Wiping the global map after each season is negative?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

FireflyDivision #1 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24323 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

So, what does everyone feel regarding the regular map wipes? Personally, I don't have a good experience with them. With suitable global map rules, map wipes aren't needed. From my view, the negative sides of map wipes are:

- They reset the tension-buildup all the time, leading to some conflicts never fully emerging or even starting.

- Long term plans often not happening. With that, I mean that groups of clans often decide not to even start thinking of attacking some area together because the map will be wiped soon anyway. 

- Especially 1-2 weeks before a season ends, many clans just start waiting till the end instead of planning new things. 

In my opinion, map wipes are a massive "holdback". 

What is your experience with them? Perhaps there is a difference between t8 and t10? Back in the days, we never had any wipes for years. Yeah, one might say that map wipes also have advantages, but really, those advantages are very minor compared to the disadvantages. 1 week after the start of a season, everyone is already settled again anyway.

Edited by FireflyDivision, 23 August 2018 - 04:00 PM.

Silas001 #2 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48325 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

I dont have a strong opinion on map wipes in any particular direction.

I just think it becomes a problem when the seasons become too short, but I like that everything gets mixed up a bit every once in a while (like every 3-6 months). And be honest if clans dont plan any major offensives for the last 2 weeks of a season they were not going to happen anyway. I think you put way too much trust / nostalgia into that supposed buildup of tension between alliances. And just during the wipes the major alliances dont get disrupted anyway and it is already decided who gets what before 1st day of the season. The only reason for strong clans to start major wars is when they get bored from just farming and want some action. And that action they tend to get from the campaigns anyway so no reason to risk the steady gold-income during seasons.

edit: In that sense the campaigns disrupt that "tension-buildup". That has up and downsides.

Edited by Silas001, 23 August 2018 - 05:51 PM.

FireflyDivision #3 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24323 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostSilas001, on 23 August 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

I dont have a strong opinion on map wipes in any particular direction.

I just think it becomes a problem when the seasons become too short, but I like that everything gets mixed up a bit every once in a while (like every 3-6 months). And be honest if clans dont plan any major offensives for the last 2 weeks of a season they were not going to happen anyway. I think you put way too much trust / nostalgia into that supposed buildup of tension between alliances. And just during the wipes the major alliances dont get disrupted anyway and it is already decided who gets what before 1st day of the season. The only reason for strong clans to start major wars is when they get bored from just farming and want some action. And that action they tend to get from the campaigns anyway so no reason to risk the steady gold-income during seasons.

edit: In that sense the campaigns disrupt that "tension-buildup". That has up and downsides.

Actually (I hope none of the t8 clans is reading this), if the season wasn't ending soon, I'd have organised an attack to the north together with 3 clans. It's just... we only just managed to settle and now the season is almost over. This is one example out of many.

Edited by FireflyDivision, 23 August 2018 - 05:54 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users