Jump to content


World of Tanks: Pushing Forward


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:28 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 697 battles
  • 754
  • Member since:
    08-23-2016

Commanders,

 

With summer drawing to a close, we think it’s the best time to give you some high-level information direct from the source. So prepare to hear about French vehicles that trade metal tracks for rubber tires and upcoming revamped locales: Empire's border, Ghost town, Highway, and Widepark! :)

 

More information here.

 

Roll Out!



kaneloon #2 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:40 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27919 battles
  • 1,495
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

Damn why did I mount the japanese and swedish lines instead of french and british ;)

 

A big thank you for the news maps, a long time we were waiting for them !



WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 45038 battles
  • 773
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013
Thanks for starting the thread Kandly...a few of us were looking for it after yesterday's announcement. French armoured cars look like fun, and I'm looking forward to hearing details on the Caernarvon AX marathon. Still wondering whether there is anything significant about the under-wraps T-72/T-90 that was in our garage last week.

Kandly #4 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

    Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 697 battles
  • 754
  • Member since:
    08-23-2016

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 23 August 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

Thanks for starting the thread Kandly...a few of us were looking for it after yesterday's announcement. French armoured cars look like fun, and I'm looking forward to hearing details on the Caernarvon AX marathon. Still wondering whether there is anything significant about the under-wraps T-72/T-90 that was in our garage last week.

 

Yeah, sorry about that, they usually go out automatically, but this time around the portal said no:teethhappy:

Trevissz #5 Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:27 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 65099 battles
  • 26
  • Member since:
    11-08-2012

The Wheeled vehicles It is very bad move WG :(. In the game it does not have a place the wheeled vehicles, just in event game mod. 

They are copied again War Tunder. 

 


Edited by Trevissz, 23 August 2018 - 11:28 AM.


O_verdose #6 Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:31 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 40621 battles
  • 106
  • [RO-DM] RO-DM
  • Member since:
    09-24-2014

Wonderful news!

 

So all problems are solved: mm is heaven, powercreep has been dealt with, all maps are perfectly balanced, pmm tanks have been updated succesfully (this was an urgent matter as i recall so i guess all wg staff was working on it) , ghost shells - no more, wierd dings are gone (25% rng you know, "esports") and now finally all staff was freed and contributed to "moving forward".

 

We have a new nation with new tanks ("unique" -  what a load of crap - dmg of e100 and russian armor ). I guess my dream of having the zulu nation tech tree (now that;s something unique) is slowly dying as now we will have wheeled vehicles....



morganakis_gr #7 Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 70775 battles
  • 535
  • [GR_GR] GR_GR
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013

View PostKandly, on 23 August 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

Commanders,

 

With summer drawing to a close, we think it’s the best time to give you some high-level information direct from the source. So prepare to hear about French vehicles that trade metal tracks for rubber tires and upcoming revamped locales: Empire's border, Ghost town, Highway, and Widepark! :)

 

More information here.

 

Roll Out!

please one hint, the new line will start from tier 1 to 10 or from light line from 7 to 10?

 



Andrasan89 #8 Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6741 battles
  • 263
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostTrevissz, on 23 August 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

The Wheeled vehicles It is very bad move WG :(. In the game it does not have a place the wheeled vehicles, just in event game mod. 

They are copied again War Tunder. 

 

 

and since WT is superior on some aspects thats a good thing ;)

i hope they will "copy" more features like some realism, spotting ideas, maps design...etc

 

anyway looks decent...cant say anything untill we see their BALANCE



Denton_0451 #9 Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23848 battles
  • 1,635
  • Member since:
    02-18-2011
Wheeled vehicles will be cool, but does this mean that we will get halftracks in the future too?

TheArk_2014 #10 Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 60388 battles
  • 776
  • [AETOS] AETOS
  • Member since:
    01-03-2014

View PostTrevissz, on 23 August 2018 - 10:27 AM, said:

The Wheeled vehicles It is very bad move WG :(. In the game it does not have a place the wheeled vehicles, just in event game mod. 

They are copied again War Tunder. 

 

 

Mate, it is very simple, if you don't like them, don't play them ...

... no matter what WG do there are always some people who will complain ...

 

... on the other hand, WG has (probably) a Marketing Department that reads the statistics and it can says what is good or bad for the company, no matter if some of the changes/additions don't fit/suite to some players/customers.

 

PS: Personally I like the idea of the wheeled armored vehicles/tracks and I will try them.

 

PS 2: I think that soon enough we will have (as a premium tank) that strange Swedish hybrid tank that can use both tracks and wheels.


Edited by TheArk_2014, 23 August 2018 - 12:36 PM.


iKnewIT #11 Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 71609 battles
  • 687
  • Member since:
    10-07-2012

I don't know what to think about wheeled vehicles till we do not have additional information, but:

1. I'll definitely try them;

2. I'm afraid that WV's ;) will kill the class of LT's....

 

Besides, I think that there should be the same restrictions of amount of LT's + WV's per battle as for SPG's. ;)

Despite ;) and, maybe, because of :P I play mostly with LT's.

 

p. s. Thanks for new and reworked maps.


Edited by iKnewIT, 23 August 2018 - 01:15 PM.


jonronimo #12 Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 33382 battles
  • 14
  • Member since:
    09-19-2014

Another french premium repeater.  Kandly needs a new pair of shoes. :P

 



STATUS7 #13 Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 15247 battles
  • 40
  • [RUL3S] RUL3S
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015
When is FRONT-LINE coming back? Thanks.

iMagniFico #14 Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:26 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3128 battles
  • 42
  • [SKIL5] SKIL5
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

 

QB posted this. Has some answers in there.



Darius_B1bis #15 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:36 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30006 battles
  • 801
  • [RAME] RAME
  • Member since:
    07-13-2015

View PostTheArk_2014, on 23 August 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

 

Mate, it is very simple, if you don't like them, don't play them ...

... no matter what WG do there are always some people who will complain ...

 

... on the other hand, WG has (probably) a Marketing Department that reads the statistics and it can says what is good or bad for the company, no matter if some of the changes/additions don't fit/suite to some players/customers.

 

PS: Personally I like the idea of the wheeled armored vehicles/tracks and I will try them.

 

PS 2: I think that soon enough we will have (as a premium tank) that strange Swedish hybrid tank that can use both tracks and wheels.

It's not so simple. If we find wheeled vehicles in game, running around incredibly fast, another matches will be ruined for TDs and heavies. Really, do we need armoured wheeled vehicles when there are plenty of bugs to fix?



apaleytos #16 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 15166 battles
  • 196
  • Member since:
    06-26-2012

View PostO_verdose, on 23 August 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Wonderful news!

 

So all problems are solved: mm is heaven, powercreep has been dealt with, all maps are perfectly balanced, pmm tanks have been updated succesfully (this was an urgent matter as i recall so i guess all wg staff was working on it) , ghost shells - no more, wierd dings are gone (25% rng you know, "esports") and now finally all staff was freed and contributed to "moving forward".

 

We have a new nation with new tanks ("unique" -  what a load of crap - dmg of e100 and russian armor ). I guess my dream of having the zulu nation tech tree (now that;s something unique) is slowly dying as now we will have wheeled vehicles....

 

 

These are "features" not problems for WG m8  :trollface:



O_verdose #17 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 40621 battles
  • 106
  • [RO-DM] RO-DM
  • Member since:
    09-24-2014

View Postapaleytos, on 23 August 2018 - 07:24 PM, said:

 

 

These are "features" not problems for WG m8  :trollface:

 

Actually these are symptoms of purest incompetence and poor management.

Lucci #18 Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10510 battles
  • 205
  • Member since:
    12-17-2011
Best thing is that there was a fast light tank already in wot in the past the T50-2 and it was changed in my garage to that crap tank MT-25 and now they get around with that wheeled tanks. Kind of pranking in my opinion.

Simona2k #19 Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:13 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1728 battles
  • 252
  • [GGLT] GGLT
  • Member since:
    10-01-2017
funny tank

Cobra6 #20 Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:34 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,691
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Looks interesting and will be curious for the maps since the current map rotation in WoT is very *VERY* stale.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 24 August 2018 - 10:36 AM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users