why hasnt the Noob 5 Heavy been nerfed yet...

Noob 5 Heavy Noob proof tanks

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

haha_ufail #1 Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22570 battles
  • [CHLHW] CHLHW

this tank has to be the most noob proof tank in the game, imo even beating the defender, because atleast the defender has weakspots and has to actualy aim at its targets to kill them, if its going to stay the way it is, it needs locking in tier 10 only games, because tier 8 stand little to no chance against it.

sure i could just "dab the 2 key" but this shouldnt be the only solution to this broken wall of lies.

Edited by haha_ufail, 23 August 2018 - 02:45 AM.

BonjiOrongji #2 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40860 battles
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE

View Posthaha_ufail, on 23 August 2018 - 02:44 AM, said:

this tank has to be the most noob proof tank in the game, imo even beating the defender, because atleast the defender has weakspots and has to actualy aim at its targets to kill them, if its going to stay the way it is, it needs locking in tier 10 only games, because tier 8 stand little to no chance against it.

sure i could just "dab the 2 key" but this shouldnt be the only solution to this broken wall of lies.

this tank is stupid and broken but not OP ... just nerfing it is not the answer

Gremlin182 #3 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:29 AM

General

• Player
  • 48811 battles

Yes dabbing the 2 key is the answer for all tanks that do not have a standard ammo pen above 280.

There are tier 10 tanks that can pen a type 5 heavy frontally without dabbing the 2 key.

Yeah its a bit broken but its not really OP.

You could give it the usual weak spot of tanks ie the lower plate.

Wouldnt mind if the improved in the 14cm gun so the players had an alternative to derping

Metalsniper #4 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20168 battles
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S

It's big. It's slow. It's an arty magnet. And if you know where to shoot it, you can pen it realiably. Just learn where to shoot or learn to gold. I actually dont mind it, for me it's a damage pinaida.

It is actually good for the game. It punishes hull down campers. Only thing that really needs a nerf is the bobject...

Edited by Metalsniper, 23 August 2018 - 05:04 AM.

Grimmx #5 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12954 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View PostMetalsniper, on 23 August 2018 - 05:00 AM, said:

It's big. It's slow. It's an arty magnet. And if you know where to shoot it, you can pen it realiably. Just learn where to shoot or learn to gold. I actually dont mind it, for me it's a damage pinaida.

It is actually good for the game. It punishes hull down campers. Only thing that really needs a nerf is the bobject...

Try logging in with a stock tank and meet these tanks.

Having a tank IG that you can’t penetrate with lower tiers even when spamming gold is beyond idiotic.

Defending it and and saying it’s ok is wrong on so many levels. Like hull down tanks is a reason for this idiot tank to exist. So arty isn’t enough? More game breaking things need added to the game?

What do you think will happen to gameplay when most people own a type 5?

Ever meet a type 5 platoon and loose by MM btw? It’s not fun.

Please stop being idiots and say it’s ok to have IG . It isn’t!

Edited by Grimmx, 23 August 2018 - 06:33 AM.

Anomoly #6 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41082 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostGrimmx, on 23 August 2018 - 05:27 AM, said:

Try logging in with a stock tank and meet these tanks.

Having a tank IG that you can’t penetrate with lower tiers even when spamming gold is beyond idiotic.

Defending it and and saying it’s ok is wrong on so many levels. Like hull down tanks is a reason for this idiot tank to exist. So arty isn’t enough? More game breaking things need added to the game?

What do you think will happen to gameplay when most people own a type 5?

Ever meet a type 5 platoon and loose by MM btw? It’s not fun.

Please stop being idiots and say it’s ok to have IG . It isn’t!

He has good arguments, and the type 4 and type 5 arent really usefull in most maps. except for some coridor maps. and tier 10 doesnt play stock. Most of the tier 9's doesn't play stock either.

You can easily pen it. 

LordMuffin #7 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48136 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBonjiOrongji, on 23 August 2018 - 03:03 AM, said:

this tank is stupid and broken but not OP ... just nerfing it is not the answer

Indeed, removing the gun and remaking the armour is what should happen but never will.

05:52 Added after 3 minutes

View Postlaptus, on 23 August 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

He has good arguments, and the type 4 and type 5 arent really usefull in most maps. except for some coridor maps. and tier 10 doesnt play stock. Most of the tier 9's doesn't play stock either.

You can easily pen it. 

Type 5 might struggle on Prokhorovka and Malinovka. But thats it, on all other maps it is fine.

You can only reliably pen the type 5 if you use premium ammo or use a 290+ pen TD.

So no, you can't easily pen it with regular shells.

Anomoly #8 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41082 battles
  • [QSF-C] QSF-C

View PostLordMuffin, on 23 August 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Indeed, removing the gun and remaking the armour is what should happen but never will.

05:52 Added after 3 minutes

Type 5 might struggle on Prokhorovka and Malinovka. But thats it, on all other maps it is fine.

You can only reliably pen the type 5 if you use premium ammo or use a 290+ pen TD.

So no, you can't easily pen it with regular shells.

i own the type 4 heavy myself and wasn't really happy with it. I had several games where i was useless and were getting destroyed by td's or arty.

But maybe i just suck in them, i dont know. i have never had a problem fighting them myself. but i have to admit when you're playing against them it is kinda annoying if they still damage you while you have great armor.

But op? nah i dont think so. can it be irritating? absolutely 

Grimmx #9 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12954 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

View Postlaptus, on 23 August 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

You can easily pen it. 

You cant easily pen it. Even shooting gold in my IS7 its a 50% chance on most Surfaces.

And tier 9 doesnt have stock tanks? what planet do you live on? 

I dont pad and play most "guns" Stock. It cant be Balance to buy xp for gold rather than play Stock tanks. Then Wargaming wins.

In a 3-5-7 matchup Type 5 is OP, its no question about it.

leggasiini #10 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:45 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14201 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostLordMuffin, on 23 August 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Prokho is fine for Type 5 unless there are multiple arties and Mali encounter is fine as well. Province and Glacier are two other maps where it actually suffers, and 1 of them is gone next patch from higher tiers. Even on open maps the Type 5 isn't necessarily awful.

View PostMetalsniper, on 23 August 2018 - 06:00 AM, said:

And if you know where to shoot it, you can pen it realiably. Just learn where to shoot or learn to gold.

This option is kinda not valid for almost any tank in the game except some tier 10 TDs. It's only the latter.

------------

Type 5 is broken and needs to be overhauled completely. It's still kinda OP to an extend, but only if you fire full premium HE. Said it in almost every Type 5 topic but this is the "holy trinity" on how to fix the Type 5 (and entire Japanese HT line for the matter):

1. Increase the armor thickness to the point where even premium struggles to pen it, BUT nerf the cupola and LFP to the point where standard ammo can pen them. This makes Type 5 less of a gold ammo bait but you are rewarded if you aim and shoot weakspot.
  2. Buff 14cm penetration to 259 / 307 mm (+10/+25). Either buff accuracy or gun handling slightly.
  3. Remove derp gun, nerf it (either just remove prem HE and buff reload slightly and call it a day or remove prem HE and drop HE alpha to 950 but buff handling, reload and give it AP so it's like even faster O-Ho derp) or rework it into (semi-)AP based gun, where you have an option for a gun with even bigger alpha than 14cm and better HE shells but awful accuracy and rather crappy AP pen.

It's not even that hard, but knowing WG...it won't happen. There are other options such as giving unique mechanics, or giving it further worse armor but buffing the 14cm massively to the point its like turreted TD that is slow, huge and doesn't have amazing armor but has a huge HP pool, etc, but I feel like doing this is enough to make the Type balanced while still keeping it unique.

Edited by leggasiini, 23 August 2018 - 09:01 AM.

_b_ #11 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles

I'd rather call Type 4 and Type 5 broken ...giving them gold HE "point somewhat towards enemy and do XYZ amount of damage while you happily lick on a window" ammo wasn't exactly WGs proudest moment.

I'd rate it along their initial release of Bobject v4 and defenders ...amongst other facepalm moments over the years... 10/10 for trolling ...but 1/10 for "good for game" :/

Simeon85 #12 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles
Type 5 is still OP, it makes almost all players overperform, it's not bobject levels but it's still a boost. 

cragarion #13 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:31 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44071 battles
It wont get nerfed because the vast majority of other tier 10s can pen it with normal ammo if they know where to shoot, and most other tanks that will face it can pen it with gold ammo, just dont go toe to toe with it.

DarkPacifist #14 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS

View Postcragarion, on 23 August 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

It wont get nerfed because the vast majority of other tier 10s can pen it with normal ammo if they know where to shoot, and most other tanks that will face it can pen it with gold ammo, just dont go toe to toe with it.

Please mate, tell us what tank you use to pen it with standard ammo

Geno1isme #15 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42636 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

"In terms of prem ammo, they’re close at coming up with a solution according to Andrey-kun, including some major changes to HESH-ammo, fixing the issues with the Type 5 Heavy (OMG FINALLY!!) etc."

https://thearmoredpa...ream-22-august/

Have to wait to find out what this actually means though.

KillingJoker #16 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I think its hillarious when people say the tank its not broken...

Do you know a thing called 3-5-7 mm? 

you need at least 300mm of penetration to reliably go throw the front of a type 5 heavy, my IS-7 with its 303 mm on apcr, have 85% chance of penetrate the driver port...

its the type 5 heavy area i have higher chance of penetrate with an IS-7, every other weaker spots frontally are 60/65% chance...

Now imagine, a type 5 heavy player in 3-5-7 mm, with 7 tier VIII's, where only the TD's will have gold rounds good enough to go throw, imagine the 5 tier IX's mediums that many of them don't have more than 260... 

And you can see the point already right? the type 5 heavy is absolutely stupid, because the frontal weakspots are insane... there is no weakspots in the front...

every tank in the game should have frontal areas that can be penetrated by -2 tier guns (at least with gold) ..

The type 5 heavy weaker areas in the front should be around 250mm... at least the driver port should be, but its 261 mm

Just like the way they nerfed the obj 268v4, they should do the same with the type 5 heavy...

the commander hatch and the driver port should be nerfed into 245 or 250 mm, rater than 260 mm

And that would be enough to balance the tank...some people with skill would actually even stop using gold vs it, if they could pen it with regular AP.

DarkPacifist #17 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS
I should agree with KillingJoker, whatever tier 10 heavy tank I am in, as soon as I see thats there's a Type 5 heavy in the ennemy tank, I just dab the 2 key, knowing that if I don't I won't be able to do anything to him when he would just be able to put 300 to 600 (or higher) damages to me, but with a reliably penable weakspot I wouldn't do so, even maus has weakspots penabled with standard rounds

Hamsterkicker #18 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34013 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB

What is even worse is that currently in Advances on city maps you are bound to meet upto 8 or 9 Type 5 Heavies in a single opposing team.Just camping base or attacking in one group.  It is just beyond idiotic to have to play against that. The only thing you can do is to get the same team layout.

DarkPacifist #19 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26933 battles
  • [CR0WS] CR0WS

View PostHamsterkicker, on 23 August 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

What is even worse is that currently in Advances on city maps you are bound to meet upto 8 or 9 Type 5 Heavies in a single opposing team.Just camping base or attacking in one group.  It is just beyond idiotic to have to play against that. The only thing you can do is to get the same team layout.

I do not totally agree with you on your second point. It is real that you find a lot of these pesky tanks, but I believe that a mobile setup with good dpm can break them (not totaly sure now as it has been a while since I last went into an Advance but some months ago we used to in my former clan)

Hamsterkicker #20 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34013 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB

View PostDarkPacifist, on 23 August 2018 - 09:48 AM, said:

I do not totally agree with you on your second point. It is real that you find a lot of these pesky tanks, but I believe that a mobile setup with good dpm can break them (not totaly sure now as it has been a while since I last went into an Advance but some months ago we used to in my former clan)

The main issue is that as the opposing team in a Maus, or E100 or IS7 you have to load gold and still aim for weakspots which are difficult to hit if they are constantly covering one another, whilst they can just point in your direction, spam HE and take you down.  War of attrition for real. We do still win from time to time, especially if they over commit and their blob gets separated a bit, but pfft..it is a hard and slow process...

Edited by Hamsterkicker, 23 August 2018 - 10:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users