Will there be Match Making in WOT? with "real MM" that we like

A real Match Maker that works

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Will there be Match Making in WOT? with "real MM" that we like (25 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Teams with Match Maker looking for 'Balance of abilty' for longer battles

1. Yes (12 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. Nn (18 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Match Maker with just looking at "Personnel Win Rate & number battles for better Balanced Teams

1. Yes (11 votes [36.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.67%

2. NO (19 votes [63.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.33%

Would you mind if the MM took longer 30 ~ 45 Seconds to load you into a battle - if it was a longer satisfying game

1. Yes (16 votes [53.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

2. No (14 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

Vote Hide poll

Max_Calibre #1 Posted 23 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20552 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

The Match Making system as we know in WOT today is crude simplistic and really its just about fast 4 minute turbo battles 

Which seems to now always be getting you back into the Garage asap, then rinse repeat over and over, until you use up all your Gold for training crew freeing crew XP. or more likely fast vehicle XP grinding with Gold to free up your stored game XP to Free XP

Then ~

WG would like you to top up with new expensive Gold from the Premium Shop for cash from your Credit card/ Bank, its a business after all

Do you think that a 'competitive Match Making system' where the 2 teams are actually matched to say 20% of each other? would stop the 1 sided turbo 4 minute 1 team of tomato/ poor player loser battles

which cannot be called fun or enjoyable for either team (as 1 battle you can be on a "fairly good to good' team Win easy, BUT then easily next 5 battles weak player teams lose 5 in a row

the ratio of good teams and weak/ poor teams you get put into is not equal as we know 2 good teams then for RNG MM reasons next 6 or 9 bad teams or all day! all in a row you lose not

matter how well you play or do, you lose badly you have no influence in any outcome of those games

**would you mind waiting for an extra 30 or 45 seconds for the Servers to join into a battle with more balanced teams (for hopefully longer more satisfying games

from talking to 100's of my Clan members/ friends over the years the crude MM system is EASILY the most heated most often talked about topic that players I know get frustrated and angry about

in the Clans iv been in iv seen a increasing amount year in year out of players just leaving WOT goodbye, or stop playing WOT for months, or just become long term inactive account players

Do you have any ideas or suggestions to improve the simplistic €€€ orientated MM system in WOT with a better one which keeps WG's €€€ flowing but increases new 1 year new players and longer term players +2 year STAYING with WOT and growing the EU server numbers,

Please feel Free ~

Edited by Max_Calibre, 23 August 2018 - 03:00 PM.

cragarion #2 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:36 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 43833 battles

Matchmaking will never be good, 

there are just to many variables,

MM in this game is just like Balance in other games,

show me one truly balanced online game out there,

team games are even harder to balance because you cant get a true measure of the individuals skill due to the skill or lack of skill of the other players on your team,

if you are driving a slow tank and you have a highly skilled team they may wipe the enemy out before you can even get into a position to shoot anyone, so you have 0 damage, that does not make you a bad player,

or you could be driving forward with a crap team and get tracked and with no support from the team that's now hiding multi tracked and killed before you can do anything about it, so you have 0 damage, that does not make you a bad player,

the team greatly effects what you can do in a battle,

and don't point out the carries how often does that actually happen when you consider the hundreds of battles played every second.

no MM will never be truly sorted especially when you consider everyone has a different idea of what the perfect MM would be.

There's not one single truly balanced game out there and i doubt there ever will be.

Metalsniper #3 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20097 battles
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S
People want better MM but don't like any proposed fixes so they actually do deserve the rubbish MM may it live forever

BKatt #4 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32537 battles

View PostMetalsniper, on 23 August 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

People want better MM but don't like any proposed fixes so they actually do deserve the rubbish MM may it live forever

Yep thats right folks, you Better goddamn like the proposed fixes, or you will suffer eternal punishment in the form of current MM.

Because waiting for a Better idea to form, is unheard of! Outrageous even!! :facepalm:

Simeon85 #5 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

No to any form of skill based MM, it's inherently unfair.

Fix the template system and disproportion of bottom tier games, but I don't want any MM system that looks at player skill, it's flawed, unfair and won't even fix the problem you are suggesting it will. 

Metalsniper #6 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20097 battles
  • [F-K-S] F-K-S

View PostBKatt, on 23 August 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

Yep thats right folks, you Better goddamn like the proposed fixes, or you will suffer eternal punishment in the form of current MM.

Because waiting for a Better idea to form, is unheard of! Outrageous even!! :facepalm:

I mean not just his proposals there has been many years of proposals but noone ever agrees. Stop being dense.:facepalm:

ilhilh #7 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27078 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
Too many people want too many different things from the MM, and I'm sure plenty of people wouldn't like some of the things they ask for.  It will be impossible to get something that everyone likes.  But, the current 3/5/7 system is HORRIBLE.

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18003 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostMax_Calibre, on 23 August 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

The Match Making system as we know in WOT today is crude simplistic and really its just about fast 4 minute turbo battles 

Which seems to now always be getting you back into the Garage asap, then rinse repeat over and over, until you use up all your Gold for training crew freeing crew XP. or more likely fast vehicle XP grinding with Gold to free up your stored game XP to Free XP

Then ~

WG would like you to top up with new expensive Gold from the Premium Shop for cash from your Credit card/ Bank, its a business after all

Do you think that a 'competitive Match Making system' where the 2 teams are actually matched to say 20% of each other? would stop the 1 sided turbo 4 minute 1 team of tomato/ poor player loser battles

which cannot be called fun or enjoyable for either team (as 1 battle you can be on a "fairly good to good' team Win easy, BUT then easily next 5 battles weak player teams lose 5 in a row

the ratio of good teams and weak/ poor teams you get put into is not equal as we know 2 good teams then for RNG MM reasons next 6 or 9 bad teams or all day! all in a row you lose not

matter how well you play or do, you lose badly you have no influence in any outcome of those games

**would you mind waiting for an extra 30 or 45 seconds for the Servers to join into a battle with more balanced teams (for hopefully longer more satisfying games

from talking to 100's of my Clan members/ friends over the years the crude MM system is EASILY the most heated most often talked about topic that players I know get frustrated and angry about

in the Clans iv been in iv seen a increasing amount year in year out of players just leaving WOT goodbye, or stop playing WOT for months, or just become long term inactive account players

Do you have any ideas or suggestions to improve the simplistic €€€ orientated MM system in WOT with a better one which keeps WG's €€€ flowing but increases new 1 year new players and longer term players +2 year STAYING with WOT and growing the EU server numbers,

Please feel Free ~

Do you really use up all your gold for crew training, or free-xp'ing vehicles/equipment? I dont.

Now I am not saying that MM is perfect. It isn't. But who should WG change it to suit? You, me, or any of the other 100's of thousands of players, all of whom probably have a different idea as to how they think MM should be. Personally I dont have a problem with it. 

Dorander #9 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:32 PM

Major

• Player
  • 17873 battles

Voted for everything both yes and no because I could.

Also no idea what the difference between the first and second poll questions is supposed to be. How is ability measured in anything else than winrate?

Anyways the problem with skill-based MM remains: if you introduce skill-based MM, everyone gravitates towards a 49-50% winrate and your skillbased MM no longer works, and we're right where we are now.

speedphlux #10 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44067 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Believe it or not, Match Maker used to be good, but people were still complaining. Stuff like "Why does my Chaffee sees Tier 10s ?!" and so on. And with the introduction of the new Tier 10 Lights and whatnot, they just ditched the whole old "battle weight" system they had in place. I got so mad, I rage-sold my Chaffee, exactly because it was no longer able to see Tier 10s. Nowdays regular tech tree Lights are just useless for the most part.

Skill based MM will never work. It has been tried and tested in Armored Welfare and it's been proven to be crap. I don't mind carrying tomatoes and potatoes to undeserved victories. What I do mind is getting massively shafted by "the new and improved MM" with it's inability to understand that a stock T-44 isn't of the same value to it's team, as a Primo Victoria on the enemies'. Or matching a platoon of Type 5 Heavies vs platoon of AMX 50Bs on Himmelsdork. Screw that crap !

Joggaman #11 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 23647 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have no problems with MM (, artillery or gold ammo)! I'm not complaining. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users