Jump to content


WZ-111 to Alpine Tiger swap

WZ-111 Apline Tiger Tank swap free change

  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Balc0ra #1 Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66636 battles
  • 16,664
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

I'm not sure many are aware. But if like me you have a WZ-111 you got for free via the Marathon event they had years ago. And only played 3 games in it since. You can now swap it for something that at least looks better.

 

WZ-111 Alpine Tiger is for sale right now. And WG has kindly offered WZ-111 owners to change to the Alpine for free. Tho ofc the stats will remain on the old tank, the equipment will be removed for free, and it's non reversible. But if I get a tank back that looks like that. I'll take it. All you have to do is send a ticket to support and ask. Tho they said it might take time, and it will be done in waves.

 

You can find the exchange link here via the "pimp my ride" button.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/gamescom-week-end-sale-wz-111-alpine-tiger/

 

Usually it's done the other way around if you don't like the skinned version. But it's at least nice of WG to offer it the other way here this time.

 

 

 

 



TheJumpMaster #2 Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 47934 battles
  • 4,612
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 August 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

I'm not sure many are aware. But if like me you have a WZ-111 you got for free via the Marathon event they had years ago. And only played 3 games in it since. You can now swap it for something that at least looks better.

 

WZ-111 Alpine Tiger is for sale right now. And WG has kindly offered WZ-111 owners to change to the Alpine for free. Tho ofc the stats will remain on the old tank, the equipment will be removed for free, and it's non reversible. But if I get a tank back that looks like that. I'll take it. All you have to do is send a ticket to support and ask. Tho they said it might take time, and it will be done in waves.

 

You can find the exchange link here via the "pimp my ride" button.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/gamescom-week-end-sale-wz-111-alpine-tiger/

 

Usually it's done the other way around if you don't like the skinned version. But it's at least nice of WG to offer it the other way here this time.

 

 

 

 

 

I became greedy and now have two tanks that are exactly the same, except for the exterior decorations.

 



adameitas #3 Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:48 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 63918 battles
  • 861
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
already done, Alpine looks really really good.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66636 battles
  • 16,664
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 24 August 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

 

I became greedy and now have two tanks that are exactly the same, except for the exterior decorations.

 

 

I had little love for the WZ tbh. And thus I played mine little. So I don't need two, but I'll play it more often if it at least looks good once I get the change approved.

TheJumpMaster #5 Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:51 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 47934 battles
  • 4,612
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 August 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

 

I had little love for the WZ tbh. And thus I played mine little. So I don't need two, but I'll play it more often if it at least looks good once I get the change approved.

 

I like my Alpine, so I will try and kindle that enthusiasm for the standard version.

Simeon85 #6 Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:54 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,340
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

Sweet, thanks for the heads up, just sent my ticket off. 

 

I think the WZ-111 will become quite strong after the proposed buffs to the pref-MM tanks. It's a pretty solid heavium after the recent buffs. 



the_nebuchadnezzar #7 Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48661 battles
  • 1,193
  • Member since:
    08-19-2013
I also decide to swap mine. Now I will wait for the next WZ111 marathon.... :hiding:

Metalsniper #8 Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20348 battles
  • 626
  • [WHEN] WHEN
  • Member since:
    03-01-2012
With 175 pen I don't care how it looks lmao and even the proposed buffs thus far are lame and minor

Edited by Metalsniper, 24 August 2018 - 12:33 PM.


HaxPayne #9 Posted 24 August 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 43925 battles
  • 29
  • [NQXUS] NQXUS
  • Member since:
    08-20-2012

I have a question about this swap.

 

I compared the two tanks in with the in-game comparison tool. The Alpine Tiger and the base uncamouflaged WZ-111 have the same camo rating. Since the AP cannot have camo added, does this mean that it has a lower maximum achievable camo rating? Or is this just an error with the tool?

 

(I know doesn't make much of a difference on a heavy, thanks).



Simeon85 #10 Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,340
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostMetalsniper, on 24 August 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

With 175 pen I don't care how it looks lmao and even the proposed buffs thus far are lame and minor

 

Sounds more like learn to play issues more than anything, it's a good tank since the buffs and has 250 pen HEAT so can deal with most that the MM throws at it, whilst you use your AP against softer targets and for overmatch. 

Jumping_TurtIe #11 Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:44 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6268 battles
  • 1,037
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015
Does the Alpine tank also have PMM ?

Balc0ra #12 Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66636 battles
  • 16,664
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostSimeon85, on 24 August 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

 

Sounds more like learn to play issues more than anything, it's a good tank since the buffs and has 250 pen HEAT so can deal with most that the MM throws at it, whilst you use your AP against softer targets and for overmatch. 

 

Well as some might recall... the IS-2 and the Chinese 175 pen 122mm had 300 HEAT pen when the line arrived. Playing the IS-2 back then, you could auto aim at everything in a +2 game and more or less pen it. But yeah, vs the IS-6 the 250 HEAT pen makes it less painful vs the super heavies the IS-6's 217 gold pen can't touch. But the mobility makes it way more workable vs the IS-6 with the 175 base pen. 

 

But tbh I've neglected mine as I did not need crew training. 

 



PervyPastryPuffer #13 Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:19 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 31208 battles
  • 2,296
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

Ever since I first saw the Alpine Tiger, I immediately fell in love with its looks... I could only dream of it ever being sold on the EU server, but I was sad I wouldn't be able to buy it, you know...small budget...

 

I would never in my wildest dreams have imagined WG would let us swap our old 111's out for the Alpine Tiger for free, so when I saw the news article, I shed a tear of joy... :mellow:

 

My face looked just like this guy's at the time. :D

 



monthey_ #14 Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:05 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36291 battles
  • 689
  • [MAROC] MAROC
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 August 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

I'm not sure many are aware. But if like me you have a WZ-111 you got for free via the Marathon event they had years ago. And only played 3 games in it since. You can now swap it for something that at least looks better.

 

WZ-111 Alpine Tiger is for sale right now. And WG has kindly offered WZ-111 owners to change to the Alpine for free. Tho ofc the stats will remain on the old tank, the equipment will be removed for free, and it's non reversible. But if I get a tank back that looks like that. I'll take it. All you have to do is send a ticket to support and ask. Tho they said it might take time, and it will be done in waves.

 

You can find the exchange link here via the "pimp my ride" button.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/gamescom-week-end-sale-wz-111-alpine-tiger/

 

Usually it's done the other way around if you don't like the skinned version. But it's at least nice of WG to offer it the other way here this time.

 

 

 

 

 

Played the whole day and didnt even notice that I could swap my WZ-111. Thanks alot man, ticket is in progress :D

Edited by monthey_, 24 August 2018 - 06:05 PM.


Balc0ra #15 Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66636 battles
  • 16,664
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Postmonthey_, on 24 August 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

 

Played the whole day and didnt even notice that I could swap my WZ-111. Thanks alot man, ticket is in progress :D

 

Just don't play your WZ-111 until they finish it. Or you might interrupt the swap apparently. 

 

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 24 August 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

Does the Alpine tank also have PMM ?

 

​It's the same tank with a different skin. So yes it does. 

vixu #16 Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:53 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 42825 battles
  • 3,374
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
pimping. Ty for the heads up.

CurseOfDeath #17 Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:01 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28880 battles
  • 355
  • Member since:
    11-25-2011
I played 1 battle with it, will the swap fail now ?

WindSplitter1 #18 Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:27 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16303 battles
  • 2,564
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 August 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

I'm not sure many are aware. But if like me you have a WZ-111 you got for free via the Marathon event they had years ago. And only played 3 games in it since. You can now swap it for something that at least looks better.

 

WZ-111 Alpine Tiger is for sale right now. And WG has kindly offered WZ-111 owners to change to the Alpine for free. Tho ofc the stats will remain on the old tank, the equipment will be removed for free, and it's non reversible. But if I get a tank back that looks like that. I'll take it. All you have to do is send a ticket to support and ask. Tho they said it might take time, and it will be done in waves.

 

You can find the exchange link here via the "pimp my ride" button.

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/premium-shop/gamescom-week-end-sale-wz-111-alpine-tiger/

 

Usually it's done the other way around if you don't like the skinned version. But it's at least nice of WG to offer it the other way here this time.

 

 

 

 

 

Nice to see you actually starting a thread. :):honoring:

Balc0ra #19 Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:35 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66636 battles
  • 16,664
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 24 August 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

 

Nice to see you actually starting a thread. :):honoring:

 

Yeah, I'm not know to do that. As most stuff I want to talk about already has a topic. So why make more :P 

Jumping_TurtIe #20 Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6268 battles
  • 1,037
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 24 August 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

 

​It's the same tank with a different skin. So yes it does. 

 

Thanks!

 

Hello Jumping_Turtle,

Thank you for contacting us about the WZ-111 Premium Tank swap.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users