOP POWERCREEP AND P2W !!

NOT ANTI AMMO THINGS MUST BE ADDED ON ARMOR !! AMMO MUST BE REWORKED !! (PREMIUM AMMO !!)

:facepalm:

DeadLecter #8 Posted 20 August 2018 - 08:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28804 battles

has it ever occurred to you that E100 and Maus have different roles? E100 has a huge TD level alpha. so giving it a Maus like turret will make Maus useless. Btw russian heavies are far from OP in my opinion and while true they have turret armor they have weakspots as well. IS7 has bad prem rounds 277 has literally no armor and 705a is really easy to pen for tall tanks and even easier when you fire Prem ammo so I dont think E100 needs any buff. 

Just my opinion though. And to be honest we should stop asking for buffs and start asking for nerfs. Buffing tanks only makes the game a huge gold ammo sink at all tiers

PervyPastryPuffer #9 Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 32704 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Btw the E100 uses the Maus' turret in War Thunder:

snowlywhite #10 Posted 20 August 2018 - 09:46 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20381 battles

how is 705 a competitor? that whole line is total junk. Didn't hear anyone liking that line.

and 705 might have time to aim, but that still doesn't mean it'll hit anything :P

panzer_war #11 Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6858 battles
  • [-NIB-] -NIB-
just add 20mm to the front and 30mm to the sides

Simeon85 #12 Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1101 battles

We don't need more turret armour power creep on tier 10. 

E100 is generally fine, maybe some quality of life buffs like a little better agility or gun handling, but in reality other power creep tanks on tier 10 need to be toned down. 

Lord_Edge #13 Posted 22 August 2018 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6020 battles

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 20 August 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

Btw the E100 uses the Maus' turret in War Thunder:

IIRC the E100 when it was on test server used the Maus turret with the (current) Krupp turret as a researchable upgrade, but the Maus turret was removed before it went live.

LordMuffin #14 Posted 22 August 2018 - 04:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50000 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBoris_Kiril99, on 20 August 2018 - 07:47 PM, said:

Currently the E-100 is ''less than enjoyable to play''. So I would like to propose a buff to this german top tier heavy tank. I'd like to interest you in reading this wall of text and perhaps taking part in the poll which will be included in this topic.

The armor:

The armor is the main problem with this tank (imo). This has to be the only high-tier viechle in which the entire turret (as you all know) is a weakspot and not a small one at that. Most tier 10 and tier 9 tank destroyers can molest in frontaly with regular ammo and even once properly angled most tier 10s still go through it with premium ammunition. This huge weakspot (roughly half the tank) makes the close up brawling role imposibble as people simply DPM-melt you with gold. The only remaining option is trading shots but the gun handling prevents you from reliably trading damage at long or medium distances and at short ranges the turret gets hit easily. In any case making the part of the tank that pokes out to shoot a huge weakspot insures misery for said tank.  

The gun:

The high alfa-damage gun of the E-100 was supposed to be it's specialty. Now there is simply nothing special about it. Now we have the Object 705A (which has a working turret and can take its time to aim); the Type 5 (which doesn't even need to pentetrate or aim) and we are soon going to receive the polish tier 10 which has a working turret, same alfa-damage and on top of that - better gun depression. Accuracy sucks; aim time sucks; the aim blooms upon every movement. All of this implies that the tank is supposed to be played as a brawler - at a distance where the huge turret weakspots can't be missed. Penetration I think is good for 750 alfa, especially if you are desperate or rich and are firing HEAT.

Conclusions and suggiestions:

I think that all problems with the E-100 are derived from the weak turret front. It's turret armor is useless when brawling and the gun makes trading shots way harder and risky than for other heavy tanks. The key to solving these issues and making the E-100 competitive again is in my opinion to simply put some kind of heat-shield on the turret front like on the Super Conqueror.

It might not cover the whole turret front. Covering just parts of it would be reasonable and so there would still be weak spots but people will have to at least aim and not simply point their HEAT towards the turret. Tank destroyers will still be able to punish players who dont't angle their turrets as the heat-shield needs to be only 1-2 mm thick in order to work. Something like this would be enough to make things work:

Once the turret front is heat-shielded the following things should be easier/work:

1. Brawling: You will be able to reliably brawl enemies when angling the turret since they won't be able to HEAT-spam you.

2. Trading shots: You will be able to take your time and actually aim when trading shots due to people not being able to HEAT-spam you.

I don't think that in the current phase of the game where there are Object 268V4-s, Super Conquerors and other tanks that don't require much neural activity to play, buffing the E-100 would be a problem. Meanwhile with this buff we would be punishing HEAT-spamming and promoting skilled play.

18:51 Added after 4 minutes

The WG forum in its infinite wisdom won't let me post a picture with the proposed HEAT-shield but I think that you would get the idea :(

I propose a removal of premium ammo from all tanks, a remake of quite a few armour models, though not E100.

And done.

ares354 #15 Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 75162 battles

WG will do crap, why ? Because their balance team is incompetent in what they are doing, just read what those people say;

Block Quote

How exactly is it decided by WG that a tank is overperforming or underperforming? Why is it that it can seem to take a year or more to make this determination whenever the player base is calling for action sooner?

Anton B: We try to make our decisions based on hard data, rather than on feelings. I mean, that it seems very easy to judge a vehicle from a subjective point of view. But, it easily can become a rushed, wrong judgement. Once a new vehicle is added, it’s quickly adopted by the most active, and often the most skilled of our players. Plus, others have a very limited knowledge on how to combat this new enemy – what are its weaknesses, where to shoot and so on. So, for the first several months any statistics related to it are distorted because of who is playing it, and how people play against it. After a while, usually in about half a year give or take, stats stabilize and we can separate the human factor from vehicle power to draw any conclusion on how the vehicle actually performs.

^^You read craplike that and you then see WG and all match. 

-I will give you few tips
-T34-2 from China was added in 2013. 5 years passed and WG didint do jack crapto balance tier 8 up to 10 in china tech tree MT line. 
-TVP VTU was added at the end of 2015, soon it will be 3 years of this tank in wot. For past 3 years WG DID crap to balance him out.

This list may go on for very long time. I may be a bit biased, but even I can do better job balancing this GAME then those people. Unlike most WG employees in balance department I palyed most tanks i talk about, and I know what they need. Few good player from WOT community is enough to balance this game in less the month. 

BUT WG need years of gathering data to make 2 fuckign buffs !!! That just silly and stupid. That why they wont buff E100 in any way. BECAUSE they need time to do so. Even add that 30 mm side armor to turret, MAYBE in 2020. 

Edited by ares354, 22 August 2018 - 05:16 PM.

Thrael7 #16 Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24027 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postares354, on 22 August 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

^^You read craplike that and you then see WG and all match. 
--------------------------

-T34-2 from China was added in 2013. 5 years passed and WG didint do jack crapto balance tier 8 up to 10 in china tech tree MT line. 
-TVP VTU was added at the end of 2015, soon it will be 3 years of this tank in wot. For past 3 years WG DID crap to balance him.

Tbh, the 121 got buffed 3-4 times and became better than ever. Still powercrept but not as mediocre as it used to be when I wasted time playing it.

The VTU is definitely affected by current MM. In the past it 'd be just an average T8 which we wouldn't wanna keep. Not a big deal. Ofc, it's the state of the game that makes Tier 8 in general, a sad place to be.

Let them buff and buff. Do we still care as much? Haven't we distanced ourselves from the prem shop and the game anyway?

ares354 #17 Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:33 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 75162 battles

View PostThrael7, on 22 August 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

Tbh, the 121 got buffed 3-4 times and became better than ever. Still powercrept but not as mediocre as it used to be when I wasted time playing it.

The VTU is definitely affected by current MM. In the past it 'd be just an average T8 which we wouldn't wanna keep. Not a big deal. Ofc, it's the state of the game that makes Tier 8 in general, a sad place to be.

Let them buff and buff. Do we still care as much? Haven't we distanced ourselves from the prem shop and the game anyway?

121 buff was quite crap. Compere 121 buff he got to T54 Mod 1 buff, or T44 100 or T44. See pattern here ? Buff to Soviet tanks are always way more influential then the other. Compere big German buff from 9.17.1 Panther 88 what got and later on, what T54 mod 1 got. 

And TVP VTU was trash from very begining of CZ\SK tech in game. 

I just dont really understand logic of WG, just like EA. 

This is list of buff T54 mod 1 got after he was added to game 

- pen buffed

- ammo amount buffed

- gun handling buffed

- armor buffed

- view range buffed

- engine buff

Panther 88 

-Traverse Speed buffed from 38° sec. to 40° sec.

-Engine Power of Maybach HL 230 P30 changed from 600 to 700hp.

T54 mod 1 was buffed more th nonce. How many premium MT got that kind of love over the years from WG ? I tell you, not many. 

Edited by ares354, 22 August 2018 - 09:34 PM.

catatpillar #18 Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20558 battles
And wings! So they can shoot from above!

mtnm #19 Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3508 battles
Buffing a german tank ? Niet tovarich! Must avoid the "slippery slope". Man that post cracked me up. Gotta find it.

Edited by mtnm, 22 August 2018 - 10:51 PM.

catatpillar #20 Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20558 battles

First of all E100 players must learn how to hide their tank, how to angle it, and how to not stand in open fields turning your hull and turret at 0 degrees towards their opponents.

I have seen a lot of topics about german tanks and E100 need to be rebalanced or buffed, but i haven't seen an E100 player actually trying to sidescrape in ages! (Ugh excuse me i saw one today) All E100's i have seen recently stand wide open watching me while they reload. If i can penetrate e100 not trying to hide weak spots with is-7 worst gun in history, then what about TD guns?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users