Brawling in a Chrysler K...is it effective? Is the vehicle OP?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

CircleOfSorrow #1 Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

I thought the Chrysler K was a gold magnet trash tank until I saw this vid;

Ironically, Leopard's message is that the vehicle is not OP and is actually a way for WG to increase prem ammo usage and as an extension increase profitability.  I notice that towards the end of the clip, Leopard is brawling one on one, and the Chrysler has great P/W and traverse rates.   Notice he is able to bait shots and switch angles easily.  This looks like fun.  I figure that the well armored vehicles you face and Leopard states you will need prem ammo to pen frontally should be at a major mobility disadvantage.

What I want to know is; is this tank an awesome brawler?  I don't brawl in any of the bush kemping redline sniping tanks I favour, and I think this might actually be a fresh and fun change of pace.

Yakito #2 Posted 24 August 2018 - 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18873 battles
I don't remember ever seeing any decent Chrysler performances in battles. It's bad, it does not bring fear to the battlefield and it's just "there" in battle.

CircleOfSorrow #3 Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:05 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostYakito, on 24 August 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

I don't remember ever seeing any decent Chrysler performances in battles. It's bad, it does not bring fear to the battlefield and it's just "there" in battle.

Same, but there it is in the clip looking damn good!  I am wondering if it just being overplayed by noobs.

NoobySkooby #4 Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14100 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 24 August 2018 - 11:33 PM, said:

Ironically, Leopard's message is that the vehicle is not OP and is actually a way for WG to increase prem ammo usage and as an extension increase profitability.  I notice that towards the end of the clip, Leopard is brawling one on one, and the Chrysler has great P/W and traverse rates.   Notice he is able to bait shots and switch angles easily.  This looks like fun.  I figure that the well armored vehicles you face and Leopard states you will need prem ammo to pen frontally should be at a major mobility disadvantage.

What I want to know is; is this tank an awesome brawler?  I don't brawl in any of the bush kemping redline sniping tanks I favour, and I think this might actually be a fresh and fun change of pace.

People always mention the patriot and the Libertie, neither of them are overpower either, still like the idea of it, and what one streamer thinks of it is of little regard to most players, if you have it, you have to make it work, you cannot emulate others as each battle is different.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50769 battles

Chrysler is an awesome brawler, frontal armor is great, gun is responsive and got enough gold pen to be effective in tier 10 battles.

Rear mounted turret makes it a bit situational like every other vehicle like this. Hilly maps are not that good for this tank.

P/W ratio makes it very agile although the top speed is limited.

The only major problem with the Chrysler is that it doesn't make credits because it rely heavily on shooting gold. When top tier, which is rare these days, the AP pen is enough for most targets.

Sfinski #6 Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31957 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Compare it to most t8 tanks and it for sure is OP as hell. 

fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 25 August 2018 - 06:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48224 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Besides the fact it's a gold magnet and requires prem ammo spam by the player, it looks freaking ugly. Would not play this thing.

zerosumgame #8 Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47138 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Playing Frontline I found out how good the Chrysler K is, it was the only tank that made me retreat when 1 vs. 1. No way to damage it frontally with tier 8 tanks when it is used properly. Will probably buy one if it becomes available in the shop again.

DeadLecter #9 Posted 25 August 2018 - 07:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24350 battles
Chrysler has good armor but the same bad gun is T32. 198 pen in T9 and 10 is never enough and it always has to fire gold. On the other hand the armor is strong and other people have to shoot gold at it. So Win-Win for WG

Bordhaw #10 Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11698 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 24 August 2018 - 10:33 PM, said:

The point was you need premium ammo to damage it and when using it need to fire premium ammo to damage everyone else.

When Frontline was on, which was all Tier 8's, I didnt see very many and they were not OP. 

CircleOfSorrow #11 Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 25 August 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

The point was you need premium ammo to damage it and when using it need to fire premium ammo to damage everyone else.

When Frontline was on, which was all Tier 8's, I didnt see very many and they were not OP. 

Players dump every heavy that has relatively weak armour into the viable 'heavium' category, so why can't a heavy tank with relatively weak pen but the great mobility of a medium be categorised the same way?  I would try it that way before a 50t.

mpf1959 #12 Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16632 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Brawling in a Chrysler K...is it effective?

I know brawling against one in a Ripper Patton is not! :teethhappy:

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50769 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 25 August 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Players dump every heavy that has relatively weak armour into the viable 'heavium' category, so why can't a heavy tank with relatively weak pen but the great mobility of a medium be categorised the same way?  I would try it that way before a 50t.

Look at it this way...

"Heaviums" have poor armor but usually good penetration. Chrysler using gold ammo have both.

Would be a waste not to use that armor against the enemy heavies.

CircleOfSorrow #14 Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 August 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Look at it this way...

"Heaviums" have poor armor but usually good penetration. Chrysler using gold ammo have both.

Would be a waste not to use that armor against the enemy heavies.

My point is that the mobility and angled well armoured characteristics of the tanks seem to make it capable against low pen AP and high pen HEAT when manoeuvred well during brawling.  I figure that you would meet that opposition most when facing mediums.  When facing heavies and just mindlessly scraping against them, you are likely to face a mix of ammo, including HE from some heavies and arty focusing the heavy chokepoint. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50769 battles

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 25 August 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

My point is that the mobility and angled well armoured characteristics of the tanks seem to make it capable against low pen AP and high pen HEAT when manoeuvred well during brawling.  I figure that you would meet that opposition most when facing mediums.  When facing heavies and just mindlessly scraping against them, you are likely to face a mix of ammo, including HE from some heavies and arty focusing the heavy chokepoint. 

That's true and definitely worth a try.

CircleOfSorrow #16 Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 August 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

That's true and definitely worth a try.

Also, I forgot; the crappy low pen AP would have more pen potential.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:44 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50769 battles
I bought this tank when it was first released and despite being a good tank, it was a painful experience. The hate was real because of the fochgate thing, team damage/kill was literally every other battle. I had to leave it for a while till things cool down a bit! :)

Bexleyheath #18 Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5574 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I've seen them ingame a few times and Im not especially impressed. The only thing it had going for it is the armour, and armour is mostly useless*

*higher tier tanks can just shoot straight through it, while same and lower tier tanks just dab the 2 key and THEN shoot right through it.

CircleOfSorrow #19 Posted 25 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 August 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

I bought this tank when it was first released and despite being a good tank, it was a painful experience. The hate was real because of the fochgate thing, team damage/kill was literally every other battle. I had to leave it for a while till things cool down a bit! :)

I find that interesting and a little disappointing.  I don't know why I am still surprised by player behaviour in this game.

View PostBexleyheath, on 25 August 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

I've seen them ingame a few times and Im not especially impressed. The only thing it had going for it is the armour, and armour is mostly useless*

*higher tier tanks can just shoot straight through it, while same and lower tier tanks just dab the 2 key and THEN shoot right through it.

That is why I am curious if anybody has experience mitigating HEAT by baiting and manoeuvring the armour. 

tankzman #20 Posted 25 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 64788 battles

Its not OP in money income. 

Its OP in performance if you have money for gold ammo. 

How hard can it be to separate this? *edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82, 26 August 2018 - 06:50 PM.
non constructive remarks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users