Badger or Obj 268 4

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

HowlingDonkey #1 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8643 battles

hi 

so which one do u think is better to grind first?

i was going for 268 and im still in tier 8 grinding the top gun but im not so sure anymore right now if im want to keep grinding this line. i hear players complain about 268 being broken but have not heard anything about badger or seeing too many of them in my battles why is that ?

im really tempted to go for the badger instead. that dpm is so awesome.

NoobySkooby #2 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14205 battles
If you like crawling and brawling then go for the Badger, if you want to go charging in like a medium, and do some in your face damage, the go for the bobject, i was thinking of going for the bobject myself but I am slowly (no pun intended) coming round to wanting the badger.

HowlingDonkey #3 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8643 battles

any cons beside the low top speed?

i rly hate the gun depression on 268 line i mean come on what can i do with 3 degree of depression? another point for badger line with 10 degree.

DeadLecter #4 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24445 battles

Badger has 1 downside. Its mobility is really bad but it has great DPM and gun dep. V4 is an assault TD. Depends on your playstyle

I prefer V4 

NoobySkooby #5 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14205 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 21 August 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

Badger has 1 downside. Its mobility is really bad but it has great DPM and gun dep. V4 is an assault TD. Depends on your playstyle

I prefer V4 

Oh crap. means i will have to grind for both of them then:ohmy:

DeadLecter #6 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24445 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 21 August 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

Oh crap. means i will have to grind for both of them then:ohmy:

but take it easy. Cause badger has a grind that will make you wanna remove the game. The line is full of crap tanks from the beginning of T5 all the way to T9. But V4 is mostly fun tanks. all of them have very similar playstyles while there isn't much consistency in Badger line. play style varies with each tank so take it slow and make sure you dont have any guns nearby when you are playing them. Cause blowing your brains out is better than playing some of them i.e AT2

Bennie182 #7 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54308 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
unbalanced vs unbalanced... who cares what you go for?

Balc0ra #8 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66618 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHowlingDonkey, on 21 August 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

i hear players complain about 268 being broken but have not heard anything about badger or seeing too many of them in my battles why is that ?

Badger line going up is not known for being as great if you will. That and they all lack mobility. And their gun's are not really good until you get to the tier 9. The SU's before the Obj still has armor and mobility, and decent guns going up. So it's less of a pain to grind. I suspect that's why. And ofc the hype the tier X there has. Badger is not bad tbh. As the gun on it can hold any lane. But the road to it is less then fun tbh. 

View PostHowlingDonkey, on 21 August 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

any cons beside the low top speed?

Speed and traverse is a killer vs meds and lights on any map. And up to tier 9 they have some massive weak spots on the roof most can easily pen even after the buffs. SU line less so besides their paper lower plate. But at least you can hide that on most maps. Tho the AT-7 has the gun on the opposite side of the roof spot. So have the gun out of the corner, and the cupola behind the wall, and you can hold it all day. 

But it's basically down to if you want great DPM, armor and no speed. Or Alpha, no dpm, armor and some speed. Tho going the 268 4 is not the worst idea considering the new Personal missions. As on the 2nd tank, you need a Chinese or Russian tank to bounce, do and take 12K combined damage on the last mission for them. So the 268 4 might be a good contender there. And for most of the missions on the 2nd tank. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 August 2018 - 05:49 PM.

HowlingDonkey #9 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8643 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 21 August 2018 - 05:23 PM, said:

I prefer V4 

View PostDeadLecter, on 21 August 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

but take it easy. Cause badger has a grind that will make you wanna remove the game. The line is full of crap tanks from the beginning of T5 all the way to T9. But V4 is mostly fun tanks. all of them have very similar playstyles while there isn't much consistency in Badger line. play style varies with each tank so take it slow and make sure you dont have any guns nearby when you are playing them. Cause blowing your brains out is better than playing some of them i.e AT2

well i have the tolerance for sure. i grind through every tank i own without spending money on free xp and i dont even have a perm acc.

i think badger is more verastile vs v4 since it has a very accurate gun it doesnt need to go face to face with enemies but it has the armor to do so if need be.

tnx for the advice i think im going to give up on my su 101 for now and go for the badger.

View PostBennie182, on 21 August 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

unbalanced vs unbalanced... who cares what you go for?

well its there for anyone to go for its not something exclusive. i just wanted some advice before i do anything becuz im giving up on alot of tanks that i got and i dont want to waste my time on anything thats not working for me ( like udes, t28 prot and t69 ).

Solstad1069 #10 Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41019 battles
Have both, dont play either very much because tier 10 is not the place if you want to have fun.

HowlingDonkey #11 Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8643 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 21 August 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

Badger line going up is not known for being as great if you will. That and they all lack mobility. And their gun's are not really good until you get to the tier 9. The SU's before the Obj still has armor and mobility, and decent guns going up. So it's less of a pain to grind. I suspect that's why. And ofc the hype the tier X there has. Badger is not bad tbh. As the gun on it can hold any lane. But the road to it is less then fun tbh. 

Speed and traverse is a killer vs meds and lights on any map. And up to tier 9 they have some massive weak spots on the roof most can easily pen even after the buffs. SU line less so besides their paper lower plate. But at least you can hide that on most maps. Tho the AT-7 has the gun on the opposite side of the roof spot. So have the gun out of the corner, and the cupola behind the wall, and you can hold it all day. 

But it's basically down to if you want great DPM, armor and no speed. Or Alpha, no dpm, armor and some speed. Tho going the 268 4 is not the worst idea considering the new Personal missions. As on the 2nd tank, you need a Chinese or Russian tank to bounce, do and take 12K combined damage on the last mission for them. So the 268 4 might be a good contender there. And for most of the missions on the 2nd tank. 

thanks for taking the time to reply 

i was going to sell the su101 but if  its useful for mission then im going to keep it for a while.

and yes AT tank are mostly jokes maybe beside t8 but most british tanks are crap in low tiers i guess. if they are good as ure saying in tier 8 and up im ok with it.

i try not to rush the grind so it can be less frustrating.

17:06 Added after 2 minutes

View PostSolstad1069, on 21 August 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

Have both, dont play either very much because tier 10 is not the place if you want to have fun.

beside the credit loss it beats playing t8 though atleast ure sure ure top tier every game.

i dont have a t10 tank so im not sure whats wrong there.

Edited by HowlingDonkey, 21 August 2018 - 06:07 PM.

DeadLecter #12 Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24445 battles

View PostHowlingDonkey, on 21 August 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

well i have the tolerance for sure. i grind through every tank i own without spending money on free xp and i dont even have a perm acc.

i think badger is more verastile vs v4 since it has a very accurate gun it doesnt need to go face to face with enemies but it has the armor to do so if need be.

tnx for the advice i think im going to give up on my su 101 for now and go for the badger.

well its there for anyone to go for its not something exclusive. i just wanted some advice before i do anything becuz im giving up on alot of tanks that i got and i dont want to waste my time on anything thats not working for me ( like udes, t28 prot and t69 ).

Look some tank line are good overal but their Tier 10 sucks. Some lines are garbage from the beginning but they have a great T10 like badger and FYI Udes was and is awesome. T28 prot while not the best is far from being the worst. Cant speak for T69 since I havent progressed that much into that line

HowlingDonkey #13 Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8643 battles

View PostDeadLecter, on 21 August 2018 - 06:07 PM, said:

Look some tank line are good overal but their Tier 10 sucks. Some lines are garbage from the beginning but they have a great T10 like badger and FYI Udes was and is awesome. T28 prot while not the best is far from being the worst. Cant speak for T69 since I havent progressed that much into that line

i played udes its very situational i think. in most maps its useless unless ure in a big open map which i rarely get it will get wreck. but yes when u get a chance to play some open maps its another story.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66618 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHowlingDonkey, on 21 August 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

thanks for taking the time to reply 

i was going to sell the su101 but if  its useful for mission then im going to keep it for a while.

and yes AT tank are mostly jokes maybe beside t8 but most british tanks are crap in low tiers i guess. if they are good as ure saying in tier 8 and up im ok with it.

I've not played the SU's after the line changes etc. As I was on the old tier 9 when the changes came. So no idea how they are to play now, but I know how their armor works when playing other tanks. And if they are same tier or higher then me. It's a tricky thing to deal with vs most of my guns at med to long range. Tho pre-change I had little love for them, and the tier 8 was the worst stock grind on the line. No idea how they are now tho. But I still only did keep the tier 9 and X on that line. 

On the UK line, I've kept the tier 8, 9 and X. I had little love for the tier 5 to 7. AT-15 has armor and no mobility. But what I liked about that was the DPM and the gun arch. Go to a corner and use the max arch you can on your gun, and you have so much effective armor it's silly. That and the mantle weakspot is now removed. Still terrible on open maps vs the SU's. But on urban maps or corridors. They can dominate. So again.. down to style I guess. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 21 August 2018 - 06:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users