Personal Missions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

TheJumpMaster #1 Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 47187 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I've been working on the missions for what seems to be years.Sometimes quite actively and sometimes quite passively.  I have 8 missions left to getting the Object 260. The last few days I've been looking at mission MT-12 (The Incinerator mission). I've noticed that my gaming performance has worsened, whilst try to complete these missions. I'm not the greatest player to start off with, so you can imagine how I'm doing.\

Other than E-peen enhancement, are there any real reasons to pursue these missions?

Keyanu #2 Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9486 battles
  • [TE4RS] TE4RS
I tend to have the mission selected but then I forget about it. Then you'll get surprises like I had this morning where I've completed it without knowing.

tank276 #3 Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50074 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 24 August 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

I've been working on the missions for what seems to be years.Sometimes quite actively and sometimes quite passively.  I have 8 missions left to getting the Object 260. The last few days I've been looking at mission MT-12 (The Incinerator mission). I've noticed that my gaming performance has worsened, whilst try to complete these missions. I'm not the greatest player to start off with, so you can imagine how I'm doing.\

Other than E-peen enhancement, are there any real reasons to pursue these missions?

My performance was going down the drain when I was pursuing missions too,just do as Keyanu said and just play.

I only missed artillery mission 15 to get the 260. Yesterday a friend (fellow veteran player) came by my house for coffee and played one artillery battle without much trying in my account (Glacier in stock M53/55).

260 sits in the garage :honoring:

PervyPastryPuffer #4 Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30709 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
The Obj. 260 is craptastic at best...not worth the extra effort.

ilhilh #5 Posted 24 August 2018 - 05:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27078 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

I always have missions running but most of the time I forget what they are!  Occasionally I will tab mid game to check it but my main focus for perhaps my first 15 games is securing the daily win bonus and if I happen to get a mission then that is great.  I don't often game for long enough to get my dailies on all grinding tanks, but if I do then I will start picking tanks based on what I think will be suitable for a mission - but even then a lot of them require situations that you cannot necessarily manufacture yourself.

It is very very rare that I will chase a mission... although technically I did last night when I had to spot + dmg a SPG in a LT and at 4-12 down I made a run at the 1 arty on Abbey and killed it in my WZ-132.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66073 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well you can still have them on when the new missions come. So you can still try. 

But yeah, when you focus 100% on doing some of the missions. Your neglect other vital aspects of a battle and you usually do worse. Thus why after a bit I started to ignore the missions, and just took it as they came. And that worked better. 

PowJay #7 Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35446 battles

The trouble with some PMs is that while they might not be counterproductive, they are counter-intuitive. You can't play as freely as you like and do what you want when you want and still complete the mission.

Take the MT mission to damage/kill TDs. I would look at the enemy team line-up and decide that about half the time it was simply not possible to complete the mission. When there was sufficient TD HP on the opposite team, I would try- although not to the expense of everything else- to damage the TDs. This might lead me to some bad decisions.

Some of my missions have come about as a complete accident, but there are quite a few that need more focussed tactics or a lot of luck.

Wintermute_1 #8 Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43959 battles

Working through the 260 missions myself now, did the SPG ones fairly easily although didnt do SPG 15 with honours and I could do with the order so I go hack to it once in a while. All other tank types, Im on about mission 6 or 7 for and feel like the times when they 'just happen' are behind me. The problem with the 260 missions imo is that the requirements make them very map dependant and most of the time you dont stand a chance simply because of the map youre on.

Also the Heavy missions feel much harder than the missions for other tank types.

Bora_BOOM #9 Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 22237 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

I have finished the two first sets with honours. I have like 3 or 4 to end the t55a set without honours cause I am no try hard. 260 missions I will just not play for. Will enable them and if they happen that would be it. There are missions that will not occure accidently to a player like I am. I will not get 7k combined lt15 casually playing. For couple of days I played only 3 LTs and my performance dropped. Was close once, haven't realised that I had almost 6 combined. All I had to do is YOLO enemy TDs to spot them. Forgot.

All in all, I don't believe I even need the mission tanks. It's only cause of the girl crew and the chalange itself. Therefore 260 for me is not going to be a goal at all. Everybody should chose where to pull the line, wanting too much without being able to achieve it does not sound like fun. And when you don't want/need the prize the reason to push too much is just not worth it.

Edited by Bora_BOOM, 24 August 2018 - 07:30 PM.

DarkAngel666nl #10 Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12681 battles

View PostPowJay, on 24 August 2018 - 05:45 PM, said:

The trouble with some PMs is that while they might not be counterproductive, they are counter-intuitive. You can't play as freely as you like and do what you want when you want and still complete the mission.

Take the MT mission to damage/kill TDs. I would look at the enemy team line-up and decide that about half the time it was simply not possible to complete the mission. When there was sufficient TD HP on the opposite team, I would try- although not to the expense of everything else- to damage the TDs. This might lead me to some bad decisions.

Some of my missions have come about as a complete accident, but there are quite a few that need more focussed tactics or a lot of luck.

The T-55A MT-15 mission, is one that I am stuck on, at least for the secondary. I just happened to get 2,5k damage on TDs once, without winning or hitting enough targets, but have never been able to replicate it, not even in my M48 on a 30V30 game. In my opinion that mission should be 3 or 4k damage to all tanks, not just TDs, especially since they are either available in very low numbers, or running right in between Heavys and not a viable target.
19:01 Added after 4 minutes

View PostBora_BOOM, on 24 August 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I have finished the two first sets with honours. I have like 3 or 4 to end the t55a set without honours cause I am no try hard. 260 missions I will just not play for. Will enable them and if they happen that would be it. There are missions that will not occure accidently to a player like I am. I will not get 7k combined lt15 casually playing. For couple of days I played only 3 LTs and my performance dropped. Was close once, haven't realised that I had almost 6 combined. All I had to do is YOLO enemy TDs to spot them. Forgot.

All in all, I don't believe I even need the mission tanks. It's only cause of the girl crew and the chalange itself. Therefore 260 for me is not going to be a goal at all. Everybody should chose where to pull the line, wanting too much without being able to achieve it does not sound like fun. And when you don't want/need the prize the reason to push too much is just not worth it.

I am just using my Orders on the Object 260, I am currently still stuck on MT-15-3 and TD-15-3 to get the orders, and after that I should have LT-15-4, MT-15-4, HT-15-4 and TD-15-4 unlocked and only SPG-15-4 left to do.

Hamsterkicker #11 Posted 07 September 2018 - 07:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 33636 battles
  • [TEAMB] TEAMB

As the orders from the old campaign, don't work for the second one. I decided to use them straight away to unlock HT15, MT15 and SPG15 for the object 260. Now I immediately got the extra female crew for my french lights in anticipation of the wheeled vehicles.. Will see if I ever finish those missions later on.

In the end I think the female crew is the best value you get from these campaigns anyway.

Homer_J #12 Posted 07 September 2018 - 08:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28351 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I have no delusions of getting the OBJ260 during my lifetime.  If I can get one more set for the 55A completed with honours then I'll probably skip the rest just to unlock the final set of arty missions, even if it means using all my orders (currently have 11).

The new set of missions already has me changing the way I play which I'm not happy about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users