Jump to content


Personal missions in patch 1.1 still force players to own multiple arty(s)

arty personal missions 1.1

  • Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

lumberjack500 #1 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 21982 battles
  • 54
  • [U-L] U-L
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013
As the title says (side note: The worst part about it is that you have to play arty at all)

Balc0ra #2 Posted 23 August 2018 - 04:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65957 battles
  • 16,077
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postlumberjack500, on 23 August 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

As the title says (side note: The worst part about it is that you have to play arty at all)

 

You could say the same about nations you hate vs a class you hate. As now they still force classes as such. As there are spotting heavy missions, block heavy missions etc that needs LT's and HT's. But not everyone has HT's and LT's in all nations either that are equally effective. And if you went for the Maus or the Type 5 for HT-15. It won't help when it's China and Russia that has the HT-15 mission for 12K blocked. So it works both ways sadly. 

 

But 90% that did arty missions for the current PM's did grind the US SPG's. And atm the group US is a part of is the only one with stun as the main objective 3 times. As in one time pr tank. And not too tricky either. As it's just stun related, and not damage etc. The French and Russian group have stun as a secondary. But damage as a main. And when it's a main, you can do it in any tank, not just arty. So you might get off easy there unless you want to do everything with honors. 

 



PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:13 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30587 battles
  • 1,609
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
I find playing arty actually more relaxing than playing a normal tank...I don't see what your problem is.

BonjiOrongji #4 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40496 battles
  • 1,106
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 23 August 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

I find playing arty actually more relaxing than playing a normal tank...I don't see what your problem is.

 

relaxing ... i call it boring

SaintMaddenus #5 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:17 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34487 battles
  • 1,277
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011
Medium missions are my downfall.   Arty Missions are a piece of cake.   But you can save up your credit thingys to skip missions.

Andrasan89 #6 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6741 battles
  • 252
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

cant be perfect for everyone because we all are different ! But can be decent

 

and those missions are more than decent i think...

 

for me its annoying to be limited on tier...no problems with nations, classes...etc but with tiers

And some are still a bit too hard..(Chimera)...but hey...overall are really good.



Nethraniel #7 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:01 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 12959 battles
  • 1,929
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
If I understand the video to the new missions correctly, you can use these orders to skip missions, and repeat missions with honors to regain orders. That would allow to skip the arty missions with some more effort in other classes.

Bennie182 #8 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:35 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52699 battles
  • 1,526
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012
awesome... one day we all play Type 5's for the f*cking campain...

PervyPastryPuffer #9 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 30587 battles
  • 1,609
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View PostBonjiOrongji, on 23 August 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

relaxing ... i call it boring

 

That's... exactly the point... :facepalm:

BonjiOrongji #10 Posted 23 August 2018 - 07:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40496 battles
  • 1,106
  • [RMBLE] RMBLE
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 23 August 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

 

That's... exactly the point... :facepalm:

 

than you should just say that instead of "relaxing" ? ... no way to figure out that you are joking just by what you wrote ... and you also did over 3200 games in artys ... i would not do that if arty bores me out

Dava_117 #11 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:27 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19058 battles
  • 3,113
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 August 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

 

You could say the same about nations you hate vs a class you hate. As now they still force classes as such. As there are spotting heavy missions, block heavy missions etc that needs LT's and HT's. But not everyone has HT's and LT's in all nations either that are equally effective. And if you went for the Maus or the Type 5 for HT-15. It won't help when it's China and Russia that has the HT-15 mission for 12K blocked. So it works both ways sadly. 

 

But 90% that did arty missions for the current PM's did grind the US SPG's. And atm the group US is a part of is the only one with stun as the main objective 3 times. As in one time pr tank. And not too tricky either. As it's just stun related, and not damage etc. The French and Russian group have stun as a secondary. But damage as a main. And when it's a main, you can do it in any tank, not just arty. So you might get off easy there unless you want to do everything with honors. 

 

 

Nice... as if 2 arty line to grind weren't enought, know I have to grind the US line too... :(

mjs_89 #12 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4849 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostNethraniel, on 23 August 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

If I understand the video to the new missions correctly, you can use these orders to skip missions, and repeat missions with honors to regain orders. That would allow to skip the arty missions with some more effort in other classes.

 

If you want to avoid arty as much as possible, look at the arties you have (if any), and skip mission 15 of the faction (for wich you don't have arty) with the most arty missions with the orders from the other factions. Repeat for all sets of missions and you're good.

 

At least that's what I'm going to do with HT/blocking missions...


Edited by mjs_89, 23 August 2018 - 09:37 PM.


Balc0ra #13 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65957 battles
  • 16,077
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostDava_117, on 23 August 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

 

Nice... as if 2 arty line to grind weren't enought, know I have to grind the US line too... :(

 

Well, it's only stun related. So it's not like they will be super demanding. So you don't need to go that high hopefully to get the effect. And since the first tank has missions that go over time, and not for one battle alone. The tier 5 via the Chaffee should be enough on the first tank. As if the 2nd and 3rd tank are behind timed barriers like they say, and won't come until later. You will have enough time to get something better higher up that can farm stuns better for those if needed. So no need to panic that hard yet.  

 

 

 



Cannes76 #14 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:47 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 65563 battles
  • 1,680
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 23 August 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

I find playing arty actually more relaxing than playing a normal tank...I don't see what your problem is.

 

:facepalm:

Dava_117 #15 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:51 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19058 battles
  • 3,113
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 August 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

 

Well, it's only stun related. So it's not like they will be super demanding. So you don't need to go that high hopefully to get the effect. And since the first tank has missions that go over time, and not for one battle alone. The tier 5 via the Chaffee should be enough on the first tank. As if the 2nd and 3rd tank are behind timed barriers like they say, and won't come until later. You will have enough time to get something better higher up that can farm stuns better for those if needed. So no need to panic that hard yet.  

 

 

 

 

Yeh, was forgotting that those missions will be over time.

Guess I will get the occasion to try how T82 behave now that it's an SPG...



unhappy_bunny #16 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:10 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17997 battles
  • 2,563
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Postlumberjack500, on 23 August 2018 - 03:34 PM, said:

As the title says (side note: The worst part about it is that you have to play arty at all)

 

No one FORCES you to do anything. You CHOOSE to do the missions, therefore you have to use the vehicles required. 

Of course I could be wrong and WG have sent a couple of heavily armed goons round to see you and you are doing the missions under duress, but somehow I doubt that. 



mjs_89 #17 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4849 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 August 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

 

Well, it's only stun related. So it's not like they will be super demanding. So you don't need to go that high hopefully to get the effect. And since the first tank has missions that go over time, and not for one battle alone. The tier 5 via the Chaffee should be enough on the first tank. As if the 2nd and 3rd tank are behind timed barriers like they say, and won't come until later. You will have enough time to get something better higher up that can farm stuns better for those if needed. So no need to panic that hard yet. 

 

Minimum tier for Excalibur missions is 6, so a little grinding has to be done. But as you said, the missions are easy and some arty can be unlocked via other lines.

French have a t6 researchable from the AMX 12t, russian arty unlocks after the KV-2 and the US you mentioned already.

I really don't see how getting those is more of a burden than me having to grind multiple HT lines since the only decent HT above t5 I have is the Patriot... Oh well, time to grind the OI I guess.


Edited by mjs_89, 23 August 2018 - 10:27 PM.


Balc0ra #18 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 65957 battles
  • 16,077
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postmjs_89, on 23 August 2018 - 10:26 PM, said:

 

Minimum tier for Excalibur missions is 6, so a little grinding has to be done. But as you said, the missions are easy and some arty can be unlocked via other lines.

French have a t6 researchable from the AMX 12t, russian arty unlocks after the KV-2 and the US you mentioned already.

I really don't see how getting those is more of a burden than me having to grind multiple HT lines since the only decent HT above t5 I have is the Patriot... Oh well, time to grind the OI I guess.

 

S-51 from the KV-2 that most already have elited. Put the stock gun on it and you get the same pen and alpha as the tier 9 US stock gun, with more or less the 21 sec reload. So min grinding needs to be done to get some stuns times gathered up there too. And yeah it's tier 6. But still, going from the Chaffee to the M44 is not that much work. Even less so when there is a 5x like this. So take advantage of it instantly to save time. 

mjs_89 #19 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4849 battles
  • 287
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 23 August 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

 

S-51 from the KV-2 that most already have elited. Put the stock gun on it and you get the same pen and alpha as the tier 9 US stock gun, with more or less the 21 sec reload. So min grinding needs to be done to get some stuns times gathered up there too. And yeah it's tier 6. But still, going from the Chaffee to the M44 is not that much work. Even less so when there is a 5x like this. So take advantage of it instantly to save time. 

 

Exactly. I don't have the KV-2 though, but that shouldn't be a problem since I plan to skip the Union set for the Excalibur anyways due to a lack of decent HTs. And currently I'm busy grinding OI and M44 anyways... The x5 really helps getting some grinding done before the patch.

Maauru #20 Posted 23 August 2018 - 10:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18810 battles
  • 696
  • [C_V] C_V
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

As I understand only arty you need is where USA/UK is? Or I got something wrong?

I have T8 French arty I grinded for Personal Missions 1.0 and have plan now to grind USA T5 arty from Chaffee and than T6 which should be enough for 1st set of missions.







Also tagged with arty, personal, missions, 1.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users